Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-09-2022, 11:55 AM   #1
Waldo007
Starter Motor

Default 2017 Ford Focus LZ Sport - Service Engine Now

Hi there,
Apologies for the long post.

HELP PLEASE!!

I bought a 2017 Ford Focus LZ Sport Auto from a reputable dealership approx 10 months ago now at just over 30,000 kms on the clock

About 1 month ago, I stopped at a red light and the car suddenly started displaying ENGINE SERVICE NOW and a spanner on the dash with the check engine light on. Car also went into what I would call a limp mode...no power when I pressed the accelerator peddle.

Flicked hazard lights on and left car switched off for about 3 - 5 minutes. Started engine again and it's started fine but still had the check engine light on (no more Engine Service Now message).

Called my mechanic and he came to scan the car...it came up with code P2111..Throttle ACTUATOR 'A' Control system - Stuck open.

He cleared the code and said he wiped around the PTM (PowerPoint module) and asked me to monitor it. He said he wiped around the PTM as it could have carbon and debris or something like that getting in the way of a sensor.

It's now 4 weeks since and it happened again last night.

I am concerned that the car will stop like this on a freeway or middle of intersection and cause serious accident.

Please has anyone experienced or is experiencing this and how is it fixed?

I don't feel confident driving this car anymore.

Other than this issue the car has been so reliable and smooth to drive. Its now cli ked over 40,000kms

Last edited by Waldo007; 15-09-2022 at 12:03 PM.
Waldo007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post