Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 03-05-2006, 10:02 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default I'm selling

........unless something starts to go right and not stuff up or require attention with this damn car.

1st up it was the brakes, fair enough they had to be done though.

Now im finding big puddles underneath the car, I reckon it's the coolant cos its getting lower and lower. This isnt good cos it means $80 to get coolant flushed and replaced (get the red crap out of the asap), and if theres puddles underneath the car it's got to be coming from somewhere. yay.

Getting very tired of the general slowness of the thing too. The trans just has a mind of its own, will shift beautifully and run really well sometimes, then it'll just do stupid things and drive like a fat-butt grandma car.

Took a BA ute for a drive today and frankly I was not happy about having to drive the Focus home, didnt want to get back in it. Im tired of not being able to find performance mods cos its an auto, and because everyone up here asks "don't you mean Festiva" whenever you enquire about performance parts. I'm generally pretty fed up.

[end rant]

Old 03-05-2006, 10:07 PM   #2
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Yeah, I would be too.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:13 PM   #3
Damo
Banned

^^^ LOL.

The coolant issue is probably just a hose, all cars have wear and tear. And Brakes need to be done occasionaly.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 10:45 PM   #4
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Why didnt you just buy a different car in the first place
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 11:16 PM   #5
amlohac

I had the coolant problem, but it was under waranty when it happened. Lucky too cos the cocks at the ford i used to take it too couldnt diagnose a flat tyre. Anyway it was 3 hoses and clamps (apprently the stock ones are house?) and some weird little module, probably used to move the coolant about.

Anyways long story short, im always looking for a new car cos the focus is graduallys becoming to small and im not able to go to the snow in it (very avid boarder here)
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2006, 11:39 PM   #6
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
........unless something starts to go right and not stuff up or require attention with this damn car.

1st up it was the brakes, fair enough they had to be done though.

Now im finding big puddles underneath the car, I reckon it's the coolant cos its getting lower and lower. This isnt good cos it means $80 to get coolant flushed and replaced (get the red crap out of the asap), and if theres puddles underneath the car it's got to be coming from somewhere. yay.

Getting very tired of the general slowness of the thing too. The trans just has a mind of its own, will shift beautifully and run really well sometimes, then it'll just do stupid things and drive like a fat-butt grandma car.

Took a BA ute for a drive today and frankly I was not happy about having to drive the Focus home, didnt want to get back in it. Im tired of not being able to find performance mods cos its an auto, and because everyone up here asks "don't you mean Festiva" whenever you enquire about performance parts. I'm generally pretty fed up.

[end rant]
XR5 on order then?
MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 12:00 AM   #7
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

My Fiesta (diff car) had a water pump issue - made the coolant leak when the car was on. It was sorted under warranty. Stayed there overnight and they handed the matter really well. Wish Renault was the same.... should I say more?!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post