Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-12-2006, 05:49 PM   #1
honer
Back to N/A land

Default Passenger side airbag conversion complete

So I had a PAB dash laying around that I wanted to drop into the XR8, however it was one of those "Next weekend, when I get time, too busy, can't be bothered" type of jobs.

So I got tonsillites as an early Christmas present and slept all day.. Ended up starting it about 12am during the week (Yay for Holidays)

All in all was not such a hard job. I've heard some horror stories about pulling out the dash of these things, but I didn't let that worry me. The new dash had a few brackets up to the top of the dash broken, so Dad made me some new ones and reinforced with a steel brace to prevent anymore cracking.

Reinforced pedal box while I was there.

Wiring was easy. I took my time and got everything neat and tidy.

Dash is pretty heavy and awkward to maneuver so my advice is to ask for help there. I did it myself and nearly it nearly killed me lol.

Just need a glove box that has the XR8 emblem in it now.

I have some crappy pics (Camera went flat half way through so I didn't managed to record all the stages) but I can post if anyone wants.

honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 08:35 PM   #2
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Would be good if you had some pics of this mate?

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 09:55 PM   #3
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Have you tried it to see if the airbag works properly yet?
BENT_8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 10:05 PM   #4
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pics would be great..
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 10:19 PM   #5
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

arnt airbags a once only thing?

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2006, 10:27 PM   #6
honer
Back to N/A land

Tried out the airbags ? You mean crash my car into a pole to see if they deploy ?? No, I havn't.

However, the no codes have been thrown. There is no difference between PAB and Non PAB cars. All the wiring is there, the only difference is Non PAB cars have a terminator where the airbag plugs in to tell it there is only 1 airbag, you just remove this and plug in the airbag (battery disconnected of course)

Will post a few pics up for those interested, sorry guys I didn't get too many, because of the camera dieing :(
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post