Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-04-2005, 07:19 PM   #1
Twisted
Contributing Member

Default Inconsiderate ****ers

I alway park my car at the station in the mornings but i make sure to either park with one side next to a garden bed or right in the centre of the space. I get back to my car this arvo and notice some sh*tbox white thing parked right on the line. I cruise up for a closer look and sure enough, a shallow ding in the door, white paint on top of it and matching blue paint on the edge of their door. Ive got the rego number and a bill for cleaning it up will be on their way. I ate these inconsiderate pr*cks who just dont care. What a great 24hrs.

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 07:24 PM   #2
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can't blame ya, I would have eaten them too :P (Sorry, had to do it!).

On a serious note, that sucks *** dude.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 07:25 PM   #3
Marlin_Girl
I wish I was a Pursuit...

that sux!
same thing happened to my EL except it happened right in front of my eyes. big Surf or something parked next to me at school as im approaching, this little girl's like SWINGING on the passenger side door and just as i'm about to say something WHACK! the door and the kids bodyweight smash into the side of the car. mum comes up and says 'oh sorry about that. you naughty girl! dont do that again' and drives off. i was just speechless.

didnt they leave a note or anything?

pics of my ute HERE
Marlin_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 07:26 PM   #4
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Lol, I bet they wont be expecting the bill.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 07:28 PM   #5
Kryton

a bit of advice for the future since its basically your word against theirs (dont expect them to pay either - sorry but thats probably how it will be).
leave a disposable camera (one that has flash and can be used indoors and outside) in your car at ALL times. when things like this happen you can get it out and start snapping EVERYTHING. your door, their door, the markings, the gap between both cars, their rego, where you are and so forth.
when you send the bill off, enclose copies of all the relevent photos to prove that your not trying to rip them out of some $$$.
hopefully you get some financial restitution back for the damage.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 07:32 PM   #6
Twisted
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin_Girl
didnt they leave a note or anything?
Nah matey no note at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davwayl
a bit of advice for the future since its basically your word against theirs (dont expect them to pay either - sorry but thats probably how it will be).
leave a disposable camera (one that has flash and can be used indoors and outside) in your car at ALL times. when things like this happen you can get it out and start snapping EVERYTHING. your door, their door, the markings, the gap between both cars, their rego, where you are and so forth.
when you send the bill off, enclose copies of all the relevent photos to prove that your not trying to rip them out of some $$$.
hopefully you get some financial restitution back for the damage.
Cheers mate thats good advice. Im gonna get down there early tomorrow or if not ill get them tomorrow arvo and take pics of both my car and theirs even though it might be a bit late. I cant show where they were parked but i can show the ding and the paint on their door.

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Old 12-04-2005, 07:34 PM   #7
niko
likes falcon's

bastards huh...worst is keying
Old 12-04-2005, 08:00 PM   #8
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Sorry to hear mate but I think you will have buckley's trying to get them to foot the bill and to go through your insurance company, well you will probably have to pay your basic access which is normally $400+, either way your screwed or should I say we all are as this can happen to anyone of us, it just isn't fair.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 08:09 PM   #9
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i had to be controlled by my girlfriend in a similar incident when a dopey bloke in a relatively new BMW banged his door into my ESP i once owned, he said sorry i didnt see you in there, i thought as soon as this guy walks off i'm gunna bang my door against his (me sitting in my car and using feet to slam my door against his)till theres a whopping dent, then leave a note saying sorry you werent around to appoligise in person. i dont own immac cars for this reason from now on,(i havent ever done this but i was so close that day)
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 08:10 PM   #10
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Sorry to hear dude. It's a pretty low act, I parked well away from other cars at a shopping centre only to come back and find a little ding on the front left guard, and no cars around, no note, nothing.

To have the nerve to just leave the car there is just asking for trouble.

Hit 'em with a sledgehammer I say!
Old 12-04-2005, 08:30 PM   #11
XAGSV8
Member 178

It's people like this that made me buy a 89 pulsar.
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 08:38 PM   #12
Twisted
Contributing Member

I had a big fat lady do the same thing in Darwin but i was in the car at the time. I got out and said "Excuse me, you just hit my car" and she said "So what, go away or ill call the cops. Its just a car get over it". My next action was kicking her door in. She got my number plate and the cops rocked up at my place an hour earlier but it was her word against mine and my mates girlfriend said that I had a go at her for opening her door into my car and she went ballistic and made up the story. Got off that one :P

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Old 12-04-2005, 08:53 PM   #13
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I got into a fight with this bloke for a similar incident, this bitch was having a go at me and then she kicked my door( I was in the XW) so naturally I got out and was right in her face and she kept saying " what are you going to do hit a girl" of course I personally couldn't hit a girl so I called over to her boyfriend who was sitting on his car with his mate's, I said " come on mate get over here and have a go" he didn't budge and his girlfriend was still in my face and the next thing I knew he had come from behind me and grabed me in a lock around my body, so I head butted him and we ended up falling to the ground, a few punches later and some people come over and broke us up and that was it, he jumped in his car and drove off, I made some new found mate's that night, for braking us up, but the one thing I did learn from that night is that from now on, if provoked by a girl like that again or my vehicle get's kicked by a girl I will hit from NOW ON.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 09:09 PM   #14
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I wouldn't hesitate to hit a girl who either hit me or damaged my car on purpose. What, are they allowed to go around acting like tools because they are females? Pffft.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 09:12 PM   #15
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAU
I had a big fat lady do the same thing in Darwin but i was in the car at the time. I got out and said "Excuse me, you just hit my car" and she said "So what, go away or ill call the cops. Its just a car get over it". My next action was kicking her door in. She got my number plate and the cops rocked up at my place an hour earlier but it was her word against mine and my mates girlfriend said that I had a go at her for opening her door into my car and she went ballistic and made up the story. Got off that one :P
Smooth, what a mole.
Man people are selfish. If i hit someone, i'd be mortified!

I came outta work once to find a smear of black paint on the back of my 'cruiser. Didn't really care....didn't leave a dent or anything (steel tray) but woulda been nice to see a note none the less. Must have made a mess of their car though....
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 10:21 PM   #16
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have now got two marks up the side of the wagon ....... Yes she isnt the prettiest of cars ...... but the paint on these two panels were fine .......

I thought they looked like a trolley mark but a mate of mine thinks its a bit more than that ..... a 4wd is the general concensus .......... the marks are at about the same place on both sides ...... who would have thought that would happen all in 1 trip to Sydney in less than a week :(
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2005, 10:32 PM   #17
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I came out from work once to find a scratch on the Near side front duard, and I was peeved. Probably from a shopping trolley, since I work in a shopping centre, but I thought I had parked in a pretty good spot surrounded by other staff cars.

The BA never goes near that carpark. I have free security parking nearby, so I just walk from there. (About 3 mins walk)
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post