Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-11-2006, 02:59 PM   #1
havoc19
Banned

Question Advice On Ef Xr6

I have been offered a gunmetal grey xr6 for $6000 bucks now the exterior and interior are immaculate except for some missing ticky badges which is cheap. However the engine and trans have both done 260,000kms!! also the car pulls to the left not sure what could cause that? and the engine seems pretty gutless for what it should be but i get that its an old motor. My question is should i get it anyway just because the body and interior are immaculate and just drive the engine and trans till they fail whenever that could be? Also anything else known to fail on these cars after alot of usage?whats ppls thoughts on this matter.

havoc19 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #2
mUTHA
DALLY 41

6K FOR AN EF XR6

go for it son
pulling left get a wheel alignment
tranny and otor on the way out? means upgdar/rebuild mwahahaha
if the rest is immaculate id go for it aye

www.perthfalcons.com
mUTHA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 03:50 PM   #3
poomba
xc - my other love

i'm not quite as for it us mUTHA...

6k is cheap, but if it's clapped out thats why...

you will only be paying for it because it's an xr6... you can buy a futura for half that, and spend the extra 3 to make it go twice as hard as the xr6...

all depends what you value, and what you want out of it... if it's power you want, you'll end up replacing half of it anyway... if it's a tickford you want, then go for it...

my two cents anyway...

apparently pretty fast - 400rwkw BF xr6t!

FG F6 bottom end - GTX3582 - Nizpro 4" exhaust - Nizpro cooler - plazmaman intake - piping - plenum - batt relocation - injectors - surge &044 pump - valve work & valve springs - XCAL
poomba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 03:53 PM   #4
EA2BA
PM me if you want

i am with poomba on this one, frame could be bent, motor sounds revved to buggery, i think it has been hooned once to many times, personally i say steer clear. But hey its your money, but it if you want it, just please get an inspection done by racv, nrma, what ever adelaide have.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2006, 06:20 PM   #5
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yea, i would probably pass on it too... its only the looks, and maybe a slightly better motor... but the motor doesnt count, cuz its cactus...