Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-02-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
Dustproof

Default Hesitation

Hi all,

Twice now I have had a hesitation whilst cruising at 60Kph in my WS Fiesta, it is more than an engine misfire or something like that. It feels like someone hit the brakes suddenly, it lasts for less than a second.

Originally I thought it might be the air-conditioning kicking in but it feels more sever than that, I am a bit worried it is the brakes as I can only replicate the feeling by hitting the brake peddle suddenly.

Has anyone ever had this problem with their WS?

Noel

Old 12-02-2010, 08:06 PM   #2
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nothing like that Noel. Got nearly 8,000kms on the WS now......

Let us know what you find...
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No mate. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious. Remember some cars have been called back for a brake vacuume issue, but I doubt this would have this effect on your car?
Old 12-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #4
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

Got 12,000kms on mine and haven't had that sort of problem ... as has been mentioned, there is a recall for the brake booster hose, but it shouldn't cause any problems.

I'd get it checked.
Fiesta God is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #5
RJO89
EuroFordClub

It's a weird feeling. Happens from time to time on my Falcon XL Ute. Pretty sure it's a misfire, but mine's on dedicated gas so I've got an excuse for misfiring. Never happened to me in a petrol engine

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #6
thndr
Starter Motor

I had just this the other day after picking the fez up after the 15000 km service. i decided to take it from the dealer for a quick squirt up the highway to see if it responded diff after the ecu update. i left the lights normally and at about 2000rpm in second gave it some throttle, probly about half and she just died for about a tenth of a second, it seriously was like a flat spot. well i can tell you i was turning to head straight back to the dealer but decided to try it again and it didnt do it and hasnt since, so not quite sure what the go was there but its rather disconcerting to say the least when it happens, kind of like oh crap its going to die.
thndr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #7
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndr
I had just this the other day after picking the fez up after the 15000 km service. i decided to take it from the dealer for a quick squirt up the highway to see if it responded diff after the ecu update. i left the lights normally and at about 2000rpm in second gave it some throttle, probly about half and she just died for about a tenth of a second, it seriously was like a flat spot. well i can tell you i was turning to head straight back to the dealer but decided to try it again and it didnt do it and hasnt since, so not quite sure what the go was there but its rather disconcerting to say the least when it happens, kind of like oh crap its going to die.
I had that a few times after getting my MK7 Fiesta. I figures out it was due to the engine being cold, it rests the urge to accelerate but mine hasn't done that for ages now.

Dustproof, did you have the Crusie Control on? I notice while the Cruise works very well, it's a little jerky when going downhill and gives the sensation of a sudden press of the brakes?
Old 14-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #8
Dustproof

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Dustproof, did you have the Crusie Control on? I notice while the Cruise works very well, it's a little jerky when going downhill and gives the sensation of a sudden press of the brakes?
No, no cruise control. I was driving back to work after lunch doing 60Kph, it just suddenly felt like I had hit the brake like I missed the accelerator and clipped the brake peddle - I didn't though. The first time it happened, my wife noticed it and though we hit something. The second time was the same but I was alone, I will give Ford a call this week and see what they have to say about it. I was wondering if someone here had this happen, being a computer engineer I have learned not to trust too many electronic devices so I could be a little paranoid.

Thanks
Noel
Old 15-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #9
Fled74
The Thread Killa

ECU problem maybe?
I had an old Nissan many years ago that had the same problem, it turned out that the plugs and air filter needed changing. Somehow I doubt that a new car would need that.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post