Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-11-2006, 04:21 AM   #1
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 
Smile impressive EA Ghia

some may call this a pointless thread, but yet again here is another blatant example of clueless people selling cars. the ad is for an 1988 ea ghia, which claims to have ABS & an airbag. Now imagine someone bought this car on that premise, looking for safety features on a budget, then finds out later (maybe in a bad way) that these features don't exist. you can get yourself in all sorts of crap selling things as something they're not, i can't believe it still happens so much these days.

http://search.carsguide.news.com.au/...&vehicleType=1

also, this one's another unique EA, and i quote... "This 1990 Ford Fairlane EA sedan is in good condition..."

http://search.carsguide.news.com.au/...&vehicleType=3

Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2006, 01:05 PM   #2
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

its horrible. they must know that they dont have these features, but yet they still put them on there.
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2006, 07:26 PM   #3
XR_Lightning
Riding The Lightning

idiots! the first one also says it has central locking, did 88' EA's even have central locking?
Old 19-11-2006, 07:27 PM   #4
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB_Lightning
idiots! the first one also says it has central locking, did 88' EA's even have central locking?
yep they did, the ghia's anyway.
Old 19-11-2006, 07:30 PM   #5
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Who cares? People make these sort of mistakes in car ads all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2006, 07:32 PM   #6
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
you wanna fight ash ?

the point is if you're going to sell something, you should take the time and have the consideration to advertise it as what it actually is, otherwise many problems can arise.
Old 19-11-2006, 07:38 PM   #7
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
Exactly. We'd be here all day if we nit picked every ad.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2006, 07:41 PM   #8
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcrackers
you wanna fight ash ?

the point is if you're going to sell something, you should take the time and have the consideration to advertise it as what it actually is, otherwise many problems can arise.
True, but if you're going to buy a car you should take the time to do a little research on it. Five minutes browsing the net would reveal that EAs never came out with said features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2006, 08:50 PM   #9
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

It isn't good to see that salesman are putting in false info. It is always happening in ads everywhere and maybe they shouldn't be selling cars. I do understand ur point but as an e series owner we should know what feature they have anyway. EA ghia was the only ones to came with central locking. Definately no air bags lol. It is just unfortinately that they are doing it but it cant be helped
Blueprint, 19" FG2 XR6 Luxo Rims, Momo Steering Wheel, XR8 Bonnet Buldge, Full Leather, 3.7 Typhoon Diff Gears, Force Lip Spoiler, De-badged, Ghia Boot Garnish, Pedders Adjustable Coil- Overs And Camber Kit

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)
Gunmetal Grey, 19" Typhoon Copies, Tickford Body Kit, Pedders Sports Ryders With Shortened Shocks And Camber Kit, Full S/S Difilipo Exhaust With Matching Extractors

mark_TD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #10
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_TD
It isn't good to see that salesman are putting in false info. It is always happening in ads everywhere and maybe they shouldn't be selling cars. I do understand ur point but as an e series owner we should know what feature they have anyway. EA ghia was the only ones to came with central locking. Definately no air bags lol. It is just unfortinately that they are doing it but it cant be helped
yeah, WE all know, being ford crazy. i'm talking about joe nobody who goes and buys one, impales himself on a power pole, then it's discovered it DIDN'T have airbags, etc etc. Family could file a law suit with no problem at all That's all i was hinting at, it can come back to bite you.
Old 20-11-2006, 12:20 AM   #11
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd say it's just a general description they use in all their ads. Probably write the same thing for every car they sell :S
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 01:53 AM   #12
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

well what about this one..

a few days ago my dad was reading a magazine he'd picked up recently (i won't name names) and noticed an ad for some demo VE's that were being run out. According to the ad, the VE SS has a 6 litre v8 that pumps out a pretty impressive 20kw of pure muscle.

Just think about that, 3.33kw per litre! ahhh bring it on!!

click the thumbnail for scan of ad

{for those who don't know, they forgot the "3", it should be "320kw")
Old 20-11-2006, 07:52 AM   #13
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:

a few days ago my dad was reading a magazine he'd picked up recently (i won't name names) and noticed an ad for some demo VE's that were being run out. According to the ad, the VE SS has a 6 litre v8 that pumps out a pretty impressive 20kw of pure muscle.

That's a VZ

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 09:21 AM   #14
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB_Lightning
Sure did, as said the GHIA did, my car was/si an EA series 1, 3 speed auto, factory - Central locking, remote fuel cap, remote boot release, electric mirrors, electric widows (all 4), MPFI, cruise control ....... so there

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #15
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

You are right, it's ridiculous that people do that: however it is against the law - false advertising.

I dont believe that everyone would do it on purpose, however if you're stupid enough to believe everything someone tells you when they're trying to sell you something - you're the fool!

Regardless of how much you know about cars, you should research it all first and make sure what you're being told is the truth. Take it to a mechanics and get them to go over all of it.

Yay for another pointless thread. :/
Old 20-11-2006, 11:53 AM   #16
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

Quote:

I assume your joking, 320kw! They left the 6 out the middle should be 260kw

Sorry just being picky :the_finge

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 11:59 AM   #17
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

I've been on jury for someone selling cars with false advertising.
We convicted them on every count we were allowed by the Judge.

Example: Saying car had air conditioning. Well it had air conditioning but the compressor was in the boot and not fitted. He only let potential buyers drive the car at night when it was cool to prove the air was cold.

Don't worry its legal for me to tell this because the case was ages ago and the sentence carried out immediately. Once the case was over your allowed to talk about it (thats what the DPP told me)
Old 20-11-2006, 01:13 PM   #18
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
That's a VZ
i think you missed the point

Last edited by Professor Farnsworth; 20-11-2006 at 01:24 PM.
Old 20-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #19
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordGirl
Bingo.

Buying a 2nd hand car? Buyer Beware

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #20
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
You are right, it's ridiculous that people do that: however it is against the law - false advertising.
.......that's what i said
Quote:
Regardless of how much you know about cars, you should research it all first and make sure what you're being told is the truth. Take it to a mechanics and get them to go over all of it.
and yes that's correct, and that's what i do before buying ANYTHING. Not everyone thinks in that manner though, so it's the duty of sellers to advertise it as what it actually is. You have to cater to the lowest common denominator.

Quote:
why ? i find this more constructive than people asking if they should buy an r33, or wanting to know what ea would beat a vn in a street drag etc etc
:
Old 20-11-2006, 01:22 PM   #21
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowEFGLi
I've been on jury for someone selling cars with false advertising.
We convicted them on every count we were allowed by the Judge.

Example: Saying car had air conditioning. Well it had air conditioning but the compressor was in the boot and not fitted. He only let potential buyers drive the car at night when it was cool to prove the air was cold.

Don't worry its legal for me to tell this because the case was ages ago and the sentence carried out immediately. Once the case was over your allowed to talk about it (thats what the DPP told me)
lol!! interesting stuff.
Old 20-11-2006, 01:28 PM   #22
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

It could have possibily have ABS as Ford did have kits available to retrofit ABS to such cars when they first made it available. The same might also apply to steering wheel airbags. So possible but yes unlikley.
Old 20-11-2006, 01:30 PM   #23
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue
It could have possibily have ABS as Ford did have kits available to retrofit ABS to such cars when they first made it available. The same might also apply to steering wheel airbags. So possible but yes unlikley.
are you the dude with the NB Fairlane ?
Old 20-11-2006, 01:51 PM   #24
Tiga_EL
Banned

Quote:
:

And i suppose its ok to post pointless comments about how pointless the thread is. Coz that proves a point.
Tiga_EL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 03:15 PM   #25
FordGirl
The Goodz' PR Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiga_EL
:

And i suppose its ok to post pointless comments about how pointless the thread is. Coz that proves a point.
Apparently so, as you've just done it.

My comment was on the tail-end of a constructive post, unlike your dribble.

Unfortunately, buying a car is scary business. You have to be very, very careful and get everything checked over. If you buy a car with airbags, have an accident and find out there was no airbags then you're the fool for not getting them checked out prior to purchasing the car.

There are dodgy people in this world who do dodgy things, it isn't legal but how many cars on these forums are? People will do it regardless, if you get stooged because you didn't follow the correct steps prior to purchasing a car than its your own fault.

Having said all this, it doesn't mean I agree with it... but s h*t happens!
Old 20-11-2006, 04:16 PM   #26
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
i think you missed the point
No I didn't. They made a mistake by accidentally missing a number. You made a mistake by calling it a VE when it clearly isn't. Everyone make mistakes. Saying the EA Ghia has an airbag is definately not a typo, that's someone not knowing their facts, but to miss a number is simply a typo. I wouldn't criticise the VZ ad too much, but I'm fine with criticising the EA one. Plus the VZ SS has 260kW, not 320, so they were missing the 6

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake

Last edited by Dezza; 20-11-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 05:13 PM   #27
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

lol as i said you missed the point. i'll show you a copy of the full ad at the next meet, then you'll understand.

anyway this was a light hearted spinoff topic from the original post, you people need to relax.