Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-01-2007, 10:11 PM   #1
jonohall

Default ignition leads

Hi everyone.

normally i have questions about my EL. but this time its about my mums corolla but it is a pretty generic question so hopefully you guys will help me out. Basically, mums car is 'missing' a beat sometimes. Should the ignition leads be the first point of call and could someone please describe the process of checking whether they have had it or not?

thanks!

jonohall is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2007, 12:35 AM   #2
jonohall

bump. would really like to know how to test whether the leads are working properly. voltmeter?

thanks
Old 12-02-2007, 08:58 AM   #3
naughtyfalcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

basicly disconnect them one by one till you find the shonky one..or just replace them anyway,,at least then you'd know..
Old 12-02-2007, 08:15 PM   #4
jonohall

How so? engine on/off? am i looking for a good spark? a little more detail for a noob. cheers
Old 20-02-2007, 11:57 PM   #5
jonohall

car is coughing quite noticeably at idle. so i need to bump this back up. help pls
Old 21-02-2007, 12:29 AM   #6
jonohall

Please note that if you start to accelerate the engine smooths out and you don't notice a 'cough'. but pull up at a traffic light and you feel it. ideas thanks guys.
Old 21-02-2007, 02:40 AM   #7
ebfalcon13.5
grey bumperz

just hold each of the lead end up to ya finger or any bare metal like your rocker cover and get someone to turn the engine over do this for all 4 leads and make sure you get a stong blue spark if you do id say replace your spark plugs and if you dont replace the dizzy cap, plugs and the leads if still not gettin a spark or if looks orange and weak then try a new coil maybe although it could quite possibly be something else but try this first hope this helps
Old 21-02-2007, 07:49 PM   #8
webby_191189
low wagooon

just go out buy a set of 8mm top gun leads and some new sparks plugs. Cleared up the prob in my lil daddo and you can really notice it to.

webby_191189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post