Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-02-2006, 10:15 PM   #1
Ponch
Buggered if I know....

Red face Where should I be looking?

I'm in the market for an XY Falcon sedan.

I've been looking on ebay, Australianmusclecarsales.com.au trading post, unique cars and just cars.

I am reasonably specific in what I want...that being a V8 XY, clean-ish body....but apart from that, I prefer something that people haven't "done up"....as I will only strip it anyway to see what they have done under the paint etc. I'm not fussed on matching numbers, genuine anything, or this code is better than that code etc.

I will be doing a nut and bolt build on the car...and a pretty specific plan (my wife is absolutely rapt that I am building another car : )

Anyway, can somebody point me towards a site/publication where I would be likely to find such an animal? I have seen a few on ebay in and around $5,000...which is about what I want to spend on the car itself....I have budgeted approx. $35,000 for the build....and will be doing most of the work, except the final coats myself...so it should be reasonable when done.

Any help is appreciated...and if anyone has or knows of one that fits the description...then let me know. I'll travel East Coast to get it.

Thankx
Ponch :

Ponch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2006, 11:54 PM   #2
myxr6
Banned

Try carsales.com in the private area , there are heaps of v8 XY's in there.
myxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 12:00 AM   #3
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Where should you be looking ? EVERYWHERE !!! There sure is somew sИИИИboxes around asking top dollar they are the car of the moment and as for buying parts for em a second mortgage might be an idea

Good Luck with the resto

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 09:06 AM   #4
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

.. and everyone here over 30 can probably tell you about the cars that we USED to have or could have bought years ago. Personally in the nineties I turned down a mint XW Fairmont V8, and XB GT sedan, and a XA GS coupe .. all cheap .. 'cos I didn't think Aussie cars were worth it!! Doh!!

Keep looking locally, and keep in touch with clubs. Most GOOD cars are sold without being advertised .. but word of mouth to friends are associates.

Good luck!
Rod
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 09:37 AM   #5
Ponch
Buggered if I know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNKPR
Where should you be looking ? EVERYWHERE !!! There sure is somew sИИИИboxes around asking top dollar they are the car of the moment and as for buying parts for em a second mortgage might be an idea

Good Luck with the resto
Second mortgage? I already have two bloody mortgages! :( Wife says she wants investment property....I apprently said "sure luv...I'll pay that off for ya" :togo:

Thanks for the responses...I haven't approached any clubs yet. I was a member of a Chrysler club...and there were some pretty decent people in that. I thought I might get the car first...get it underway, then look at clubs.

Carsales eh??....well.......off I go.

Ta :
Ponch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 09:01 PM   #6
myxr6
Banned

There is this one at Grand Tourer
http://www.grandtourer.com.au/Aspx/C...le.aspx?sold=0
myxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2006, 02:00 AM   #7
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxr6

:thebirds: Bargain worth a look Jewel green mmmmmmmnice :thebirds:

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post