Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 20-03-2007, 07:11 PM   #1
FANTASY
At Sea. Missing the Ts

Default ED info

E series gurus,

Apart from the ED XR range and the ED V8 Fairmont, what other ED was Tickford Enhanced. What were those enhancements?

Thanks

FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

ED Sprint! :P Although I spose that's technically an XR8 Sprint. GT40 heads, roller rockers, Cobra intake, 24lb calibrated MAF and injectors, larger t/b, GT cam, but had shitty standard factory headers!

The NC sportsman had basically an XR6 engine with a green rocker cover.

All factory-gas EDs were technically tickford enhanced

ED V8 fairmont wasn't tickford enhanced ;)
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 09:15 AM   #3
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Apparently the Sprint was considered an option pack on the XR8 rather than a seperate model. The normal XR8 only had suspension and styling modifications by Tickford.

All I can add otherwise is that Tickford suspension packages were an option across the ED range. You may well find a Tickford enhanced ED GLi.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 09:45 AM   #4
bdennis
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsautomotive
Apparently the Sprint was considered an option pack on the XR8 rather than a seperate model. The normal XR8 only had suspension and styling modifications by Tickford.

All I can add otherwise is that Tickford suspension packages were an option across the ED range. You may well find a Tickford enhanced ED GLi.
Yep. Strictly speaking the Sprint was a option pack.. But boy were there changes.. From what I can tell the changes were all done when the car was built and done on the line and not sent to tickford to modifications..
The list of differences between a Std ED XR8 and a ED XR8 Sprint are as long as your arm.. When effectively there is just 1 additional option number on the order.. Changes were not just as simple as Engine, trim and badges..
Some of the lesser known differences, Sprint spec stearing rack, 5,500rpm tacho, different mounting points on the top arms of the diff, power stearing cooler, blah blah... etc Happy to privide more info if you are specificly interested in the ED Sprint. :

All the enhancements were developed by Tickford but placed on the car on the line.. :

Last edited by bdennis; 21-03-2007 at 10:00 AM.
bdennis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 09:24 AM   #5
FANTASY
At Sea. Missing the Ts

Thanks for the info.
WWW.RDPMACKAY.COM.AU

POLEPOSITION TRIPOD and XForce gauges

The T has a new garage buddy - 2010 FG XR6T Ute
FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 10:10 AM   #6
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdennis
From what I can tell the changes were all done when the car was built and done on the line and not sent to tickford to modifications..
hate to argue with ya mate, but there are photos around supposedly taken at the tickford workshops in the early 90's howing EB GT's and sprints after delivery from the ford factory, and in various stages through the build process

cant remember where i found them, but a couple *may* have been in the galleries on AFF here

out of curiousity, have you asked for/read the ford verification letter for your car? mine lists all the right stuff except 195 tyres on 14" wheels...... which would support tickford taking a base car from the factory and doing all the special bits themselves