Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 26-07-2006, 08:58 PM   #61
BlueXr8

wat a dick he was always going to beat the gt why waste ur time, money and life/lives i saw this car going down stud road the other day so so sad
Old 26-07-2006, 08:59 PM   #62
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

A pretty long race too...l12.45.....1.00PM, that Ferrari and Falcon would have been covering ground pretty quickly. Needless to say, there SHOULD be a lot of witnesses...
Old 26-07-2006, 09:01 PM   #63
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueXr8
wat a dick he was always going to beat the gt why waste ur time, money and life/lives i saw this car going down stud road the other day so so sad

A modified GT probably wouldn't be all that far behind the Ferarri champ
Old 26-07-2006, 09:07 PM   #64
Rob
Living the dream

Stupid to do those speeds in a suburban/rural area anyway... I'm all for high performance cars, and racing, and drags, but jeez, some people need a good head kicking for driving the way they do in populated areas. The anti-hoon brigade have a valid point in that 200kph on a suburban public road is *** stupid. Fair enough 150kph on something like the Hume, but lilydale.. please.
Old 26-07-2006, 09:19 PM   #65
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

The guy killed was Paul Estcourt and his friend, i dont know her name.
He was a successful earthmoving contractor, with a lot of excavators, 6 wheel artic dumpers, dozers and a magnificent Kenworth T904 low loader set up.
He was self made and started with nothing, i knew him from delivering quarry products to his jobs.
Lots of my mates knew him, he is well regarded by many.

He lived hard and fast and sadly died hard and fast.

R.I.P Paul
Old 26-07-2006, 09:23 PM   #66
rodderz

I have seen that name on Exacavators around Cam, all over Melbourne at roadwork and devleopment sites

Pity, sad way to go
Old 26-07-2006, 09:29 PM   #67
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
The guy killed was Paul Estcourt and his friend, i dont know her name.
He was a successful earthmoving contractor, with a lot of excavators, 6 wheel artic dumpers, dozers and a magnificent Kenworth T904 low loader set up.
He was self made and started with nothing, i knew him from delivering quarry products to his jobs.
Lots of my mates knew him, he is well regarded by many.

He lived hard and fast and sadly died hard and fast.

R.I.P Paul
A sad loss but atleast he died doing something he loved...having said that, i would have kicked the passenger out first.
Old 26-07-2006, 09:31 PM   #68
Rob
Living the dream

Well, regardless of the circumstances, nobody deserves that. RIP.
Old 26-07-2006, 09:55 PM   #69
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
A sad loss but atleast he died doing something he loved...having said that, i would have kicked the passenger out first.
He must have been trying to impress the young lady.

FF
Old 26-07-2006, 10:00 PM   #70
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

yeah saw it on the news before, thats crap, Im not to phased about the driver but I wonder what options the passenger had.

It was a fair mess, RIP.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 26-07-2006, 10:11 PM   #71
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
Ran out of talent?
and ran into a tree .......only the seat left every thing else smashed to little pieces
Old 26-07-2006, 10:14 PM   #72
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Just read that bombers thread, the collywobble site going down is interesting to say the least.

They also crapped on about the ford driver being up for manslaughter....can someone explain how this could be true? Thats a bit harsh if that can happen.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 26-07-2006, 10:19 PM   #73
xc 460

The Cops just came around to my old mans house because he has a silver pursuit with orange stripes, so they are obviously keen to try and track the GT driver down. The crash was about 2kms from my house.
Old 26-07-2006, 10:20 PM   #74
HTCURRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
He must have been trying to impress the young lady.

FF
Very sad news for two families.

And as far as impressing the lady...I kinda doubt it...the bloke after all did own the Ferrari.
Old 26-07-2006, 10:21 PM   #75
bArNsY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Ford GT driver will be charged at least for Vehicular Manslaughter:
"To cause someone else's death because of illegal driving of a motor vehicle. This crime can include gross negligence, drunk or reckless driving or speeding."
2004 BA MkII XR6 Turbo

2009 G6E Turbo (277.2rwkw @ Tuned at Bullet Performance Racing)
2007 Audi S5 4.2L V8 manual (Supersprint exhaust, MMI 3G+ retrofit)

The New: 2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium Petrol RWD (With Sync 3 Upgrade)

Other Road Toys

Silver Surfer
2014 S-Works Roubaix SL4 road bike with Roval Rapide CLX 40 wheelset

The Adventurer!
2023 TREK Domane SL 7 AXS Gen 4
Old 26-07-2006, 10:31 PM   #76
Damo
Banned

I have seen that Ferarri caining it around my area on quite a few occasions. Good ridence, no condolences from me. Lucky he didn't take out another car, and I think the young lady obviously knew what she was up for getting into that car with the driver.
Old 26-07-2006, 10:41 PM   #77
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bArNsY
The Ford GT driver will be charged at least for Vehicular Manslaughter:
"To cause someone else's death because of illegal driving of a motor vehicle. This crime can include gross negligence, drunk or reckless driving or speeding."
Thas BS, everyone has freedom of choice.
Old 26-07-2006, 10:49 PM   #78
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Thas BS, everyone has freedom of choice.
It would only stand up if the GT driver had tagged the Ferrari and punted it into the scenery....
Old 26-07-2006, 10:52 PM   #79
XBCoupeGuy
XBCoupeGuy

That's crap. The Ford driver did not cause anybody's death.

He was involved in an activity that resulted in the death of someone but by no means is he (or can he be) held responsible for that death.

However, if he had crashed his car and killed his passenger then yes he would be charged with manslaughter (at the minimum)

I have no doubt they will catch him and throw the book at him in regards to traffic offences but unless a witness comes forward with his number plates then as long as he keeps denying it, they can't prove it.

I'm not saying this is good nor am I condoning his actions, just saying that he did not commit manslaughter.

It was the Ferrari drivers decision to enter in to a drag race.
Old 26-07-2006, 10:53 PM   #80
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

if the GTP driver hit the ferrari than yeah perhaps he should be charged, although they were both doin something stupid if there was a supposed 2nd car involved.

if the gtp driver didn't cause the actual accident (didn't nudge the ferrari etc) than he shouldn't be charged for the death of the other two !

they both (if there was a 2nd car) were doing something stupid . **** happens give a few days this would blow over... though it will give more reason to ban fast cars for even full licenced drivers ..
Old 26-07-2006, 11:07 PM   #81
rodderz

There may be some confusion with the link to the Pies player. Alledgedly travis Cloke was involved in a minor incident monday morning, with his car slipping on wet tram tracks and hitting a police car (with minor damage), but this was only reported to press today, and maybe the 2 stories have been mixed up.

Hopefully anyway, it's not going to look good if there was racing involved
Old 26-07-2006, 11:07 PM   #82
Justin@
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
I have seen that Ferarri caining it around my area on quite a few occasions. Good ridence, no condolences from me. Lucky he didn't take out another car, and I think the young lady obviously knew what she was up for getting into that car with the driver.

a bit on the harsh side dont you think, havnt we all gone a bit nuts on the roads at one time or another......
Old 26-07-2006, 11:20 PM   #83
bArNsY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My apoligies: the great state of VICTORIA does not recognise vehicular manslaughter
As for what the offender(s) will be charged with will depend on evidence and eye witness counts of events. I'd say if the offender had no priors penalty will be 5yrs max
How long do you think the offender will go away for? if at all?
2004 BA MkII XR6 Turbo

2009 G6E Turbo (277.2rwkw @ Tuned at Bullet Performance Racing)
2007 Audi S5 4.2L V8 manual (Supersprint exhaust, MMI 3G+ retrofit)

The New: 2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium Petrol RWD (With Sync 3 Upgrade)

Other Road Toys

Silver Surfer
2014 S-Works Roubaix SL4 road bike with Roval Rapide CLX 40 wheelset

The Adventurer!
2023 TREK Domane SL 7 AXS Gen 4
Old 26-07-2006, 11:20 PM   #84
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Just as well nobody else got caught up in it.

Can't understand the mentality of some people. Many times I see them on the road doing stupid things, but there's no police cars on the roads.

Perhaps a speed camera got it and there will be a notice in the post in a couple of weeks. What use are these things???
Old 26-07-2006, 11:41 PM   #85
XW Boy
Being built not bought.

It's very sad weather he was speeding or not someones life has been lost and it is terrible, i hope some of you wake up to your selves and stop posting garbage, i see this thread been closed very shortly, as it should be,

Shouldnt of happened, the other driver is not responsible, feel sorry for the passenger and friends and family, RIP

death is not a subject to be joked about, you should all hold your heads in shame.
Old 26-07-2006, 11:42 PM   #86
punktured

its sad loss of lives, but what i find worse (if there was a second car) is why they didnt stop? like how can you morally drive off on someone who's crashed there car at 200km? they should just own up and be done with it
Old 27-07-2006, 01:30 AM   #87
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
Come to think of it now you say that I've seen him too driving down Yarra Street Warrandyte. Only a few times and mostly on sundays. I assume it would have been him..
Old 27-07-2006, 02:42 AM   #88
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whats the bet the owner is pulling the stripes off his car as soon as he got home :
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
Old 27-07-2006, 03:04 AM   #89
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

from the alleged stories posted here, the driver of the ferrari got what was coming to him, i feel sorry for the passenger though. (and the car)

I used to live out Lilydale way, i know exactly how quick 200 would be along the highway.. ridiculous.
Old 27-07-2006, 03:29 AM   #90
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XW Boy
It's very sad weather he was speeding or not someones life has been lost and it is terrible, i hope some of you wake up to your selves and stop posting garbage, i see this thread been closed very shortly, as it should be,
Shouldnt of happened, the other driver is not responsible, feel sorry for the passenger and friends and family, RIP
death is not a subject to be joked about, you should all hold your heads in shame.
We would all agree it's not funny, but i am confused by your sig ? a strong post with a conflicting message ??

Quote:
DON'T FOOL YOURSELF......... SPEED THRILLS!!!
Closed Thread