Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-02-2006, 04:32 PM   #1
EAman
Ea 1990 with ef head

Question why has my ea startet to idle rough???

she was running smoth the all of u sudden 2500ks after oil change she has tappit rattle and all that to was it the oil i used i have sworn by magnatech or what ever the speling is since i got my 1st car wich was sv21 rice burning cammry since then i have used it in a astra, xd monty ghia, vl auto dual fuel, r31 shyline 5sp, and im having this prob only now..

car stats as follows ea 1990 falcon ef head, duel fuel replaced the plugs 15000ks ago with ef gas plugs since she basikly runs lpg most of the time also was wounderin if one of you chaps know about custom cold air intake im happy to go rip the snorkle of and top of box as im not sure what sorta intake it has wether its a ef or ea.. will post pics if some one can tell from looking at them let me no then i will dont want to waste time taking pic if its not going to help :monkes:

EAman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 04:55 PM   #2
64compact

it sounds like it has sucked in the inlet manifold gasket on no 5 & 6 cylinder, time for a new gasket
64compact is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 05:02 PM   #3
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

also as the car gets older, i think its better to go a thicker oil, castrol gtx2 is the best for ea,eb

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 05:17 PM   #4
EAman
Ea 1990 with ef head

hang in there people im setting up a little bit of space on the website were im a webmaster to dump my pics so you can see the inlet and all that there and a timing light i swaped for a set of 4inch expload covers as mine fit in the door was it a good deal is my qustion cause im to dumb to know how to get it to work can someone help there to!!! please
Old 18-02-2006, 05:18 PM   #5
EAman
Ea 1990 with ef head

what about flushing the system with desil someone told me this might get the rattles to go???
Old 19-02-2006, 12:57 AM   #6
EAman
Ea 1990 with ef head

@#$%ing :
Old 13-03-2006, 09:07 PM   #7
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Under the bonnet, trying to keep as clean as above!

yeah if its the e/a,b,d box i can help ya with the cold air intake
EB Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 03:26 PM   #8
mark_TD
XR6 Turbo FTW

Victoria in the west suburbs for 22yrs lol (swamp lands)
Blueprint, 19" FG2 XR6 Luxo Rims, Momo Steering Wheel, XR8 Bonnet Buldge, Full Leather, 3.7 Typhoon Diff Gears, Force Lip Spoiler, De-badged, Ghia Boot Garnish, Pedders Adjustable Coil- Overs And Camber Kit

96 EL XR6 - (Daily)
Gunmetal Grey, 19" Typhoon Copies, Tickford Body Kit, Pedders Sports Ryders With Shortened Shocks And Camber Kit, Full S/S Difilipo Exhaust With Matching Extractors

mark_TD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post