Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Fairlane Carpet not fitting

So after a long wait I finally put the carpet out of a Fairlane Ghia in my wagon only to realise the wagon has the same floorpan as the sedan and this is about 120mm shorter than the fairlane.

So my options are to either:

1) Cut the carpet down in the middle so that it fits (Don't really want to cut a good carpet down)

2) Get hold of the plush carpet out of a sedan. (If anyone has one lying around please let me know!!! Will happily purchase if the price is right...)

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
madwag
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fairlane Carpet not fitting

hmmm if the carpet moldings all line up, id just cut the carpet to fit. Or i replaced my wagon carpet using this mob. "tru-fit carpets"

nice carpet but still did not fit as well as a factory job. (my installation was probably not the best either)

The Daily's Build.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11349360

Weekender: '69 VW Notchback
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...24#post4531824
madwag is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool thanks for the info I will certainly check them out. Kinda hoping to come across a factory carpet as I really like the neat fit. But if I have to I will get on made up. Just out of curiosity how much do they cost roughly??

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #4
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

ever thought of making your own? I did. Went to bunnings and bought xx metres of their loop pile black carpet. heat gun and much time spent- now have fully custom,front and rear carpets and custom full length floor matts to match. (the have 2 grades of carpet.1 is your normal stuff, the 2nd is a thick rubber backed material that i made the custom floor mats from)-to make the mats,i traced the original matts supplied from ford and made them around 2-5mm larger for a nice snug fit.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
madwag
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they also have an ebay store

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/tru-fit_c...id=p4340.l2562

The Daily's Build.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11349360

Weekender: '69 VW Notchback
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...24#post4531824
madwag is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2019, 07:36 PM   #6
Bigredbf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsau View Post
So after a long wait I finally put the carpet out of a Fairlane Ghia in my wagon only to realise the wagon has the same floorpan as the sedan and this is about 120mm shorter than the fairlane.

So my options are to either:

1) Cut the carpet down in the middle so that it fits (Don't really want to cut a good carpet down)

2) Get hold of the plush carpet out of a sedan. (If anyone has one lying around please let me know!!! Will happily purchase if the price is right...)
Hi are you sure the wagon uses the same sedan carpet? I’m researching to start a xr conversion to my wagon
Bigredbf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2019, 09:31 PM   #7
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigredbf View Post
Hi are you sure the wagon uses the same sedan carpet? I’m researching to start a xr conversion to my wagon
It has been 7 years since this thread was created so I'm sure they sorted it out.

For your information, yes, sedan carpets will fit the wagon. The carpets for sedan, and wagon are the same.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: