Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-06-2007, 01:43 PM   #1
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Default VE GTS 427 385kw here October 07

Where really up the creek with the New Wheels magazine reporting on the new VE GTS 427 385kw to be here in October 2007. It is offical that 100 to 150 of these will be built and one has already been down the production line to test its dry sump clearance to the Cross member. It will have a completely revised driveline and with 620Nm of torque is expected to be by far the fastest Australian production car ever built. With genuine 12 second quaters expected and a $120 000 price tag it will be as fast as a M5 at half the price. Holden Dealers have had an idea about it for a while and have taken deposits on them already. The first prototype was a white VE GTS that went down the line to see if any of the componets would effect assembly as they are different to the normal GTS and had a tag on it DONT REV PAST 4000rpm.

Last edited by Eaturbo; 27-06-2007 at 01:50 PM.
Eaturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 01:46 PM   #2
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Bring back the HO
Old 27-06-2007, 01:47 PM   #3
Supa R00
Rolling on Simmons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
Bring back the HO
Way to go mate, u just doomed this thread by opening up a can of worms...
5Spd, Simmons FR17"s, SupaLow's, Sprint Bodykit,
Cam, exhaust and all that jazz... Complete AU XR6 conversion and soon to be turbo!
:voldar02:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
When has any XR6 after the ED, prior to the XR6T been anywhere near being a performance car, or much more of a car than a stock taxi spec Gli?
Supa R00 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 01:50 PM   #4
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

but at only 150 to be made....yes it maintains exclusivity to the model but hardly warrants it being a full blown production class IMO.
Old 27-06-2007, 01:56 PM   #5
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

The first prototype was a white VE GTS that went down the line to see if any of the componets would effect assembly as they are different to the normal GTS and had a tag on it DONT REV PAST 4000rpm. Now Ford /FPV would want to have something up its sleeve or they are going to look like a camry sportivo compared to this. Ford could spend $50000 more on a GTP and still have the same price as this new car. Me thinks that an F6 is the only car which could have any potential against this car as a mildly modified but still standard looking car on the road which would beat this thing. What i mean is No GT or XR8 would have a hope unless supercharged and than its no where near as standard looking as an F6.
Old 27-06-2007, 02:11 PM   #6
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not good news for Ford people. Maybe Ford won't do anything and ignore it - but i hope im wrong

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 02:18 PM   #7
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaturbo
Now Ford /FPV would want to have something up its sleeve or they are going to look like a camry sportivo compared to this. Ford could spend $50000 more on a GTP and still have the same price as this new car. Me thinks that an F6 is the only car which could have any potential against this car as a mildly modified but still standard looking car on the road which would beat this thing. What i mean is No GT or XR8 would have a hope unless supercharged and than its no where near as standard looking as an F6.
Why would you compare a 45k xr8 or 60k gt to a 150k gts?As you said,if this is true they'll be aiming for m3's,not gt's.
Old 27-06-2007, 02:19 PM   #8
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Meh........

They will just be like any BA BF GT or GTP i see on the road, overpowered House Wife Car......... to take the kids to the shops or school

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 02:30 PM   #9
futura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If this HSV GTS 385kw rumour is true, the FPV option for a v8 production car will must be supercharging the Boss engine. But what are the chances of that happening?? Only FPV knows. Only time will tell.
futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 02:34 PM   #10
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll beleive it when i see it. But if true - giddyup.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 02:37 PM   #11
billsta

Interesting times ahead, will FPV have the 'Bathurst Cobra' beefed up as release dates seem to be close to each other???
FPV do something!
Old 27-06-2007, 02:40 PM   #12
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

This would tie in with the rumoured 310-320kw Bathurst GT release wouldn't it?

If it does I would say Ford have already planned their response and it's pretty miserable.......

EDIT ^^^ beaten to it
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 02:42 PM   #13
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsta
Interesting times ahead, will FPV have the 'Bathurst Cobra' beefed up as release dates seem to be close to each other???
FPV do something!
The first problem with that theory is that THERE IS NO NEW FALCON COUPE.
Old 27-06-2007, 02:46 PM   #14
Mr Mooch
Mr Mooch

Default My biggest fear is the Pollies

I can see it now. "Federal Minister declares the new GTS a dangerous weapon".
Then there will be all the hoo har regarding high powered cars and how they are causing Global Warming and killing small children and before you know it Ford's V10 400KW GTHO will be killed off before it see the light of day.
Been there and done that in the 70's.

Mr Mooch :
Old 27-06-2007, 02:48 PM   #15
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
but at only 150 to be made....yes it maintains exclusivity to the model but hardly warrants it being a full blown production class IMO.
Yes but within 12 months of the LE you will be able to buy one off the shelf.. :
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 02:48 PM   #16
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by apolloxbgt
Why would you compare a 45k xr8 or 60k gt to a 150k gts?As you said,if this is true they'll be aiming for m3's,not gt's.
More a comparision against what would be achievable from a second hand Ford/FPV if you wanted a car that would keep up with this GTS 427. An F6 would be the only car which would still look stock and with minimal mods be competitive where as a XR8 or GT would need serious mods and would be very obvious that it had serious mods.
Old 27-06-2007, 02:48 PM   #17
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

**** yeah
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 02:51 PM   #18
billsta

No we all know it won't be coupe, it will be a white GT with blue stripes and not much else after their last effort.
I'd love to see the real world figures of the car when it comes out.
Trust me when I see one I will hunt it down in my stock looking F6 and give them the fright of their life!
Old 27-06-2007, 03:02 PM   #19
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaturbo
is expected to be by far the fastest Australian production car ever built.
With all american parts! : Who cares? It'll handle like a dog on lino! :
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 03:02 PM   #20
SPK-250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If FPV wanna take the fight to HSV they should just build some 1000hp 4.0's and go for a total K.O. :
Old 27-06-2007, 03:10 PM   #21
burnz
VFII SS UTE

most likely to be shelved.
(bullet's on wheel's) headline's again killed the torana/gtho
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 03:13 PM   #22
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman6
VE handle like a dog on lino? Have you even driven a VE? Or have you been living under a rock for the past 12 months? Wake up mate.
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #23
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman6
We have a VE Calais V8 and it handles quiet well for a car of its weight / power, i find it alot more exciting then my BA XR6 was!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 03:20 PM   #24
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz
VE handle like a dog on lino? Have you even driven a VE? Or have you been living under a rock for the past 12 months? Wake up mate.
He means at those power levels....

It's a limited production run and there will hardly be any on the street...
G.M are good at this sort of marketing....
Like the Monaro 427 a few years back...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 03:25 PM   #25
XRated
Shoot.

Give the kid a break, he's only 12 or something!!

HSV knows how to market in every way possible, this is just going to cement their status as the number one Aussie V8 sedan maker. Good on them. If you've got it; flaunt it :P

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 03:30 PM   #26
FPV

The LS1 forums are saying that the HSV MD denied that a HSV GTS-R will debut in october, nor will an LS7 powered car. I would like to see this car launched, something to compare to the M5 and E63. Of course the new Audi RS6 will raise the benchmark soon when it debuts at the Frankfurt motor show with 426kw. HSV did it before with the 2000 VTII GTS, so there has been a precedent set. They have the technology to cope with the power as well, the MRC suspension system will get better as its developed more, HSV will probably offer multiple settings for the system to provide better drivability.

Sooner or later there will be models from both HSV and FPV that have power > 350kw, the only thing is when they are released the germans would have moved the goal posts that much further again. FPV seems to run a generation behind with there engine development, the BOSS 290 would have faired well back in 1999-2002 when the M5 and E55 were producing 250-300kw, but now its 350kw+ to play the supersedan game. Its acceptable since FPV has only released a range of cars through one model lifecycle, it will get better as the Falcon develops. I guess Ford fans will have to wait till Orion debuts before FPV can really show what they can do, hopefully FPV foresee the future power outputs and don't come out with a flagship with 330-350kw in a market where all flagships have 400+kw.

If this GTS-R is launched, it will provide a bit more push for FPV to develop a similar vehicle in the future as it will not only show that there are people willing to buy such vehicles but also at a significantly higher price compared to the rest of the model range.
FPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 03:36 PM   #27
StookEB

General Motors have a view variety of crate motors to use, most of them seem to be from the Corvette or similar though, which means it will to be more suited to racing.
What motors do FORD have???
The only real choice is the American Ford GT supercharged engine!!!
Old 27-06-2007, 03:37 PM   #28
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mooch
I can see it now. "Federal Minister declares the new GTS a dangerous weapon".
Then there will be all the hoo har regarding high powered cars and how they are causing Global Warming and killing small children and before you know it Ford's V10 400KW GTHO will be killed off before it see the light of day.
Been there and done that in the 70's.

Mr Mooch :
Somebody should tell Evan Green.......oh crap, he's dead
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 03:42 PM   #29
burnz
VFII SS UTE

"funny" holden may import the corvett
with a 650kw supercharged 7.0lt
according to drive magazine
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 04:04 PM   #30
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

They are talking about the gearbox being a Corvette Z06 box. The Corvette gearbox is a transaxle g’box (at the back of the car), I don’t know if that will fit up front in the VE’s transmission tunnel. Also HSV will have to engineer a prop shaft to replace the Z06’s torque tube

There have been a few 7.0 litre V8 conversions in to VZ, what gearbox did they use? Hollinger?
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post