Thread: new mondeo
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 09:59 AM   #72
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared79
This is to everyone that has one, what I am trying to find out is if I plug my iPod into the AUX port, can I control the tracks or pause with the HMI. I can't find anything about it anywhere. It's seems silly that I have to put my iPod into the glove box and thats it. If I want to change something I have to pull over and take it out of the glove box.

Can anyone shed light on this. And Dusty1, congrats mate. Let us know how it goes.
In the Ford demo I've got at the moment, all the iPod socket does is act as an aux input. You still need to use the control on the iPod to change songs etc. They sell a cable for it through the dealers, but I got one from an hi-fi store for about $7. All it is is a lead with a male plug on either end. Nothing too fancy. If you get it long enough, it is best to leave the iPod outside the glove box near where the seat heaters are. Also, I found the volume on the stereo needed to be right up too, as there wasn't a lot of sound coming out of the iPod at 60-70% of volume. I actually found my iTrip tuned to 99.9 FM gave a better sound than the aux input.

On my Mondeo, it should be ready today, or tomorrow. I purchased the leather protection as an option, so that should take a day or so. The dealer is also most likely going to throw in the iPod cable (fat lot of good that will do), a tow bar, bonnet protector and rear scuff thing to go over the rear bumper when the hatch is up. I've already found that I need to get up to the bumper in order to get anything out of the hatch, so this is one accessory anyone buying the hatch should look into. http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/ContentServer?cid=1178823559055&pagename=FOA%2FDFY Page%2FDefault1024&c=DFYPage
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote