Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 30-11-2006, 04:19 PM   #61
sarrge2001
SZII in Silhouette

Driving in country Vic....... coming up behind a truck carrying horses, part of the roof of the truck (big sheet of tin about 10 ft x 4 ft) blew off and landed flat on the road in front of the car.........truck just kept on going.

Problem was, as we went to drive over it, the wind caught it and stood it up on its edge and we drove into it.

Went to the local constabulary to report it..............

"Yes officer, i'd like to report an accident"
Licks pencil......."certainly son, what happened?"
"We ran into the roof of a truck...."
Silence
"you boys been drinking?"

Could have been worse though - if we had been closer it would have come in sideways through the windscreen at 100kmh...........

Strangers have the best candy.......
sarrge2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2006, 09:50 PM   #62
JiShWa

I was at my mates 18th and i wanted to go home so i said bye and they all came out to fare me well etc, when i turned the key to start my EB XR8...nothing...whirrr...nothing, nothing nothing. He determine dit was the starter motor. A few of the holden lovers just fell over laughing. I ended up calling RACQ when he came he got the car up there on the tilt truck easy enough, but getting the car down off the dodgy truck RACQ provided this guy was a different story.

My car was so low that it couldnt get down, no matter how much he adjusted the tilt. The front bar scraped along the ground (lucky for me it is already broken cuz last guy that had it bottomed out at the maccas drive thru, so i told him just to let it roll). It all seemed to go okay but then i hear "crrrgrrrr" and a "brake! brake!" form the racq guy. By then it was ****ing rain and my car had just scraped its *** end (towbar mainly) down the truck. We eventually had to take action cause my back wheels were off the ground, and only held up by my townbar mountings, and the fornt end of my car, basically it was sitting as if someone was holding it on the front and rear bumper in mid air (no kidding).

The action we took was jackign it up on both sides so we could move the truck out, and then lower the jacks slowly. this didnt work cause the car slid on the wet and slippery truck tilt tray, and the jack on the rigth hand side rear bent and my car slid about 30cm, and was rescued by my tyre catching the rail of the truck. We finalyl got it off, and decied that flat towing it woud have been better.

in the 3months ive had this car ive replaced a radiator, a battery, brake pads (that went aobut a week ago while i was driving in cairns, lucky the kmart mechanic was open!) and now i need a starter motor or whatever it is that is stopping it.

This all happened 2 days ago by the way, so my car is still off the road, at the mechanics now though, and i have a job interview next wednesday (a job ive been chasing for a long time!) and no damn way to get down to cairns to have the interview.

My god what a series of events. The car hadnt been driven for about 6 months very seriously (about 1200kms in the 6 months). The radiator, battery and brakes were things that just come fro mthat i guess, so my car isnt doing to bad i spose! lol.....

Still copping ford jokes, and will be for a few weeks yet cause of the starter motor incident!
JiShWa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post