Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 22-07-2006, 06:44 PM   #1
Trinno
Motocrosser

Default pictures

Can someone please help with putting pics up here please???

Trinno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2006, 06:51 PM   #2
rodderz

Gday Trinno

If you have the image saved on your PC, make sure it isnt too big. (600 x 600 pixels seems to work good). Click on the "manage attachments" button when you post reply or start a new thread. Attach your pics and upload them.

If the pics are from another site, select the "insert URL" and insert the web address of the pic you want to link to. To get this right click the pic and copy the link location

Alternatively, go to this thread that b2tf has put together http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20569

Need any more help, sing out
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 03:40 PM   #3
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinno
Can someone please help with putting pics up here please???
Hi mate

You can do it two ways.

1. You can use the "manage attachment" option at the bottom of the box when you are typing a post. You click that button, then browse your computer for a pic and upload it. It will appear as an attachment in your post in the thread. If someone clicks on the attachment, the image will enlarge.

2. You can store your images on another site, say Photobucket (search using Photobucket under Google and it will take you to that website - I think it is www.photobucket.com). Open an account in Photobucket and then upload all of your pics there into your album. Then all you need to do when you want to put a pic in at full size is to copy the image link (which includes the img instruction) into your post. When you submit the post, the pic will appear automatically in full size in the thread.

Hope this helps.

Jac

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #4
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20569
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 06:43 PM   #5
Doogstar
B-Series Moderator

I think a better option than hosting your pics at Photobucket or similar, is to host the images in your own website space that your ISP normally provides with your internet package. You can then use the image link in your post.

That way the images don't expire, that can be annoying if you are looking up old posts and you can't see the pictures.

380rwkw - 11.68 @ 120.94mph 60ft=1.97
Custom Tune, Exhaust. injectors.1.2K Plazmaman 1.2K Plenum kit

Now with bigger turbo and 426rwkw.
Doogstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 09:12 PM   #6
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogstar
I think a better option than hosting your pics at Photobucket or similar, is to host the images in your own website space that your ISP normally provides with your internet package. You can then use the image link in your post.

That way the images don't expire, that can be annoying if you are looking up old posts and you can't see the pictures.
LOL I didnt even know you could do that! Good idea though! I dont know if I have that option though, with dial up...

Old 23-07-2006, 10:45 PM   #7
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Another good site I just came accross is http://www.safeimage.net/ the image size limit is 10MB, so if someone wants to see high res pics you can upload them there. Photobucket is good to show people what pics you have and then Safeimage is good to upload high res versions, as with photobucket there is a 250kb image file size limit. Photobucket lets you create albums, Safeimage doesn't.

Here's an example of a safeimage uploaded pic - http://www.safeimage.net/uploads/53794e4787.jpg
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 11:14 PM   #8
Doogstar
B-Series Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
LOL I didnt even know you could do that! Good idea though! I dont know if I have that option though, with dial up...
Hey XRCHIC, check with your ISP, most have it, even on dial-up. I have 10MB of space, if you keep the file size of your photos down to about 50KB, you can fit about 200 images in that space.

For those of you who have trouble re-sizing your pics, try this free software:

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

It is very simple to use and will let you re-size multiple images in batches.

380rwkw - 11.68 @ 120.94mph 60ft=1.97
Custom Tune, Exhaust. injectors.1.2K Plazmaman 1.2K Plenum kit

Now with bigger turbo and 426rwkw.
Doogstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 11:29 PM   #9
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

I really like Easy Thumbnails.
http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/index.php

Also free and you can resize images to any size you want and in batch aswell.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 11:51 PM   #10
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Hey Tornado, I have been using Easy thumbnails since I was in school. Great little program.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2006, 01:15 AM   #11
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogstar
Hey XRCHIC, check with your ISP, most have it, even on dial-up. I have 10MB of space, if you keep the file size of your photos down to about 50KB, you can fit about 200 images in that space.

For those of you who have trouble re-sizing your pics, try this free software:

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

It is very simple to use and will let you re-size multiple images in batches.
Cheers dude, Im going to look that up tomorrow... Im such a doofus with these sorts of things! LOL