Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-01-2023, 03:44 PM   #1
asimplelife
mechanical novice hopeful
Donating Member2

Default M93LE Auto Trans in I6 S3 Sedan will be same as I6 S3 wagon?

Everything I read says there is only 1 type of auto in all AU I6's.

My sedan auto was good but have just removed it for a manual conversion.
The wagon auto clunks hard when kicking back from 2nd to 1st and maybe 3rd to 2nd even after recent service.
Is also now leaking fluid both front and back.
Maybe cheaper and easier to swap the sedan auto into the wagon while resolving the leaks?
The sedan was an option 20 but that is still the same auto?
asimplelife is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2023, 06:55 PM   #2
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: M93LE Auto Trans in I6 S3 Sedan will be same as I6 S3 wagon?

The autos are the same, same, same then same again for all the AU I6's.

Harsh 1 - 2 and 2 - 1 is usually to do with a problematic S5 solenoid. I can't imagine you getting much change out of $300 to swap the S5 and then it doesn't guarantee a fix nor that there aren't other gremlins hiding in there.

So if the sedan box is good, its probably the simplest and most cost effective fix.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2023, 08:05 PM   #3
asimplelife
mechanical novice hopeful
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
The autos are the same, same, same then same again for all the AU I6's.
Harsh 1 - 2 and 2 - 1 is usually to do with a problematic S5 solenoid. I can't imagine you getting much change out of $300 to swap the S5 and then it doesn't guarantee a fix nor that there aren't other gremlins hiding in there.
So if the sedan box is good, its probably the simplest and most cost effective fix.
Thanks very much for confirming that.
In theory it seemed like the best thing to do.
But someone said to me the wagon auto could be different to the sedan...so off down the rabbit hole I went.
asimplelife is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2023, 08:26 PM   #4
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There might be a difference in the trans mount cross member that bolts under the mount, just keep an eye out and swap if necessary.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: