Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #1411
bf2006
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

hi all, i have a bf xr8 sedan and just wondering if an towbar off an au would fit on it
bf2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2012, 12:10 AM   #1412
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeon
Hey guys. New to the forum and new to owning a vehicle (first car) I've got a 2005 Territory in silver with a sexy stereo.
The whole reason I wanted a Territory is because I was moving from Melbourne to Cairns and I needed a car to fit all my stuff in. So far it's been a great decision. Although one of the metal hinges the holds the boot together has siezed and snapped, thus I cannot open the boot :(
But, I still love it, it gets a wash and wax once a week and being a P plater I make my parents look rich.
I hope people on here would be able to help guide me in the right path on this forum when it comes to questions regarding my Territory because I have no freakin' clue on what limits it has. I'm still finding storage compartments..
The hinges are a relatively simple job to replace and not even overly expensive as a spare part. OM me if you need help with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cop37a
hi guys new on here thanks for letting me join could someone please help me out need to no if i need any special tools to rebuild the turbo on my ba xr6 not payin a machenic when the cheapest quote to do it was $100 an hour plus parts
None that I can see - tolerances are the main thing to get right so a pair of good quality vernier calipers (preferably digital) would probably be the only thing that would be worth adding to a standard toolkit.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #1413
Lebron
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
The hinges are a relatively simple job to replace and not even overly expensive as a spare part. OM me if you need help with it.

None that I can see - tolerances are the main thing to get right so a pair of good quality vernier calipers (preferably digital) would probably be the only thing that would be worth adding to a standard toolkit.

Cheers
Russ

Did you check your bull joint? I think 2004 to 2006 model got a recall..I drive Ford Territory 2010 too and I had no problem at the moment..

cheers,
Lebron
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2012, 01:35 AM   #1414
Flocktome
XT 351 - Ryan

Hi All,
Ryan from Perth, WA here,

Just got my 1968 XT, needs a rebuild but it's all there.
Just a 6cylinder falcon, so plans are (for now) to just get it running, buy the parts i need, and start planning.
It's got a pretty bad left quarter panel, rust in the usual spots, but since they're getting rare, i figured it was worth buying.

It's got the original red interior, and the beige paint, so if anyone hears of any red xt interiors in WA, please let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xt2.jpg (136.6 KB, 67 views)
Flocktome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2012, 01:49 AM   #1415
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flocktome
Hi All,
Ryan from Perth, WA here,

Just got my 1968 XT, needs a rebuild but it's all there.

It's got the original red interior, and the beige paint, so if anyone hears of any red xt interiors in WA, please let me know.
How I miss Perth. I lived there for 31yrs (makes me sound old when I type it like that!)

A 1968 XT is a beautiful car. Welcome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danie Bosman
Hi Guys (or shall I say G/day Mates)

My name is Danie and I live in Gauteng, South Africa
Thank you for letting me come onto your forum....much appreciated.

Some time last year I finished my last project which is a 72 XY Ranchero UTE. This was my first V8 project and I enjoyed every minute of the three years I have spend to restore it.

Apart from the Ranchero I also have a 1960 Ford Prefect, which also took three years to restore.

Cheers

Danie
Hi Danie. Great to see someone from your part of the world has found their way to AFF as this site is affectionately known. Great pics of your Ranchero. Love the colour. Would love to see some pics of your Ford Prefect sometime.

Enjoy the site and thank you for sharing

Cheers
Col
Old 15-03-2012, 01:52 AM   #1416
Flocktome
XT 351 - Ryan

Cheers Col, Yeah, I'ved lived here all my life... don't worry, not much has changed, except prices and the number of idiots on the road ;)
Old 15-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #1417
michaellebon
Starter Motor

Hi everybody,
just bought a ford fairmont el 97 from NSW and registeredit here in melbourne
its started giving me trouble
head gasket blew so someone suggested me to use a sealant and i used chem goss 2 bottles and ran it for an hour. its ok now wonder how long will it last????
also saw on the net to use a STEEL SEAL a chemical from USA ,saw it on ebay for $ 60 a bottle 12 oze , need 2 of them CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF ITS GOOD ???
MY HEATER DOES NOT WORK AND AFTER DOING A DIAGNOSTIC ON THE CLIMATE CONTROL IT SHOWS ERROR E2.... how much will it cost to fix

cheers everybody
michael
dandenong
michaellebon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #1418
Pigeon
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Hey mate, can't send messages as I haven't done enough posts yet. A local Smash Repairs quoted $930 to get the part replaced and I'm not prepared to pay that kind of money as I am an apprentice with little money as it is.
Would I be able to get the part from a Ford dealer at a good price?
Thanks.
Pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #1419
Arhyne07

Hello there. My name is anthony. Im new to this forum. I have a 1999 mustang gt with a 5.4 dohc. It has a boss 260 intake on it and i love it
Haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVTZ...e_gdata_player
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #1420
Sprint-ed
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi All.

Have joined up as I am in the process of buying an ED XR8 Sprint as we speak.

Am looking forward to being part of the Ford Forum community.

Cheers all
Sprint-ed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #1421
Danie Bosman
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
How I miss Perth. I lived there for 31yrs (makes me sound old when I type it like that!)

Hi Danie. Great to see someone from your part of the world has found their way to AFF as this site is affectionately known. Great pics of your Ranchero. Love the colour. Would love to see some pics of your Ford Prefect sometime.

Cheers
Col
Hi Col,

Thanks...nice to be on your forum.

Herewith pics of the Perfect before and after restoration. I found her in a barn on a small holding where she was standing for 30 years.

Cheers

Danie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1960 Ford Prefect before 1.JPG (113.8 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg 1960 Ford Prefect before 2.JPG (72.4 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg 1960 Ford Prefect after 1.jpg (74.9 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 1960 Ford Prefect after 2.jpg (71.5 KB, 68 views)
Danie Bosman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #1422
Danie Bosman
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise

Cheers
Col
Some more pics of the Ranchero.

351 Clevo with C4 box and 9" diff.

Cheers

Danie
Old 15-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #1423
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeon
Hey mate, can't send messages as I haven't done enough posts yet. A local Smash Repairs quoted $930 to get the part replaced and I'm not prepared to pay that kind of money as I am an apprentice with little money as it is.
Would I be able to get the part from a Ford dealer at a good price?
Thanks.
You can look things up in our Parts Database for most recent models.

In answer to your question:

SX A42900 A HINGE - LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT DOOR, RH $31.25
SX A42901 A HINGE - LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT DOOR, LH $31.25

Prices are a couple of years old now so add a bit on.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #1424
Lebron
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danie Bosman
Hi Guys (or shall I say G/day Mates)

My name is Danie and I live in Gauteng, South Africa
Thank you for letting me come onto your forum....much appreciated

Have been restoring old cars for the past 40 years and still enjoy fiddling whenever I get a chance

Some time last year I finished my last project which is a 72 XY Ranchero UTE. This was my first V8 project and I enjoyed every minute of the three years I have spend to restore it.

Problem with me, I never know when to stop spending on these projects and I then end up overspending to such an extend that I will never get all the money back, which went into the end result. I am sure a lot of my co-restorers out there will agree.

Early into the XY's restoration I discovered GT Ford Performance in Victoria and needless to say they could supply me all the parts I needed to finish the Ranchero.

Apart from the Ranchero I also have a 1960 Ford Prefect, which also took three years to restore.
My dear wife dubbed her “Miss Perfect” and waited patiently weekends for me to close the garage door.

I am going to try and post some pictures and hope I get it right. Perhaps one of you out there could give me an idea what the Ranchero would sell for your part of the world.

Cheers

Danie

Hello mate!
Why it takes so long to restore? It's probably because can't buy any of your spare parts or what?
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #1425
Danie Bosman
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron
Hello mate!
Why it takes so long to restore? It's probably because can't buy any of your spare parts or what?
Hello Lebrom,

The restoration was done on a part time basis over weekends only.

Being an Australian UTE one could not find any new parts in South Africa and I therefore imported whatever I needed from your part of the world

Cheers

Danie
Old 15-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #1426
mstg66
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone, long time reader, first time post.
Is there someone out there who can help.
i have a 2005 territory ghia. when i bought in new, there was a factory/dealer option called a " BODY ENHANCEMENT KIT "
This consisted of 4 parts, 2 rear mould that go on the bumper corners and 2 front moulds.From what i remember back then, they made the front and back end look beefy
Has anyone got a picture of what these look like on a territory?
As every dealer i have gone too, cant help me.
i dont want to buy if they dont look any good
mstg66
mstg66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #1427
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstg66
Hi Everyone, long time reader, first time post.
Is there someone out there who can help.
i have a 2005 territory ghia. when i bought in new, there was a factory/dealer option called a " BODY ENHANCEMENT KIT "
This consisted of 4 parts, 2 rear mould that go on the bumper corners and 2 front moulds.From what i remember back then, they made the front and back end look beefy
Has anyone got a picture of what these look like on a territory?
As every dealer i have gone too, cant help me.
i dont want to buy if they dont look any good
mstg66
We have a section here dedicated to Territories, pop over there and ask away.

http://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=85
Old 17-03-2012, 12:09 AM   #1428
BBteri

Hi All
First post after a few reads. Just got a new TX TDCi RWD territory and pretty happy so far - Wife loves it

Seems to be a good place for some useful information so if i have something whorthwhile i will post to get other members thoughts

Happy motoring
BBteri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #1429
fluiddrive
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

gday Ford fans. I'm on my 2nd ford, an EL Fairmont and I'm happy. My first one was an XT falcon many years ago. I'm loving the LSD, particularly on roundabouts and dirt roads... Life looks better a little bit sideways. I'm loving the availability of cheap parts too. My only disappointment is the engine cutting out at 180kph. There's still so much room left on the tacho! I guess it's for a reason. Thanks guys. your forums have already put my mind at rest on a few things ... cheers.
fluiddrive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #1430
garcar

Hi. I've just joined the forum and will be looking to get advice from time to time from the experts! I've just bought a 1977 Ford LTD P6 Silver Monarch. Here she is. Enjoy!

Last edited by garcar; 18-10-2014 at 06:23 PM.
garcar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #1431
panda30
Starter Motor

Im new here so i thought i would say hi. Currently rebuilding a Xb coupe.
panda30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #1432
salonika
Starter Motor

hi all, just sitting up here in north qld watching the rain,thought i mite as well say g,day and ask a question or two.i have a 2007 teterritory ts rwd,going to buy a caravan 16/17 ft,now do i need to put a oil cooler on the trans or not.
salonika is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #1433
SSD-85
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by salonika
hi all, just sitting up here in north qld watching the rain,thought i mite as well say g,day and ask a question or two.i have a 2007 teterritory ts rwd,going to buy a caravan 16/17 ft,now do i need to put a oil cooler on the trans or not.
Welcome to AFF.

Putting an external cooler on any Auto trans is a VERY good idea, regardless of what the cars intended use is. If you isolate it completely from the cooler built into the radiator, you eliminate the chance of corrosion causing your engine coolant to pump into your transmission.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #1434
coopsp
Starter Motor

Great site this one
coopsp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #1435
martinp
Starter Motor

Gday to all
my car au1 ute
vct fairmont s3 engine and auto
fairmont ghia black leather interior dash cluster and floor shift
doors leather
inside looks like an au fairmont ghia
outside still looks like a work ute with 450k
next is paint and and and lol
other car subi 1990 legacy wagon soon to be twin turbo (ongoing)
maybe another bike

this forum seems like a good place with a lot of like minded ppl
and a lot of info
martinp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #1436
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Guys,

I've been floating around the forum for a couple of weeks now, and find it very good. I'm also frequent another ford Forum as well ... can't get enough of Fords.

Any way, the name's Graham ... first Ford was a 1967 GT Cortina in 1971, then XA, XC, EF, BAXR6, FGXR6 and now the FGXR50. Had a stupid few years owning a HG and HQ after the XA. We learn from our mistakes.

Interesting reading the modification posts. I'm over that .. can't see the returns. I got that out of my system years ago racing an XM Falcon then a TC Corty on the dirt oval.

More sedate these days enjoying detailing the chariots.
GCRXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2012, 08:24 PM   #1437
Vonryan
Starter Motor

Red face Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi Everyone. This is my 1st post on AFF. I'm Vonryan and I live in Northern NSW. I've had a look at some of the early ford pics (xt,xw,xy, etc), AFF members have posted on this site. They look great restored and I'm sure many hours of hardwork have gone into their restoration. Late 60's and early 70's are my favourite model of ford. I have a '98 Ford Mondeo GLX Hatchback at the moment, which I bought on Tues-6/3/12. I've only driven the car for only 5.5hrs, before it broke down. The car has been in the workshop ever since and the mechanic hasn't been able to find out what is causing the problem . I'm hoping someone in the technical section on AFF can help me. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Cheers....Vonryan.

Last edited by Vonryan; 19-03-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Vonryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #1438
joetash
Starter Motor

Hey everyone ford lover holden driver here. I have always driven a ford untill I purchased a mazda 6 and ever since I have wanted my au back. Now im stuck driving my partners vr. Just thought I would ask if anyone on here has a xb coupe and would be interested in doing a wedding in adelaide.
joetash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2012, 10:42 PM   #1439
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

By now, you have all seen an XR50 by now, but this is a test to see if I can actually post an image via Photobucket.... here goes ... URL=http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/dd325/XRpilot/?action=view&current=DSC_2296.jpg][/URL]
Old 19-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #1440
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK ... done .. thanks guys.