Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-03-2022, 11:35 AM   #691
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Used car prices

Expect used car prices to take off once again.

According to the Courier Mail today:

Quote:
A rental car shortage has hit Brisbane as flood-affected motorists desperately search for a temporary solution to written-off vehicles.

As of March 10, Queenslanders had made 10,050 insurance claims for damaged cars due to the floods, according to the Insurance Council of Australia.

And with RACQ stating that 90 per cent of all flooded cars are write-offs, the need for an immediate replacement is strong across Brisbane.
Quote:
Two leading suppliers were entirely sold out for the week from Wednesday morning, while others had limited options including exclusively SUVs or more expensive options available.

Leading rental car company, Hertz, is one of the many seeing a spike in rentals, according to vice president Eoin Macneill.

To ease the demand, new fleet deliveries have been sent straight to flood affected areas, but Mr Macneill said the company had seen some delays in repositioning cars due to road closures.
So not only are rental car companies making an absolute mint on rentals in general these days, but now they can't keep up with demand.

But importantly, following on from this, these 10,050 cars need to be replaced. Only way to secure something these days is paying through the nose for it.

Also need to consider that 10,050 is only in Qld, doesn't include NSW, and does not include uninsured and/or possibly third party insured vehicles.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...6d9eb409996895

Not sure if its a paid story though, sorry.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2022, 11:35 AM   #692
AUWA1

Default Re: Used car prices

I had a series one AU XR8 back in the day and sold it and progressed through other Ford's. Then recently one of my sons bought an AU series 111 Fairmont. It had 200km on the clock, body was great and only the roof lining needed redoing. This sparked my interest in AU's again and i now have an addiction, i purchased a T3 TS50 (manual in storage), and XR8 series 3 black and a Forte series 3 B7 paint code i call it Maroon, V8 with a factory Havoc body kit needs a bit of TLC on the paint work but interior and drive line are very good.

Then my other son thought he wasn't going to miss out and bought the AU Fairmont V8 with the Havoc body kit. AU's everywhere next on the list is a Rebel or a T3 TE50.......one day.....no more space.

Last edited by AUWA1; 17-08-2022 at 10:33 AM.
AUWA1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: