Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-01-2010, 02:24 AM   #61
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Also, just a question, who here has their old school car as a daily? Most P platers can only afford one car without the help of a loan. We are talking about the younger generation here right?
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 03:02 AM   #62
91'dSpecEB
The Magic Of O-Pan

Ahh now this thread caught my eye. I'm 17 and my daily/only is a 91' EB and dont get me wrong I love it. But i have always wanted a classic and ive always preffered the sound of a lumpy cam V8 to the sound of rice in a turbo and i have a close mate who feels the same. The classics are the better car, When you ride in one it feels like a car and you feel good, not some A to B thing made of plastic that has no soul. I can't wait to own a classic even if its nothing too special and it doesnt have to be an 8, nothing wrong with a staright 6, tough engines. I dont care if a car has chrome mags and 4 turbos, give me the oldschool V8...
91'dSpecEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 03:18 AM   #63
Scooter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCPWSF
Also, just a question, who here has their old school car as a daily? Most P platers can only afford one car without the help of a loan. We are talking about the younger generation here right?
I use a ZH Fairlane on straight LPG as my daily driver. I also puled the A/C out as it did not work and removed the power steering as it leaked and was too sensitive. I love it, and don't care for all the fancy BS. I drive the car, it does not drive me!
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 03:40 AM   #64
GTP-03

IM 36, My first car was a 4 cylinder Lancia which was given to me,
then i sold it and bought an EJ lowered with 4 speed 179, bucket seats, chrome widened steelies and extractors, i thought it was awsome.

I also owned a Hq 4 door 202, but my first real love and excitement when i bought
my XC 4.9 litre Fairmont, it wasnt in the best condition, but looking at some examples these days it was good value back then.

I remember the first night i got it cruising to my mates house, its the first v8 i owned and the first car with power steering I owned also, i still remeber when it kicked down a gear and the awesome noise it made when i was driving along, it felt like this was a real car and the cars i had before where just plain boring.

I had quite a few cars since then, but i always prefer driving v8s, I think the noise of them is quite therapuatic, especially when you give it a bootfull!
Old 07-01-2010, 07:23 AM   #65
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont know that much has changed, back in 88 I was playing with an XC falcon my mates were playing with HZ's work out the difference its the same as playing with VT & AU's now

its just XC's and HZ's were the cheap car later model car, a few of my mates had XW's, XY's or HT's & HK's (again cheap at the time becasue they were the equivilent of owning an E series today

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 11:07 AM   #66
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Interesting thread... I think it was RSGerry that mentioned relevance... think that's a key element.

I'd say another element is the fact that today's younger generation (which I would say i'm still just a part of, i'm ONLY 32), but more so the younger of this generation, have been centred on the personal technology boom. They have had so much more opportunity for all sorts of other means of entertainment and hobby etc that classic cars are simply of no interest. Newers cars will soon become the classics, and perhaps there will be some that take an interest if it's in the 'blood line'... more commonly though i'm sure, the good old generation Y male will be more interested in the type of hair straightener he can get rather than what type of engine he wants in his car!

I've depressed my self... i'm going to get over to the Coyote thread!
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #67
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
the good old generation Y male will be more interested in the type of hair straightener he can get rather than what type of engine he wants in his car!

I've depressed my self... i'm going to get over to the Coyote thread!
Sadly, a lot of guys in my year level in 2009 actually did own hair straighteners.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #68
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Sadly, a lot of guys in my year level in 2009 actually did own hair straighteners.
OH MY GOD

ive never so happy to be older than this generation
Old 07-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #69
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I'm 21 and love older cars and would love to own an old classic.

Reason I don't is because I like the reliability and comfort of a modern car. Especially being a daily drive.

In saying that, I'd love to have a mint classic sitting in a garage for weekends.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #70
4VCLEVO
XA GT

I never grew up with old cars, my father always had new fairlaines and he was into motor bikes.
I was born in '81 and grew up watching Dick Johnson in tru blu and greens tuff, the mustang, eb etc.
My first car was an XD when I was 16, I didn't know much about cars in terms of tech stuff but I was into them. I then bought a basket case EA and had to fully rebuild it from the ground up, I had no money so I had to do the work myself.
When I took the engine in for a standard rebuild, the reconditioner said for a little bit more money you can put this cam in, a bit more to shave the head, bit more to put alloy race pistons so on and so on.
I then had the bug for modified cars and to go fast.
I always like XB's when growing up but became more interested in XA's as time went on, when I was 21 I bought my XA GT, best thing I ever did.
On the subject of new cars are more comfortable, what a load of crap.
I have done many trips from mildura to melb and back, I have a bad back and this tends to hurt me on long trips. I bought a XC GS fairmont, 302, windback sunroof in melb and drove it back to mildura, the ride was smooth, seats were one of the best seats I've ever sat in, not one bit of back pain the whole way home, it was a great car, it hurt abit to strip it when I got it home.
Also the point of new cars are more reliable, the classics are so simple in there design they don't tend to stuff up, when they do it's not hard to find the problem and fix.

Last edited by 4VCLEVO; 07-01-2010 at 12:28 PM.
4VCLEVO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 01:23 PM   #71
platinumXR
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter.

Quote:
Finding the pristine XY is the problem.

This is going to cop a lot of flack but I'd prefer an R34 GTR over a XY GT any day.
And I'd rather have my XB over an R34 (which I have driven and worked on btw). I've also driven and/or worked on WRX / STi, EVO 1-8, R31-34, SS/HSV, Peugeot/Renault, Rambler/AMC, Porsche, BMW, Audi...and so on and so forth...

It's not (as others have pointed out) always all about precision, speed, times or power. It is about the association, relevance and passion. Finding a rusty old XY [as an example] and MAKING it pristine is part of that relevance, association and passion. A GTR is a little bit more purpose built from scratch than a Falcon and [for me at least], that's kinda the point...I make it into what I want it to be...not what all the other sheep are doing. No offence intended.

But, having said that; I am not oblivious to their...idiosyncrasies shall we say. I would rather my XB with RRS front end / decent brakes and EFI...than not...but that does not have to diminish the classic appeal and satisfaction it gives me.

My missus is very, VERY into R/S series Val's...she does not care about the body roll, squeaks, groans, lack of speed or HEKTIK street cred...it's all about what she finds stylish, artistic or relevant.

Toys:
2017.5 LZ Focus RS, Magnetic Grey my new pocket rocket
2008 BF2 RTV Ute
1993 EB2 S-XR8 Sedan, Platinum, manual (now sold)
1975 XB Fairmont GS Sedan, Tropic Gold...or Starlight Blue...not sure yet...(for sale now...PM me...)

Last edited by platinumXR; 07-01-2010 at 01:28 PM.
platinumXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #72
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

When I was looking for my first car @ 18, really truly wanted Mustang.
Bought the AU instead because for the same amount of money I couldn't find a decent Example.

One day I'll have an Eleanore !
divine_afg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #73
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My theory is three-fold (well three and a half)

1) Housing prices and the general cost of living is SO high at the moment that to aspire to build a car is just not worth thinking about.

2) The cost of muscle cars is 10 times what they were 15 years ago... anyone else remember looking through Unique Cars in '95/96 era and dreaming about a phase 3 up for sale for $55k, or thereabouts?

3) Police crackdowns (defects etc), the image of "hoons" in the media means that the "fringe" enthusiasts just can't be bothered... it's too much hassle now.

And the half... modern cars now offer so much power, handling etc that a lot of people just don't think they need to spend the money to modify. A WRX or Evo is cheap and so much fun.
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 01:36 PM   #74
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheek
I reckon its all relative, back in the 70's/80's the XY's, XA's etc. were like what the EL's, BA's BF's etc. are now... They were introduced when the young people back then were growing up and would of seen them new and thought "one day I want one of them"....

And plus would you prefer every tom dick n harry P-plater driving rare XY's n XA's or E/B series falcons which we have plenty of!
^^^^I reckon this post sums it up pretty well. We're talking a generational shift here.

I grew up watching Bathurst from the mid '70's, seeing the cars on the road and lusting after them. I'll never forget seeing my dream car as a 16 year old, an XA GT Sedan. It was White (Polar White I suspect), blackout bonnet, bumpers colour coded and with wide kidney bean mags and fat rubber stuffed under the guards. Lowered into the weeds and the sound...... Oh boy, I was hooked!! I just had to have one. I did get one at age 24 but it got knocked off. For some reason or another I never did get another one......

That whole XA-XC series was it for me but strangely it took me 30 years from that point to get my hands on a Coupe!! I'm still hooked.

What are todays 16 year olds lusting after?? in 20 to 30 years time will those cars be sought after to the point where they will cost an arm and a leg to buy??

There are some young 'uns who love the old skool cool but are well and truly priced out of it. They'll go for what is accessable.

For me it's all about nostalgia and a look back to better times, when we could drive without fear of incurring the wrath of the nanny state for the smallest of transgressions, when we were not micro managed beyond the thresholds of enjoying the simple pleasures.

A sunny day, a nice tough Ford, a full tank of juice and the road ahead. Audio by Led Zeppelin or Cleveland. Ahhhh.....bliss......

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 02:52 PM   #75
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

Im 23 and love the old classics, I do have a ba, but given up on it because of the cost of modifying, Now its the daily. So ive turned to old(ish) school, and picked up an 85 vk as a bit of a project to tinker on. Its a 308, with a carby. So easy to work on. If something is wrong, just 3 things... Has it got spark. Has it got air. And has it got fuel. Thats it, And its a car that you drive, and not get driven in. You monitor how the car is going, and not some $3 sensor that will leave you stranded if it dies.

I love the simplicity! (and the sound/feel)

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 03:06 PM   #76
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

I totally agree with anyone who believes relevance is the key to this subject.

Looking back over this thread and a number of things stick out.

1, the majority of people who support the classics are from that era and dreamed of owning one.
The young fellas who support the classics have made mention of a father, aunt etc. having one and inspired them.

2, Montyv8 mentioned the thumbs up he gets from passers by as he cruises the strip, but do these people really identify with the classic, or is it simply that the classic sticks out from the norm.
Anyone who would mistake an XA-C Coupe for a Charger clearly has no idea and so you would have to assume the interest is solely a fascination with the unusual, not a passion.

3, The classic supporters use sarcasm directed at anyone who doesn't 'feel the passion'
'So I keep the EA with the stuffed head gasket just in case??'
'awesome. a powerful 6cyl BA.'
'You don't get it do ya?! So why bother explaining?!'

4, being a Ford Forum and moderated by number of classic enthusiasts and their mates i would say there are a large number of members who would refrain from giving an opinion that would see them frowned upon, point 3 would support this situation.

5, I would like to see a poll taken on the subject, however to get a true result i feel the usernames of the voters should be kept hidden to entice members who wouldnt otherwise stick their necks out, to vote without prejudice.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #77
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

JACK250, I am glad you made this post.

I don't have time tonight to read all that has been posted (Bedtime here in USA) but I will tomorrow.

My theory of why the guys your age are not into cars (and I have been wanting to bring this up for some time) is because they have grown up (at least Yanks have) with their entertainment and fun being in the virtual world. Video games are common place and often times take precedent over the actual activities. I can't tell you how many football (american) games I played with my mates while I was between 12 and 17. Now it is a game to be played on a computer or television. Also, there are so many apps for cell phones to keep people occupied, plus the internet.

My fear is that for your generation "fun" is something that happens with buttons or a keyboard. This is unfortunate because there is nothing like actually living your life with real experiences instead of cyber or virtual ones.

It''s great to see that you are into cars, whatever generations of cars you like.
Keep at it.

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #78
4VCLEVO
XA GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio XB

It''s great to see that you are into cars, whatever generations of cars you like.
Keep at it.

Steve
I here you. When I was in high school in the mid 90's, I was the only one in my year level that was passionet about cars. I found it hard as no one shared my interest. They were all to busy playing video games or football.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:48 PM   #79
grey_esp
Greys tuf too :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4VCLEVO
I here you. When I was in high school in the mid 90's, I was the only one in my year level that was passionet about cars. I found it hard as no one shared my interest. They were all to busy playing video games or football.
I was in exactly the same boat.
Im out in the shed on a week night in year 8 rebuilding the engine in my motor bike and the other guys are playing super mario cart. Id watch an old falcon cruise by and listen for the note and the guys would pay out for it being a pile of crap and how their mum just bought a new honda accord.

As we got a bit older tho they have all started to like the old cars too, and mums honda is a pile of crap.
grey_esp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #80
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8
4, being a Ford Forum and moderated by number of classic enthusiasts and their mates i would say there are a large number of members who would refrain from giving an opinion that would see them frowned upon, point 3 would support this situation.
There is not a single classic car owning Moderator here who does not own at least one late model car.

For example i have an BA wagon and an current model diesel Navara.

Auslandau has an BA XR6, AU V8 ute and a G6E. Oh and an EA with a busted head gasket

Nugget 378 has a Hilux and a modified XR6T ute.

If you call that bias that's an issue for you. I call it experience and being in a position to make a sound judgement when having both new and old in the stable.

I love the classics but would never consider one as my only means of transport, but as a fun weekender they take some beating.

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 07-01-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 07:41 PM   #81
krt10
eskyman

im 19 and im classic car fan. ive only ever owned escorts and i love nothing more that old british small fords (escorts, cortinas, capris, angilas, 100e's ect).
having said that i also like classic aussie cars. if its old skool then is cool imo
Old 07-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #82
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

As the generations pass so too are the type of cars considered old school. I am over 40 and old school to me is my ex cars that included an XM coupe an XYGT replica I built, and an XAGT but my old man who had an XBGS coupe when I was a boy and an XW and XY etc.... now has a vintage hillman 1948 because to him that is classic old school. To me its just an old car I would rather his GS or my XA, anyhow the young kids of today will grow up wanting the modern GT's, XR's etc of today and they will be then old school.

The only exception to the rule are kids bought up by enthousiasts like the members on here with XY's, XB's etc some of these kids will have their fathers passion rub off on them and will want the older cars but not too many of them around kids or cars. My daughters are both blue thru and thru only because that what they have picked up off me they hate rice and know what a POS is and appreciate the chrome bumper cars.

To my old man the XBGS coupe was just a good V8 to tow our ski boat and nothing more today it would be worth a lot of coin so to those who own current cool cars look after them if history is anything to go by they will get another life in 20 or so years. Everything old is new (wanted) again but it takes a generation.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......

Last edited by FPV+fteT3; 07-01-2010 at 08:09 PM.
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #83
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

I read the first few posts in this forum, then just had a skimp over the rest. It's been a pretty hot topic this, (4 pages in a day). I'll put my 2c in.....

I'm 24, when i first started to hit the roads I learnt to drive in a 81 CM Valiant, an original S.A police car (K18 option). I loved it. It was technically my first car, I started to take it apart for a full restoration when I was 19. But TAFE got in the way, then work, then I bought land, bought 2 cars, etc. The problem is it's been sitting in the yard rusting away for (Good God) 6 years. I haven't touched it. I work 7 days a week now......

It's just a matter of time. Since I work 7 days a week, I cover over 1000km's a week. I love my Classics. I'm actually a Full on Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler/Valiant man at heart. But Fords are Damn well second on the list. Right up there. I want nothing more than A 69 charger, 70 challanger, A GI60S Elenore, & a replica of moffats 77 winning GT plus CL/JW 06/07/08 winning falcons in my garage. Just to name a few.

However after years of driving old valiants, & falcons, I told my dad that I wanted a NC V8 fairlane. It's was EXACTLY 5 Years ago since I put it on the road, in 4 days (Jan 11) Ive put 200000 on the clock in that time. When i told my dad I wanted one he didn't understand. Then his car died I mean DIED. So I bought him one of mine. He loves it. After one drive he said "the valiants have had their day". The Fazza's have never let us down. NEVER.

The old Valiants & Fords just kept breaking down. From age & build quality. Reliabilty has been the main improvement over the years. Look at early bathurst races how many retirements were there from mechanical failures. Now, today? Big difference.

To be honest I don't think my old val would have coped with that extra 200 put on it. & Why would I? I want a work horse for the week. Something that's cool inside, comfortable, got power, & power steering etc, & classic for the special times. Thats what makes them classics. Cause you only take them out every now & then, it makes them special. I'd rather have an accident in my fairlane (from an emotional view -watch Eric bana's "love the beast" to understand) than my baby. Don't think that Gen Y (thats us) don't like the classic's, we just want something less important for every day for aforementioned reason. I used to think like you, & maybe intime, you'll understand...
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #84
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i dont think its a matter of not liking cars, its more of a thing of drinkiing and partying it up at that age....... everyone i knew at school spent their income getting drunk every weekend and partying, i saved to buy a decent car with cash - i still think they lost alot less than i did but at least i remember every minute of it :P

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 10:07 PM   #85
ZDI-970
Formerly D3v[]

i have to agree there not many peeple our age (16) into cars and it sucks! i think one of the reasons is because they dont see the effort that goes into them, they think 20inch rims on commodore and a big exhaust tip is goona make it look cool! they dont see the effort that goes into the panel not just on the surface but under the paint as well and think its all easy.. im learning and theres some bits that arent easy but ya have a go and when you do what to someone experienced would be one small piece and it comes up good it makes you feel invincible and confident!
heres an example of what i did today, i had a go at welding a new bit into my sill and after i give it a grind its gonna be an awesome seemless weld!

it may look rough but its a pretty bad pic, anyways the main reason im on this forum is because i dont have any friends my age into cars or anything, my dads not realy that into cars but im changing his mind on them (for most it would be the other way around!) and i have older mates, uncles into cars and i would rather hang out with them because they share my passion and know what im talking about...

edit: oh and i want to add that weld was a big effort for me and i felt awesome after it lol
and as said earlier up the page most people our age are into playing computer games and football/other sports, and il be honest sometimes i was anoyed that my parents never bought a playstation or anything (ive never had a playstation or xbox!), but now i would actually thank them for it because it made me find a real passion!

Last edited by ZDI-970; 07-01-2010 at 10:15 PM.
ZDI-970 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #86
BLKWDW

I love old cars and my dream car albeit not a ford is a HT premier. Will always have a nice new car as the family hack though which i think is reasonable. I did have a vs commo i was doing up but sold it and bought a roller vn ss. Although not a classic its an older car then the vs and is going backwards.
When i'm financial able i will purchase my dream car but until that day comes the vn will have to do. Another reason would probably be laziness. Our generation(i'm 23) really couldnt be bothered putting the effort into an old car that just about all of them will need when they can just buy a newer, comfortable car without the hassles for less.
I will always appreciate an old classic car stock or not more then any new car with a huge stereo and big wheels. Case in point for my wedding we had 1 vt and 2 ve commo's for the bridal party and i argued black and blue with the mrs that i wanted a mates hk premiere for the boys. I got it and had a ball driving in it to the wedding.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xsessi...3215500?ref=mf
Cheers Daz.
BLKWDW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #87
Alby1
you'd be popular too

This thread has me thinking of forgetting the mods to my el xr8 and getting the EH with 308, and twin carbies out the bonnet. *remembering the street&strip mags with the pullout posters all over my room till my mother saw them*
I don't want any monster fast beast, just two carbies on a tunnel ram. mmmmmm
*goes talks to the wife*

Al
Alby1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2010, 12:53 AM   #88
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
There is not a single classic car owning Moderator here who does not own at least one late model car.

For example i have an BA wagon and an current model diesel Navara.

Auslandau has an BA XR6, AU V8 ute and a G6E. Oh and an EA with a busted head gasket

Nugget 378 has a Hilux and a modified XR6T ute.

If you call that bias that's an issue for you. I call it experience and being in a position to make a sound judgement when having both new and old in the stable.

I love the classics but would never consider one as my only means of transport, but as a fun weekender they take some beating.
I take it you agree with the other 4 points.

Wether you own a modern car is irrelevant, that some dont share the passion for your classics is and should be met with an open mind.
Too often its 'us v's them' or atleast thats the feeling portrayed.

As for this, i stand by my words, there are a handful of senior members who believe because they 'get it' everyone should or be made to feel less worthy.

There have been a number of occasions where members have offered PM's of support when i've 'gone against the grain' and called it for what it is in these types of threads.
Unfortunately a lot wont publicly say it.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2010, 01:33 AM   #89
Barry_v
rocknrolla

Its a bit like owning a real dog as opposed to a pikachu. sure, the pikachu is more convenient, costs less to maintain, doesnt crap on your driveway and might even have bluetooth... but which one can you see yourself still enjoying in 5 years time?

Disagree with me and you clearly wear a pink shirt with a popped collar.
Barry_v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2010, 02:45 AM   #90
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its a different era now , plastic fantastic the techno era, an earlier post said turn key enthusiast, thats probably not far from the truth , but the cars are all computer so how can they not go with what they are growing up with as we old farts did, i shudder to think of the future when internal combustion engine is all but gone ...............hotted up electric cars with fuel economy saveing push bike wheels :togo: :togo: :togo:
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post