Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-12-2006, 12:58 PM   #1
falcXF 2 Fiesta
Starter Motor

Talking My Baby is in OZ

I just got a call from my guy at Ford and my car is here so I just need to go in and sign the Rego papers and we take it from there, Christmas has come early :eclipsee_ and it looks like it'll be a happy New Year :

falcXF 2 Fiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 03:27 PM   #2
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcXF 2 Fiesta
I just got a call from my guy at Ford and my car is here so I just need to go in and sign the Rego papers and we take it from there, Christmas has come early :eclipsee_ and it looks like it'll be a happy New Year :
Nice one........going to be a merry xmas after all for you, dont have to wait till next year for delivery, gotta be pleased with that, good luck with the new car, sure you'll love it.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 03:30 PM   #3
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Congradulations matey.....should have a very MERRY christmas indeed.......dont forget first 100 k take it easy. then after that fang it like no tommorow.......for about another 200 k,.....then just drive normally.....and sheel be right......

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 04:00 PM   #4
falcXF 2 Fiesta
Starter Motor

cheers buddys I can truly say I'm very pleased to be getting it finally, been wanting one since I heard about the pre-facelift models in 04
Old 12-12-2006, 04:19 PM   #5
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Isn't it a Black one ya getting?
they look really nice with the red cloth inserts in the seats that come on the Zetec, all ya have to do now is get some Dark Tint and King Springs and she'll really look the biz, you'll be rapped mate.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 05:03 PM   #6
Als_Zetec
Rated G

great stuff - you won't know what's happened to you!

congrats and happy driving!
Als_Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 05:04 PM   #7
Als_Zetec
Rated G

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
dont forget first 100 k take it easy. then after that fang it like no tommorow.......for about another 200 k,.....then just drive normally

Uhh interesting theory.. where'd you come up with that one? Surely you're not serious!
Als_Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 09:18 PM   #8
ATSEIF DROF

I agree Als, thats a good way to root a motor, dunno about running it in!?!?
ATSEIF DROF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 09:45 PM   #9
falcXF 2 Fiesta
Starter Motor

So it's a good idea - to not do that ^^
Old 13-12-2006, 07:42 PM   #10
photn
AFF Post NAZI

lol you guys will find alot of different ways to run the motor in or hear about them....ppl will state to do what i posted above or just take it easy for the first 1000 km....

apparently with the fanging it sets the engine for the best possible "tune" or sumthing rather like that....its like strechting before you run a 20 k marrathon. if you dont you might run the risk of pulling muslce oe sumthing ware as if you do you wont sorta thing.....all depends on the style of driving you will be doing......but anyway....im sure some one else on here can give a more detailed and scientific explanation on the ways to break an engine in....

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 08:46 PM   #11
ATSEIF DROF

To be fair, engines in this day & age dont really need 'running in' as they once did but I have always leaned towards the conservative line of taking it reasonably easy for the first 1000k's, definately wouldn't redline it, but you can give it a decent shove every now & then, after that go for your life :-)
Old 22-12-2006, 09:37 PM   #12
ATSEIF DROF

Hey Falc,

Have you got ur Zetec yet mate???
Old 23-12-2006, 12:49 PM   #13
falcXF 2 Fiesta
Starter Motor

yep, I've been getting to know her a little better, she's a different beast to my old XF.. as I thought black is a pain to keep clean : -( but it's definately worth it, looks the biz.

do you other Zetec owners notice a lot of brake dust build up on the fronts? I'm just concerned because it seems like a lot.

also I don't really like the grey colour on the dash I think it looks tacky? anyone else think that?

Atseif - have you got yours? how's she look with the spoiler? I'm thinking about getting one.

for those who have changed the springs on their cars, did this void your warranty? also why did you change, was it mainly to lower the car? I think only the back is a little too high, but not by much... the main thing I want to know is how do you find the cars handle bumps/potholes with the different suspension? I just find mine (all stock) doesn't like the bumps in the road around Darwin?

last in the long line of questions at about what speed/rev count do you change gears? I guess I'm just used to my 4-speed manual XF which I would have in 4th doing 70 at about 2500 revs whereas doing 70 in 4th with the fez is about 3000
Old 23-12-2006, 12:56 PM   #14
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcXF 2 Fiesta

do you other Zetec owners notice a lot of brake dust build up on the fronts? I'm just concerned because it seems like a lot.

My Mum just bought a 2006 WQ LX 5 door two weeks ago in Tango its been washed twice since she picked it up as the dealer through in free weekly washes for 52 weeks. But I noticed a couple times b4 she had it washed there is a quite a bit of build of brake dust on front wheels. I was thinking it must be pad type or coz its settling in she has done about 700km in the two weeks.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).

Last edited by MoreHPformyXR6; 23-12-2006 at 01:50 PM.
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2006, 02:37 PM   #15
Sonia

I've had my WP for just over a year, and there is a heap of brake dust. Must be the type of breaks as I don't think they're still settling in :P
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2006, 03:03 PM   #16
falcXF 2 Fiesta
Starter Motor

yea I've done a little under 500 and it's the second time I have washed it (been about a week and a bit since the last wash) and there was heaps of brake dust, it just brings the look of the alloys down a bit - ohwell can't be helped really
Old 23-12-2006, 03:13 PM   #17
BlackLS

With the brakes, wash them with a seperate bucket with 1 cup of wash and wax to the bucket of water.. I've seen a massive reduction in brake dust on the Focus.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2006, 03:14 PM   #18
BlackLS

With the brakes, wash them with a seperate bucket with 1 cup of Wash and Wax to the bucket of water. I've seen a massive reduction in brake dust on the Focus doing it this way.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2006, 03:51 PM   #19
falcXF 2 Fiesta
Starter Motor

so your saying wash the actual brakes (behind the wheel) as opposed to just the wheel?
Old 23-12-2006, 05:44 PM   #20
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Brake dust build-up is inevitable with the stock brake pads no matter how many kms your Fiesta has done. Obviously you can reduce the build-up by drifing the car real soft.

OR get aftermarket pads.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post