Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-01-2016, 10:55 PM   #31
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Dick Smith Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
The banks aren't being greedy at all, they just want their money back.
So they don't do their due diligence, and use consumers to repay the debt? Just because it's legal, doesn't mean it's ethical. Were I a DS customer burnt by this, if I was also a NAB customer, I'd be calling a rival bank for my business. The banks likely could have called in the receivers long before now.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2016, 10:56 PM   #32
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spammy View Post
Don't disagree that the behaviour of achorage was less than best practice but if you think the recievers will be investigating that part of the story, then prepare to be disappointed.
The receivers won't investigate anything, their job is to salvage what they can and either sell it or close it down. However ASIC should at least be taking a casual look over it and it's not just me that thinks so, far more educated experts in today's major publications have said the same thing.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2016, 10:56 AM   #33
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some are speculating that the banks waited until just after Christmas when the coffers were full before jumping in to secure their debt. I never bought much there as always felt they didn't do the transition from hobby electronics to fast moving consumer items that well.
Minnows in a sea of sharks.
This user likes this post:
Old 08-01-2016, 11:24 AM   #34
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted View Post
The receivers are vultures, they make sure they are the first to take their cut then divide up whatever scraps are left. At approx $600 per hour for a senior receiver down to $150 per hour for a junior assistant to shuffle papers, they certainly know how to charge.
They're not vultures, that's their job.
They also work by the rules set by the courts and the governments.
As for their charges, I have worked for receivers and they do a hell of a lot for what they charge. Even the juniors do a lot more than 'shuffle papers' as you put it.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2016, 12:21 PM   #35
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
They're not vultures, that's their job.
They also work by the rules set by the courts and the governments.
Ever watched The Corporation? The rules need changing....
Old 08-01-2016, 12:24 PM   #36
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
The receivers are vultures, they make sure they are the first to take their cut then divide up whatever scraps are left. At approx $600 per hour for a senior receiver down to $150 per hour for a junior assistant to shuffle papers, they certainly know how to charge.
That's an uneducated comment. There would be far worse consequences without insolvency and reconstruction experts on the job - all of the DSE employees would have been out on their ar$e immediately. I&R professionals help many workers retain their benefits and jobs through bad situations.
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2016, 01:04 PM   #37
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Roo View Post
I would like to know who were the greedy bankers. That bought the Dick Smith Franchise off Woolworths. And ran it into the ground.
You will find Woolworths started running DSE into the ground well & truly before they sold it off.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2016, 02:10 PM   #38
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
The banks aren't being greedy at all, they just want their money back. The real culprits are Anchorage who have a history of pumping a company up for sale only for that company to hit trouble later. That's what private equity groups do.
Private equity group bought the company I used to work for just before I started and it turned to **** pretty quickly.

Except they all blamed us on the floor, we turned over 30 odd dudes in 4 years, they closed down a branch interstate, and they ended up losing contracts, and later on two people on the board got fired for rorting the company.

But its all our fault on the floor because we didn't work hard enough.

****s in suits, don't trust them.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2016, 03:14 PM   #39
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have been through the process several times both as an employee and a creditor and have attended countless meetings etc so I have a fair understanding of what goes on in these matters.
I understand that they have a job to do but they are still greedy vultures imo.
It doesn't sit right with me that they can just waltz in, charge exorbitant rates, secure an huge slice of the pie for themselves and leave the rest of the creditors high and dry with 5c in the dollar if they're lucky.
They don't waltz in. They are brought in, as in contracted by, some of the creditors; usually a financial company of some sort.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2016, 03:19 PM   #40
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The highest paid during my companies receivership was earning $680 per hour, the lowest paid $220. Amd that was 6 and a half years ago so I'd imagine it would have gone up by now.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:38 PM   #41
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
I have been through the process several times both as an employee and a creditor and have attended countless meetings etc so I have a fair understanding of what goes on in these matters.
I understand that they have a job to do but they are still greedy vultures imo.
It doesn't sit right with me that they can just waltz in, charge exorbitant rates, secure an huge slice of the pie for themselves and leave the rest of the creditors high and dry with 5c in the dollar if they're lucky.
I know it looks like that from the outside but they are professionals and charge accordingly, just like any doctor, lawyer, top surgeon, etc..

Another way to look at it is would you have rather got 5c in the dollar back or nothing at all because the company collapsed completely, the employees made off with the assets and creditors chucked chairs through windows and seized what they wanted?

I&R allows for the best return in a bad situation. They ensure that the most needy are paid out first (employees and their entitlements), then rank the rest down through creditors and unsecured parties. Yeah, it's tough going if you're at the bottom.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2016, 05:57 PM   #42
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Another way to look at it is would you have rather got 5c in the dollar back or nothing at all
Arguably, if insolvency penalties had real teeth, companies would do this themselves because the risk of not trading solvent would be too great.

Our house builder went bust. We knew they were trading insolvent in the last few weeks of our build because we spoke to the various tradies, and some had not been paid in over 6 months. The company and its directors were never prosecuted... an all too common tale.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:13 PM   #43
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Arguably, if insolvency penalties had real teeth, companies would do this themselves because the risk of not trading solvent would be too great.

Our house builder went bust. We knew they were trading insolvent in the last few weeks of our build because we spoke to the various tradies, and some had not been paid in over 6 months. The company and its directors were never prosecuted... an all too common tale.
Yeah, proving "trading whilst insolvent" is always a retrospective thing by which time the culprits can get well away.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:57 PM   #44
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
You will find Woolworths started running DSE into the ground well & truly before they sold it off.
Woolworths don't have a good track record. Masters is also struggling.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2016, 11:09 PM   #45
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Woolworths don't have a good track record. Masters is also struggling.
Very true, Masters is a failure from the start!
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2016, 11:46 PM   #46
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They need to stick to groceries instead of trying to monopolise all the retail sectors.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 06:16 AM   #47
SYZ
Beaut Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwant.com.au View Post
Problem with the DSE brand is no one knows what they are (including their 'strategic' managers).
Why would you go to a DSE store? Pickup online specials only.
Hobby electronics = Jaycar. Agreed, but can only buy online due to limited physical storefronts outside metro area.
Televisions = JB HiFi. Agreed, but the Good Guys (more locations) will always price match.
Other electronics = Harvey Norman. Sorry... NO way!

Quote:
Many marketers and strategic managers keep trying to reinvent the brand, as if something is wrong with it, and then bugger it up.
Yep. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Far too many middle managers and/or buyers are a million miles from the shop floor, and have—literally—no idea of customer feedback on a day-to-day basis. They never hear negative customer feedback; they're totally focussed on nebulous KPIs and next year's bonus.

Quote:
McDonald's is facing the same thing. We were always aware Maccas were fast (junk) food, but we still went in and bought our Big Mac meal. Nowadays, Maccas have diversified so much that they've forgotten about all their core values and what made them successful in the first place. Even their latest marketing campaign is all about being 'UnMacdonalds'.....
McDonald’s closed 350 poorly performing stores in Japan, the United States, and China during the first three months of 2015 as part of its plan to boost its sagging profits. McDonald’s reported an 11% decrease in revenue and a 30% drop in profit for the first three months of last year, a continuation of its troubles in the last two years as it's struggled to compete with new US competitors, such as chains like Chipotle which are eating [sic] into its sales. [Fortune.com]

Quote:
They can save DSE, but they need to either go back to their core business, or focus completely on a new (narrow) model and stick to that.
Agree entirely. Forget the kettles and toasters and CDs and cameras; I can get them all cheaper elsewhere. And focus on Jaycar's inventory for new stock guidelines. Might have a hope then?
SYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 09:44 AM   #48
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

The Good Guys don't 'always price match!!!!'

Just before Christmas I went to Bing Lee to arrange ALL my appliances for my new house. Sat down, went through my needs and wants, talked about different models and others I may have overlooked.

Got my shopping list with model numbers and already discounted prices and walked around the corner to the Good Guys.

After obviously waiting in the oven section for 20 minutes for the sales person to finish with their customer (he made eye contact with me several times) he then just walked off to the fridge section and asked if anyone needed help.

Ok, so I walk to the fridge section, that's where the action seems to be.

Wait another 10 minutes then finally get someone asking if I need help.

I told him I need two 600mm LPG ovens to be promptly told that no one makes them and there is no way I can get it before Christmas.

He then tried to walked away... I told him I don't want it before Christmas and that their own site has them listed!

He then told me he 'thinks' Westinghouse used to make them but 'thinks' they no longer do.

I explained to him that I'm not in a rush and willing to wait. I then told him that I wasn't impressed with the fact his co-worker saw me waiting for 20 minutes then just walked off to aimlessly talk to other random people. I then told him I'm here to stock a new house (listed the stuff I needed) and that I'm also not impressed with this dismissive attitude.

He checks online by going to the Westinghouse site. I told him to go to his own site as that's where they are.

Found the oven that didn't exist and he gave me a price $100 more than Bing Lee. Explained that I had already been to Bing Lee and if they can slightly better the price I'm ready to commit now.

He told me that I had a very good price already and that if he was going to price beat it by only $10 it wouldn't be worth his while then said OK and proceeded to walk away! No mention of the fridge I also needed, nor the cook top, range hood, microwave etc at all.

I couldn't believe it actually how blase he was!

Went back to Bing Lee, told the person I appreciated the time they took with me and was ready to make the deal. She then did a better price again and racked up a $7200 invoice.

Plus I got a free turkey and 6 bottles of wine lol!

Meh....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2016, 10:03 AM   #49
Kingsley
Donating Member
Donating Member2

It was reported on local radio yesterday that the ACCC will be investigating the whole DSE debacle. Whether they have the legal ability to do anything however......

There were also saying there are a few non DCE retailers honoring the gift cards too. But on their terms.
Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 10:15 AM   #50
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

I picked up a toshiba laptop which RRP was $999 for $499 - I shoukd have bought two and a Toshiba lap top carry bag which RRP was $65 for $20 & came withToshiba wireless mouse and 8g usd stick - winning

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2016, 11:10 AM   #51
monzie

The banks will be 2nd in line. Tax department will be at the head of the que
Old 09-01-2016, 11:25 AM   #52
mechanic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit05 View Post
It was reported on local radio yesterday that the ACCC will be investigating the whole DSE debacle. Whether they have the legal ability to do anything however......

There were also saying there are a few non DCE retailers honoring the gift cards too. But on their terms.
Is this the same ACCC that's been investigating the fuel price collusion for the past 20 years?
None of these quasi government bodies have any teeth, employers are required by law to pay superannuation at a given % but that only happens in fairy land.
Twice I was ripped off by employers and the taxpayers ends up paying through GEERS.
Let's see if anyone from the government pops their head up to have a go at ACP, I'd say not.
mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2016, 01:24 PM   #53
SYZ
Beaut Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
The Good Guys don't 'always price match...
Can you please give us the make and model number of the oven you purchased? I'm interested in your claim because after a quick check, I note that both Bing Lee and The Good Guys have the Westinghouse 60cm LNG WVG655SNG oven for $1899.

Quote:
After obviously waiting in the oven section for 20 minutes for the sales person to finish with their customer (he made eye contact with me several times) he then just walked off to the fridge section and asked if anyone needed help.
As someone who worked in the retail sector I can offer you a couple of pointers. You shouldn't have waited around for 20 minutes (5 tops). You should've fronted the sales counter and asked for help in whitegoods. Secondly, you should've "hovered" around right next to him. Thirdly, you should've politely interrupted him, and told him you had some questions about ovens when he'd finished with his customer. And I doubt that any salesman working on commission is gonna "just walk off"—he obviously didn't catch your eye as you thought. Customers need to be more positively reactive to get the best (or any) sales assistance.

Quote:
You should've attracted the salespersons attention before he walked away from his previous customer. With no verbal contact, how was he to know you needed any assistance? And again... you've now waited around for 30 minutes without help? Seriously?

Quote:
I told him I need two 600mm LPG ovens to be promptly told that no one makes them and there is no way I can get it before Christmas.
Sorry, but you obviously misunderstood what he said. 60cm is the industry standard, and every manufacturer makes this width. Pre-Christmas delivery? Possibly not—depending on your order date, but all retailers will quote a similar lead time if the product's not in stock.

Quote:
I then told him that I wasn't impressed with the fact his co-worker saw me waiting for 20 minutes then just walked off to aimlessly talk to other random people.
And you expected him—as just another lowly-paid floor person—to do what exactly? Increase any potential discount? Grovel at your feet? And did you seriously think for a moment that he'd care anyway? Retail sales assistants are paid around the same rate as burger flippers at McDonalds.

In reality, I think you'll always come across a few disinterested salespersons regardless of the stores you visit. Some people have the customer service skills of a wombat, but you shouldn't let one dopey individual put you off the store forever and a day.

And check out this typical comment from from ProductReview.com last week:
Went to buy a hair dryer at Bing Lee Chatswood. Wanted to ask a couple of questions before buying it, but could not get anyone to help me. Finally managed to catch a guy at a computer, but when I went up to him, he just stared at me, annoyed. I asked if he was free and he mumbled that he was busy. Needless to say I left without purchasing. Terrible customer service.

SYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 02:14 PM   #54
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yello Festiva, you should have complained to higher management because if that were my store and that happened that employee would have been short on shifts the next week. I have let many go for a lot less.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:15 PM   #55
JAZSXY
Parts Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
The Good Guys don't 'always price match!!!!'

Just before Christmas I went to Bing Lee to arrange ALL my appliances for my new house. Sat down, went through my needs and wants, talked about different models and others I may have overlooked.

Got my shopping list with model numbers and already discounted prices and walked around the corner to the Good Guys.

Ok, so I walk to the fridge section, that's where the action seems to be.

He then tried to walked away... I told him I don't want it before Christmas and that their own site has them listed!

He then told me he 'thinks' Westinghouse used to make them but 'thinks' they no longer do.

I explained to him that I'm not in a rush and willing to wait. I then told him that I wasn't impressed with the fact his co-worker saw me waiting for 20 minutes then just walked off to aimlessly talk to other random people. I then told him I'm here to stock a new house (listed the stuff I needed) and that I'm also not impressed with this dismissive attitude.

He checks online by going to the Westinghouse site. I told him to go to his own site as that's where they are.

Found the oven that didn't exist and he gave me a price $100 more than Bing Lee. Explained that I had already been to Bing Lee and if they can slightly better the price I'm ready to commit now.

He told me that I had a very good price already and that if he was going to price beat it by only $10 it wouldn't be worth his while then said OK and proceeded to walk away! No mention of the fridge I also needed, nor the cook top, range hood, microwave etc at all.

I couldn't believe it actually how blase he was!

Went back to Bing Lee, told the person I appreciated the time they took with me and was ready to make the deal. She then did a better price again and racked up a $7200 invoice.

Plus I got a free turkey and 6 bottles of wine lol!

Meh....
Its funny you talk about sales people not wanting to deal with you...sounds more like you were shopping in Bunnings. I found it quite funny, Masters built in Carrum Downs, 12 months later Bunnings build next door. So Ive been in a couple of times now and the Bunnings staff are all over you...amazing what competition can do for business. Yet where Bunnings are by themselves with no competition...still the same.

Having motivated / educated and reliable staff on the frontline is also a core element that backroom managers just dont get. Its all $$ signs to them. Profits and losses, expenses and incomes. Not one of them seems to realise those $$ signs are created by the people on the floor selling the stock to customers.

frenzal56, falconxr, loosecannon, lima_been, bo5ton, Mardk, Chapter Four, leakey, POELWYK, Dman4.0, rayban76, tutor, PridenJoy, Aplito Futura, sbutler, Bosko, storta1, portokatsiki, AUte, 5.8, xxxg, FTW-302, LeadFoot81, Peuty, BillM, Sox, needfordspeed, watejs06, CATXR8
JAZSXY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2016, 05:15 PM   #56
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYZ View Post
Can you please give us the make and model number of the oven you purchased? I'm interested in your claim because after a quick check, I note that both Bing Lee and The Good Guys have the Westinghouse 60cm LNG WVG655SNG oven for $1899.
Perhaps you misunderstood me. I did say LPG not NG.

I got 2 ovens:
WVG615SLP and WVG613SLP

Quote:
As someone who worked in the retail sector I can offer you a couple of pointers. You shouldn't have waited around for 20 minutes (5 tops). You should've fronted the sales counter and asked for help in whitegoods. Secondly, you should've "hovered" around right next to him. Thirdly, you should've politely interrupted him, and told him you had some questions about ovens when he'd finished with his customer. And I doubt that any salesman working on commission is gonna "just walk off"—he obviously didn't catch your eye as you thought. Customers need to be more positively reactive to get the best (or any) sales assistance.
You were there? You make a lot of assumptions. I did retail for 15 years before my current job so I don't need any learning there.

There were only 2 people in the immediate oven section. Me and the other customer with the salesperson. When I arrived they were in the process of discussing models and I was always within 3m of them wanting to catch the guy should the customer walk away. After 10 min they walk to the terminal to discuss money and I propped myself in front on them some 5m away waiting for them to finish. The guy looked up from the screen several times and saw me waiting. I didn't move and made it obvious I was waiting for them to finish. Blind Freddy would have seen me waiting it was that obvious!

You can doubt what you want. He saw me and just walked away. If he can't be bothered walking the 5m to say hello he shouldn't be in 'sales'. At no time did another customer enter the scene by the way.

Quote:
You should've attracted the salespersons attention before he walked away from his previous customer. With no verbal contact, how was he to know you needed any assistance? And again... you've now waited around for 30 minutes without help? Seriously?
What a stupid bloody thing to say..... seriously.....

Quote:
Sorry, but you obviously misunderstood what he said. 60cm is the industry standard, and every manufacturer makes this width. Pre-Christmas delivery? Possibly not—depending on your order date, but all retailers will quote a similar lead time if the product's not in stock.
What absolutre rubbish. Again, stated as fact like you were there. No bloody misunderstandings, so try and 'understand' that. 60cm is standard? Thanks for that, never knew even though I designed my kitchen myself. I didn't ask for any delivery time frame either, simply stated I wanted help looking for a 60cm LP Gas oven. Perhaps you are having a little trouble understanding what I have previously stated???

Quote:
And you expected him—as just another lowly-paid floor person—to do what exactly? Increase any potential discount? Grovel at your feet? And did you seriously think for a moment that he'd care anyway? Retail sales assistants are paid around the same rate as burger flippers at McDonalds.
Another joke of a comment. I expected him to do his job, you know, sell stuff to customers. The rest of what you said is just

Quote:
In reality, I think you'll always come across a few disinterested salespersons regardless of the stores you visit. Some people have the customer service skills of a wombat, but you shouldn't let one dopey individual put you off the store forever and a day.
Wasn't 1, it was 2.

Quote:
And check out this typical comment from from ProductReview.com last week:
Went to buy a hair dryer at Bing Lee Chatswood. Wanted to ask a couple of questions before buying it, but could not get anyone to help me. Finally managed to catch a guy at a computer, but when I went up to him, he just stared at me, annoyed. I asked if he was free and he mumbled that he was busy. Needless to say I left without purchasing. Terrible customer service.

Relevant how????

Old 09-01-2016, 05:18 PM   #57
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Yello Festiva, you should have complained to higher management because if that were my store and that happened that employee would have been short on shifts the next week. I have let many go for a lot less.
It was just before Christmas and the chap that walked away was quite a senior looking gent that looked to be in his late 50's.

As much as I didn't like my treatment I didn't want to be the one that causes him grief in his job or possibly reduced shifts at a time when non performing salespeople will no longer all be required post Christmas rush.

Old 09-01-2016, 05:50 PM   #58
JAJH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As a Manager of a Retail business for over 25 years, if one of my staff left a customer waiting without at least acknowledging the customer's presence, he wouldn't be employed for long. Retail staff no doubt get very tied up with customers but the least they can do is either make eye contact, a nod of the head or just a quick, "I won't keep you long" will go a long way to good customer relations. I have had many people over the years who have thanked me in busy times just for taking the time to see they are waiting to be served. Having said that, it often frustrates me when I am the customer waiting for service and the lack of either staff available or disinterested and unknowledgeable staff is annoying to say the least. Its so refreshing when you get a good salesperson who knows their stuff and goes out of their way to make your purchase an enjoyable one.

PREVIOUS RIDES
AU3 VENOM RED XR8, 19" SILVER ARGENTS, REBEL BODY KIT & 6/4 BREMBOS
MARS RED FG MK2 XR6 ECOLPI, SILVER ARGENT 19" RIMS & TINT
BLOOD ORANGE BA GTP, QUAD EXHAUST, SUNROOF, CHIPPED, SS CAI, 320KW
NAROOMA BLUE AU3 HERROD XR8- SS CAI, TS RIMS, 6/4 BREMBOS, TWIN SPOILER, REBEL BODY KIT & TUNED BY ELITE
VENOM GTP, HERROD EXHAUST, DVD PLAYER, WINDOW TINT, SS CAI, STEALTH
VENOM AU11 TE50, HERROD LOWERED, HEADERS AND EXHAUST
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JAJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2016, 06:06 PM   #59
Falcman0o7
Banned

They used to sell ELECTRONICS and gadgets Now it's just the stuff you can get just about anywhere.
Ebay is my best friend. If companys didn't sell their products with a 1000% markup I'd support them but why should I when it's hard enough as it is to get by. I've saved thousands buying what I want off ebay for the same thing! ARB, WAECO ect whack their sticker on a chinese product and make it out to be their own and far superior. They won't fool me.
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2016, 06:07 PM   #60
Falcman0o7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJH View Post
As a Manager of a Retail business for over 25 years, if one of my staff left a customer waiting without at least acknowledging the customer's presence, he wouldn't be employed for long. Retail staff no doubt get very tied up with customers but the least they can do is either make eye contact, a nod of the head or just a quick, "I won't keep you long" will go a long way to good customer relations. I have had many people over the years who have thanked me in busy times just for taking the time to see they are waiting to be served. Having said that, it often frustrates me when I am the customer waiting for service and the lack of either staff available or disinterested and unknowledgeable staff is annoying to say the least. Its so refreshing when you get a good salesperson who knows their stuff and goes out of their way to make your purchase an enjoyable one.
I actually wish staff would **** off and leave me alone!
Falcman0o7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post