Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-04-2007, 02:11 PM   #1
ben131185

Default Exhaust Flames

The other day my mate was telling me he saw an old hotted up fairlane at the traffic lights and when it took off flames were coming out of the exhaust!
My mate then caught up to him at the next set of lights and said "u must be kidding!!!" the guy in the fairlane said something to the effect of "yeah i am, the flames are fake".
Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Or know anything about this kinda thing?

ben131185 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 02:31 PM   #2
pb02
inconceivable!

Yeah, seen a few around, mostly in the US though. You can get kits over there. It's just adding a spark plug to the end of the tip, add a coil, fuses and richen the mix up and presto!
pb02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 02:47 PM   #3
ridefox
nitro addict

A good mate of mine has one of them kits on his VS 5L its just a spark plug tapped into his exhaust about 100mm from the end an a coil pack under the back bumper he just gives it a rev flicks the switch an it shoots flames upto a meter long the more u rev it the bigger the flames ive got a video of it on my phone if i can find the plug ill post it up for u
ridefox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 03:25 PM   #4
Daniel
F6 - with sugar on top

haha so stupid..

surely illegal and could only serve on purpose in my eyes = tailgaters will get a melted bumper haha!
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 03:33 PM   #5
mark180227
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol i remember watching a episode of pimp my ride, and they did it to an old mustang.
mark180227 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 03:47 PM   #6
mk2maniac

Yeah, you can buy kits. Only really looks good on old cars, hot rods with zoomies, or cars with sidepipes.
mk2maniac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 03:51 PM   #7
honer
Back to N/A land

www.flamethrowers.com.au is a aussie place that makes a kit.
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 04:10 PM   #8
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel
haha so stupid..

surely illegal and could only serve on purpose in my eyes = tailgaters will get a melted bumper haha!
So true, but not sure if it is stupid, sounds ricer cool to me!!!
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 06:00 PM   #9
Schlimmeh
BF XR8 Ute = Bluesmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel
haha so stupid..

I reckon it would melt my u-beaut 'Ford' plastic bumper - it seems to go out of shape even without any help...
Schlimmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 06:06 PM   #10
Cruise

id watch out when doing that when police are around
Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 06:34 PM   #11
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by honer
www.flamethrowers.com.au is a aussie place that makes a kit.
A quote from that site :

Quote:
Is It legal?
There is no law against the fitment of our flamethrower kit to your car but they are for off road use only. Cops just don't like these things for some reason???? So to be safe just dont go shooting big flames while your driving around on public roads, having them fitted is fine.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 07:02 PM   #12
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Even better with a 9kg B.B.Q. gas bottle tapped into the tailpipe. Dont laugh ive seen it done with spectacular results.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 07:12 PM   #13
Doogstar
B-Series Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark180227
lol i remember watching a episode of pimp my ride, and they did it to an old mustang.
I saw that episode, the head guy said something like "WTF are you doing, take them off it's illegal"

380rwkw - 11.68 @ 120.94mph 60ft=1.97
Custom Tune, Exhaust. injectors.1.2K Plazmaman 1.2K Plenum kit

Now with bigger turbo and 426rwkw.
Doogstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2007, 10:02 PM   #14
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Few years back there was a guy in Queensland running a supercharged outlaws sedan with LPG setup on his zoomie headers.....
To see the car run at night you'd swear it was just like nitro without the big noise blast.....crowd used to go nuts :
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post