Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 24-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #301
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 
Default Re: Gen F HSV GTS Review, 0-100 in 4.4s

It must get power down well and change direction pretty good as Winton is incredibly tight around that back section and is a very skinny circuit.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #302
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMENTDGT View Post
And what holden ute will produce the power you have in your GS ute...?
If you want outright grunt then the GS ute is it. But let's be honest, in Victoria you get pinged 3kph over the limit, so one slight punch of loud pedal can have your car locked up for a month.
Don't get me wrong, having 363rwkw is awesome, I'd just love for it to drive and handle a bit nicer. The interior to be less cheap especially being a premium Ford brand, for it to look like an Fpv.

In saying all of that, c&a performance have bolted a blower onto their ss ute and pulled a staggering 480rwk out of it! We al know the chev motor has massive aftermarket support.

@auslandau, I feel for the one eyed people and you do sound like one, that won't give another car a chance. How are you so convinced that its not a better product? How can the badge make such a difference?
I've been new car shopping about 3 times over the last 3 years and always end up with the best my money can buy, not the badge I must own. And it just so happens to be three fords in a row!

Now if I want a real buzz, I'll place a 170hp motorcycle between my legs and go for a ride!
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
5 users like this post:
Old 24-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #303
BHDOGS
Banned

he said he buys what he likes which is a ford just like you said you do so save the fake pity that nobody gives a **** about and go buy your gts because nobody will give a **** about that either
2 users like this post:
Old 24-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #304
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidpunx View Post
^ I have a mate getting one so hopefully do something head to head with him. We will be putting them on the dyno back to back as well.
that would be interesting too see.
This user likes this post:
Old 24-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #305
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMax View Post
@auslandau, I feel for the one eyed people and you do sound like one, that won't give another car a chance. How are you so convinced that its not a better product? How can the badge make such a difference?
I've been new car shopping about 3 times over the last 3 years and always end up with the best my money can buy, not the badge I must own. And it just so happens to be three fords in a row!
I did a quite an in depth thread when I was buying the GT. I listed every car within that price bracket from second hand AMG's to HSV to Audi's to what ever. As it is my money and a lot of it, I always make sure there is nothing else out there that I would prefer (NOT necessarily better! .... but prefer). Fords are always on the top of my list for my personal reasons. The reasons I have are mine. It might be the pretty blue badge on the front? Really, who cares why people buy things? Doesn't bother me nor most others.

I know people who will only buy Mercs or BMW's. Some only buy Holdens ..... or white cars .... or green ones .... or manuals ...... or 5 star rated .... or horse and carts! No need to feel sorry for them as the sympathy is wasted.

I dont feel for those driving a Corolla or a Hyundai. If that makes them happy ... Whoop de do Basil.

Personally would never buy a Holden. Had 1 once. Not again. Don't like them, I don't need to either and do not need to explain the reasons why. Don't care if it beats my car because of something wizz bangy.

By the way ..... the Mrs has a BMW. OH the shock horror! A non Ford in the family! I bought her one because she wanted a BMW! There are 50 cars better ...... but no ....... she wanted a white BMW for her own reasons. I didn't care or have shown any sympathy for her. That has made her happy .... so I am happy!

I just don't understand why some people belittle others for their choices. No one needs to justify to others the reasons why they bought what ever.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 24-08-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 24-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #306
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

A dealership in Melbournes north have 15 orders for the new GTS

None for any lower models

$107k on road
Old 24-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #307
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
I did a quite an in depth thread when I was buying the GT. I listed every car within that price bracket from second hand AMG's to HSV to Audi's to what ever. As it is my money and a lot of it, I always make sure there is nothing else out there that I would prefer (NOT necessarily better! .... but prefer). Fords are always on the top of my list for my personal reasons. The reasons I have are mine. It might be the pretty blue badge on the front? Really, who cares why people buy things? Doesn't bother me nor most others.

I know people who will only buy Mercs or BMW's. Some only buy Holdens ..... or white cars .... or green ones .... or manuals ...... or 5 star rated .... or horse and carts! No need to feel sorry for them as the sympathy is wasted.

I dont feel for those driving a Corolla or a Hyundai. If that makes them happy ... Whoop de do Basil.

Personally would never buy a Holden. Had 1 once. Not again. Don't like them, I don't need to either and do not need to explain the reasons why. Don't care if it beats my car because of something wizz bangy.

By the way ..... the Mrs has a BMW. OH the shock horror! A non Ford in the family! I bought her one because she wanted a BMW! There are 50 cars better ...... but no ....... she wanted a white BMW for her own reasons. I didn't care or have shown any sympathy for her. That has made her happy .... so I am happy!

I just don't understand why some people belittle others for their choices. No one needs to justify to others the reasons why they bought what ever.
I think its just a matter of in this day and age, brand bias is just stupid. Not having a dig at you, more just the brand slaves in general.
Old 24-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #308
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberKnee View Post
I think its just a matter of in this day and age, brand bias is just stupid. Not having a dig at you, more just the brand slaves in general.
Actually don't see a problem with being a brand slave ...... if that brand contiues to perform and has the products you enjoy and want ..... to some out there, why change?

Just saying, and have always said, reasons why people buy certain things are of no concern to others.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
4 users like this post:
Old 25-08-2013, 01:18 AM   #309
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau View Post
Actually don't see a problem with being a brand slave ...... if that brand contiues to perform and has the products you enjoy and want ..... to some out there, why change?

Just saying, and have always said, reasons why people buy certain things are of no concern to others.
hence why Toyota is so popular. they have a reputation for being reliable. I can think of better products out there then some of there range, but its that reputation that sells them.
Old 25-08-2013, 01:55 AM   #310
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberKnee View Post
Rationally, you are absolutely correct. But buying cars isn't about being rational, or being logical.

I am very much a "brand slave". I'll buy something because of the badge it has on it, even though I'm happy to admit that there may be superior product out there. For me, it's not just with cars, but with phones (Samsung) and computers (HP) as well. I find a brand I like and I'll stick to it.

Being a brand slave does not mean that I'm not open minded about what else is on offer. I have driven a number of other cars other than Fords which I'd gladly recommend to people who ask me what car they should get. What it does mean, however, is that when I ultimately make the decision to purchase, the odds are stacked in favour of a brand that I've grown to trust, and to love, and that's why, when it comes time to replace my BF, my next car will almost certainly be a Ford.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
3 users like this post:
Old 25-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #311
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where did all the discussion go? Bit of a biased clean up again?

Simple solution, you buy ford even though it may not tick all the boxes, ill buy what ticks the boxes regardless go badge!
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
Old 25-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #312
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Simple solution, you buy ford even though it may not tick all the boxes, ill buy what ticks the boxes regardless go badge!
every ones choices and needs is different. I know people that will only buy Holdens because of the badge. that maybe the one and only box that needs ticking?? so they buy them
Old 25-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #313
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Again, it comes down to personal selection criteria. The Ford might not tick all the boxes as far as you're concerned but it could tick them for someone else vice versa. This is still regardless of badge.

For example, when I was deciding between the R-Spec and 300 SRT8, there were a lot of boxes both brands ticked for me but the 3 that stood out for the R-Spec were Engine, Transmission and Looks. Price wise and equipment wise the SRT8 beat the R-Spec hands down.

I placed more weighting on Engine, Transmission and Looks.

The point I'm making, and I think you understand, is that what ticks the boxes for you won't tick the same boxes for others and that does not necessarily mean one is a brand slave. No one is wrong or right as it's a personal decision.
Old 25-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #314
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

We suffer from badge bias more than we benefit from it? Why complain about what remains of Ford's fan base when, even when producing significantly superior products at many times, the public ticked the red box on their order forms.

Remarkably we all earn our own $ and we can all choose what we buy for any reason we like. Just many make those decisions based on research, some on preferences they do not even understand (that warm feeling dad had one), or pure emotion straight from the heart

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
Old 25-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #315
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exactly my point. Why be enslaved to one brand and not really getting the best of your hard earned moolah? To me, that's plain crazy!

just for fun, how about we replace any mention in this thread of Holden to Samsung and Ford to IPhone...lol
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
Old 25-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #316
Rodge
Banned

^^ I doubt many on here are "enslaved" to a brand as some have suggested.
Fact is Falcon and FPV product has represented huge bang for buck over many years now so if people have a positive brand bias based on an enjoyable experience I don't see what the issue is.

I've owned a Holden Calais and it was a truly appalling experience and i've driven a couple of HSV's and didn't like their harsh ride and that's before we start talking about their woeful lack of performacne compared to the F6 I was driving at the time. Holden N.Z. make my decision easy in N.Z. they have a listed asking price for an auto equipped GTS at $125,000 Kiwi plus on roads. The R Spec sold for $93,000 when it was on sale here and I picked up my brand new SC GT-P for a net effective price of $81,000 Kiwi after factoring in an over-trade on my F6 to the tune of $8K. I don't see the value in the GTS but if others do then that's fine and www.ls1.com is a great place for people to discuss this vehicle and all its nuances in great detail, in my opinion. As far as i'm concerned you'd have to incredibly HSV brand biased to see $32,000 difference between an FPV R Spec and a GTS.
I think there's plenty of people on here that represent families that have more than one vehicle in their family and would suggest more often than not there's probably a mixture of brands in the driveway.

Last edited by Rodge; 25-08-2013 at 04:02 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 25-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #317
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Exactly my point. Why be enslaved to one brand and not really getting the best of your hard earned moolah? To me, that's plain crazy!

just for fun, how about we replace any mention in this thread of Holden to Samsung and Ford to IPhone...lol
Then I definitely wouldn't buy a Ford as I'm not happy with my iPhone!! LOL!
Old 25-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #318
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wouldn't buy any Holden badged car for 90k!
I hate paying mid to high 50's for a freaking ute!
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
Old 25-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #319
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP534 View Post
Then I definitely wouldn't buy a Ford as I'm not happy with my iPhone!! LOL!
lol I think Samsung and iPhone are both crap!! I guess I wont be buy a Holden or Ford either!!
2 users like this post:
Old 25-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #320
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw a VF Senator at the servo today. Jesus christ they are ugly. Ughhh. I honestly have no idea what they were going for. Looks really bloated, or looks like it's inflatable
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
3 users like this post:
Old 25-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #321
strik9
aka fpv747

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazza View Post
Saw a VF Senator at the servo today. Jesus christ they are ugly. Ughhh. I honestly have no idea what they were going for. Looks really bloated, or looks like it's inflatable
i saw a ute today. i was trying to keep an open mind.
i,m a car lover the badge does,nt mean anything to me. if i like the look and its got the grunt.
but it did look like crap. i want to see the new camry side by side with the gen f and i rekon they,d be pretty close. think they could have done alot better. its a real shame fords in the shape its in ,would have been nice to see what fpv could have come out with.........
Old 25-08-2013, 09:43 PM   #322
XA5800
I'd rather be blown

Look at my signature, most brands represented , there are even a few I have not admitted too, I waited & Bought my latest FG GT second hand it ticked all the boxes for me , yes It may have cheap plastic parts in the interior , but it has a sweet drive train , Being a petrol head performance in a falcon GT is what it is all about & this thing is sweet with a tune only it makes 407.2 RWKW , for me what more would you want,

Won't tell you what the car owes me , but I for one will never pay 100g + for a commodore . for that money second hand from UK M5 of Merc ,

Previous rides:
BFGT COBRA number 33, BAGT, BMW 535 E39
80 SERIES LANDCRUISER X2
XAGT 4 DOOR , XC COBRA, XYGT, XA GT COUPE , XYGT , HD Holden sedan,
V6GT CAPRI converted to V8, MAZDA RX2.
3 users like this post:
Old 25-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #323
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rodge - I see the value in a GTS for AUD$ value... Let's be honest here; A demo GT for ~60-65k, a GTP fpr ~70-75k... Or, a GTS for 100k... I'll be honest, my immediate plan is an FPV and later a GTS, but i wouldn't hesitate to spend 100k on a GTS with all the tech it comes with, i'm so torn between FPV and HSV right now that i feel like a dirty Judas!!!

But, the GTS is still good value compared to what else we get in Aus for the same dollar.

Really though, any HSV or FPV is great bang for buck in the grand scheme of things. I'm just glad that i am fortunate to have such a terrible decision to make... the blue side of me in singing for an FPV, but my logical side is telling me to consider the GTS... either way, brand loyalty aside, i don't think i'll go wrong.

I'm just glad that this forum has many enthusiasts, and not just one eyed supporters... We all have our own decisions to make, and over time i have had many cars, i just hope i don't get judged on my final choice!! if i do, then so be it, i'm sure i'll justify it haha
4 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2013, 02:04 AM   #324
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stazza View Post

ok give it a rest, you are stuck in 1977.
2016 cant come quickly enough, and i hope they cancel the mustang. Just for ford "fans" like you.
Old 26-08-2013, 04:45 AM   #325
misk
Starter Motor

They look **** hot I reckon...
Old 26-08-2013, 05:25 AM   #326
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Surely the last two posts r jokes......because its a fact....90% of the new vf range looks hideous and poorly designed.......there are a thousand comments,threads and even an American restyle for their version to back this up.......so take a hike ur selves .
5 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #327
Rodge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyxr6t04 View Post
Rodge - I see the value in a GTS for AUD$ value... Let's be honest here; A demo GT for ~60-65k, a GTP fpr ~70-75k... Or, a GTS for 100k... I'll be honest, my immediate plan is an FPV and later a GTS, but i wouldn't hesitate to spend 100k on a GTS with all the tech it comes with, i'm so torn between FPV and HSV right now that i feel like a dirty Judas!!!

But, the GTS is still good value compared to what else we get in Aus for the same dollar.

Really though, any HSV or FPV is great bang for buck in the grand scheme of things. I'm just glad that i am fortunate to have such a terrible decision to make... the blue side of me in singing for an FPV, but my logical side is telling me to consider the GTS... either way, brand loyalty aside, i don't think i'll go wrong.

I'm just glad that this forum has many enthusiasts, and not just one eyed supporters... We all have our own decisions to make, and over time i have had many cars, i just hope i don't get judged on my final choice!! if i do, then so be it, i'm sure i'll justify it haha
Fair enough Jimmy, obviously everyone has a different perspective on this matter and as you say all one can do is compare based on conditions in their market. Just curious, if you could buy a Jaguar XFR for the same money as a HSV GTS, (like Kiwi's can), which way would you lean then ?
2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #328
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Surely the last two posts r jokes......because its a fact....90% of the new vf range looks hideous and poorly designed.......there are a thousand comments,threads and even an American restyle for their version to back this up.......so take a hike ur selves .
opinion != fact
Old 26-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #329
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX View Post
ok give it a rest, you are stuck in 1977.
2016 cant come quickly enough, and i hope they cancel the mustang. Just for ford "fans" like you.
Bahahaha Ford "fans" like me? Not sure what you're getting at, but anyway. Why should I give it a rest? This is a Holden thread in a Ford forum, and I stated that I saw a new bombadore in the flesh and it looked horrendous. I hope Holden goes down the shitter. This place would be much more peaceful. Not sure why you and wretched are posting here. You get your panties in a knot every time someone gives an opinion you don't agree with. Maybe the admins should send you guys on a permanent holiday from this place and leave it to us "fans".
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
Old 26-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #330
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

or you could simply not enter a Holden thread which is clearly labeled in way that even the simplest of people could see. I don't see why you keep coming into these threads when you clearly have no interest in the car.
Closed Thread