Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 20-12-2006, 08:53 PM   #1
penrith_panther
EB II

Thumbs down got ripped off hard ea shock one side eb the other :(

well today would have to be one my worst days :(
went into pedders penrith today for a checkup as i knew i was due for a steering rack and wasnt happy with what i had spent on my suspension so far and what do u know they find an eb strut one side and an ea strut on the other side with the wrong shocker plate and it was just a few mnths ago that i got my shocks and plates done @ kmart tyre & auto...i was wondering why my suspension was so ****d up after spending a shitload on it... also told the pedders guy the guy at kmart said i didnt really need bumpstops and the pedders guy said it's a load of bullocks and how they only said that to avoid warranty on the shocks....this is honestly scary stuff for me cause it's my first car and im only just starting to learn the ups n downs of having one....i just hope kmart can rectify this matter for free with no fuss,,,they have wasted my time and money and it's really slack how they didn't advise me properly on the bump stops as i would have got them done if told i needed them....it's a shame christmas is coming up too cause im sure itll be a pain the *** trying 2 squeeze in an appointment :(

It seems the moral of the story is:
a) it sux 2 b me
b) go for pedders even though they cost more atleast you get quality advice and quality parts

penrith_panther is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2006, 09:55 PM   #2
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Hi i feel your pain bro but K mart is only for buying Hot Wheels cars, not fixing the real thing. Only trust reputed Retailers when it comes to your car. Its sad that shoddy places prey on guys just starting out and wanting to learn, but they are out there. BEWARE THE SHOD SHOP.
Old 20-12-2006, 09:57 PM   #3
penrith_panther
EB II

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAadam
Hi i feel your pain bro but K mart is only for buying Hot Wheels cars, not fixing the real thing. Only trust reputed Retailers when it comes to your car. Its sad that shoddy places prey on guys just starting out and wanting to learn, but they are out there. BEWARE THE SHOD SHOP.
fair point fair point...thanks mate fingers crossed they sort this one out with no dramas
Old 20-12-2006, 10:08 PM   #4
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I'm probably missing the point, but EA and EB struts are the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2006, 10:13 PM   #5
penrith_panther
EB II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
mine's a 1993 EB II by the way...aren't the EB II's and ED's different to the EA-EB? Not sure but yeh the guy seemed honest he showed me this computer diagram and stuff comparing the good eb shock and the *uck** up EA shock and he said the EA one is soft
Old 20-12-2006, 10:29 PM   #6
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by penrith_panther
mine's a 1993 EB II by the way...aren't the EB II's and ED's different to the EA-EB? Not sure but yeh the guy seemed honest he showed me this computer diagram and stuff comparing the good eb shock and the *uck** up EA shock and he said the EA one is soft
Ah ok, yeah I was thinking your car was an EA for some reason. I guess they probably have different stiffness ratings and such. I've found the guys at my nearest Pedders to be really helpful as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2006, 10:43 PM   #7
penrith_panther
EB II

Quote:
Ah ok, yeah I was thinking your car was an EA for some reason. I guess they probably have different stiffness ratings and such. I've found the guys at my nearest Pedders to be really helpful as well.
yeh the three pedders places near my area hav all been awesome 2 me so far...a shame i took the punt and went for cheapness over quality...u can tell they (pedders) don't beat around the bush....they definitely stick to their slogan "NO BULL"
Old 20-12-2006, 11:44 PM   #8
efgiar
rofl copter

pedders are really good guys they know thier shyte. take it back to them and see what they can do, make a fuss and they should do it no worries. if not i would look at doing it yourself, im sure there will be people around your area who are willing to help who has enough knowledge to do so

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2006, 11:52 PM   #9
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
They are. Someone find me a different part number for EA and EB shocks.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 12:03 AM   #10
niko
likes falcon's

not all some had provision for abs (little clip holder), but other than that ea-el are the same
Old 21-12-2006, 12:05 AM   #11
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Yes, he's whinging about the fact one side has the ABS clip :rolleyes:
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 12:48 AM   #12
niko
likes falcon's

dude who cares what they are as long as the car is firmer/safer ride than before...lol

if it worries you that much spray them with a can, same colour both sides hahaha
Old 21-12-2006, 02:38 AM   #13
penrith_panther
EB II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
They are. Someone find me a different part number for EA and EB shocks.
yeh you're right the part numbers are 35-0191 for ea eb ed so now i dont get why the pedders guy is telling me i got an ea shock when really they are the same? now im totally confused lol...even if the eb one came with an abs clip or something why do they have the same part number on the monroe website? he was telling me there was an ea shock plate too? does anyone know the part numbers for these on an EB II? are they the same for an EA as well? lol lucky i haven't complained yet best i find out the full info first...thanks for your input psycho chicken...by the way does anyone know if the mechanic (by MTA standards or whatever) has to put in bump stops when putting in shocks? Assuming the bumpstops weren't there in the first place that is...
Old 21-12-2006, 08:33 AM   #14
LTDHO
The one and only

WTF would you go to a department store to get youe suspension done???

Do you buy your performance parts from a milk bars?

With cars, you need to go to people who know thier stuff, not general purpose people.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 09:22 AM   #15
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO

With cars, you need to go to people who know thier stuff, not general purpose people.
Maybe not in this case ??
But some people want the cheapest job possible and then complain when it is not top quality.

Why would it be cheaper if it was the same quality?

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 12:28 PM   #16
penrith_panther
EB II

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO

well i just thought i'd give kmart a go cause they do claim they do suspension and have the 12mnth warranty on labor and all that bs etc etc plus they r really close by so i thought i'd give em a try...i bought the parts off a victorian powerseller from ebay onlineperformance (www.onautos.com.au)...not a milk bar
Old 21-12-2006, 12:29 PM   #17
penrith_panther
EB II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Maybe not in this case ??
But some people want the cheapest job possible and then complain when it is not top quality.

Why would it be cheaper if it was the same quality?
well now i've learnt i'm better off to pay more for quality
Old 22-12-2006, 01:43 AM   #18
penrith_panther
EB II

CORRECTION: It was the strut mounts that were different ie one eb one ea not the actual strut itself...strut mount is another name for a strut plate i assume?...phew cause kmart supplied and fitted the shock plates so i definitely have a case when i complain 2 em 2morrow...problem is it seems the shock with the ****** up plate/mount is the one that has gone soft so i sure as hell hope they fix that!!!
Old 22-12-2006, 05:02 AM   #19
fmc351
let it burn

You bought the shocks from ebay?

Have to be careful with ebay, a lot of stuff is factory seconds, really old stock etc. One shock might be stuffed because it was a dud.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2006, 02:49 PM   #20
penrith_panther
EB II

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
You bought the shocks from ebay?

Have to be careful with ebay, a lot of stuff is factory seconds, really old stock etc. One shock might be stuffed because it was a dud.
really? i hope not they were from a well known power seller with thousands of positive feedbacks and came with tax invoice & warranty etc...im pretty sure the 1 shock that is stuffed is from the side that has the ea plate on it though i guess im not 100% sure about that
Old 22-12-2006, 03:39 PM   #21
gngtho
Banned

mate this is not the first time they have been stuffing people around for ages,

one of my mates back in 1999 had a swift gti, and he took it to k-fake mechanicks to do his front end, as he had just spent $$$$$$ on paint engine turbs and other go fast bits, took it there to save some $$$$$ and as soon as he drove it out of the place the hole front end found it self half eay under the car, i know this as i was in the damn thing, we suied them for endangering lives...........................WE WON
gngtho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2006, 03:57 PM   #22
penrith_panther
EB II

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngtho
mate this is not the first time they have been stuffing people around for ages,

one of my mates back in 1999 had a swift gti, and he took it to k-fake mechanicks to do his front end, as he had just spent $$$$$$ on paint engine turbs and other go fast bits, took it there to save some $$$$$ and as soon as he drove it out of the place the hole front end found it self half eay under the car, i know this as i was in the damn thing, we suied them for endangering lives...........................WE WON
haha nice work it would have been a good feeling winning a case like that....having said that you'd expect them to have half a brain i mean aren't they all meant to be qualified under MTA or something?
Old 23-12-2006, 10:58 AM   #23
gngtho
Banned

hahahaha mate i reckon the should be, but to me it seems like they are hired because they have lied on there cv, but as i said this is k-crap we talking about they don't sell decent toys anymore, so from now on promise me something................................
.................................................. .................................................. ..............
............................NEVER GO THERE TO GET YOUR CAR FIXED OR EVEN LOOKED AT................................................ .................................................. .............
Old 24-12-2006, 02:17 AM   #24
penrith_panther
EB II

Quote:
Originally Posted by gngtho
hahahaha mate i reckon the should be, but to me it seems like they are hired because they have lied on there cv, but as i said this is k-crap we talking about they don't sell decent toys anymore, so from now on promise me something................................
.................................................. .................................................. ..............
............................NEVER GO THERE TO GET YOUR CAR FIXED OR EVEN LOOKED AT................................................ .................................................. .............
lols trust me i wont be going anywhere near there once i get this issue rectified
Old 24-12-2006, 03:04 AM   #25
89 S-PACK

my sister tried to get a rwc at k-shod once...... they knocked it back cos it had a towbar!!! she didnt go back there again this was in 1999 i think

but i had to get tyres done by them aswell (no one else could do it and i been canaried for bald tyres) and they damaged the wood steering wheel on my datsun when they did the wheel alignment.... they paid up cos the wheel alignment tool was missing one of it guards and it was their fault this was in 2002

02 (VX) Holden Commodore Equipe series 2 S/wagon.
Manual, Lsd, Catback, Svsi lpg.
still a nice reliable upgrade from the old magna..
89 S-PACK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2006, 01:01 PM   #26
penrith_panther
EB II

yeh pretty much gave it back 2 kmart today ..different manager served me...seemed very surprised at my story and he said not to worry cause the district manager is coming in to check out the place today or tomorrow and he said my car should be right to get picked up 2morrow...he also admitted bumpstops r a must with shocks when i told him the other manager told me i didnt need em and he said he'll get the other manager to give me a call as well...what about im not sure...if it's an apology well i dont need one all i want is my car back in tip top shape =) fingers crossed it all goes well...only time will tell

cheers
Old 27-12-2006, 03:44 PM   #27
gngtho
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by penrith_panther
lols trust me i wont be going anywhere near there once i get this issue rectified
good mate i hope you get your car back in proper condition.

good luck