Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 07-09-2011, 02:15 AM   #1
EUniqe
Starter Motor

Default Questions about my focus

Hey everyone, nice to meet y'all.

Got a few questions about my focus;

- been meaning to perform my own oil changes, only problem is i can't find the oil filter. The engine bay has a flat undertray, i assume that it requires dissasembly to access the sump plug and thus also to the oil filter. can anyone with a TDCi confirm?

- a mate tells me one of my headlights is really bright, as in misallined and shining too high. Could someone explain the method of levelling the headlights? or is it fixed?

Old 07-09-2011, 03:16 AM   #2
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Questions about my focus

You need to remove the flat plastic tray under the engine. The sump plug requires a hex key of 8mm I recall.
The oil filter is located inside a plastic housing at lower front of the engine.
It is a paper element supplied with a large rubber ring seal that goes on the lip of the screw lid of the housing. Which is opened by a socket from the top screwed anti clockwise.
Air filter requires genuine ford part on TDCI as no after market is made.
The fuel filter is the similar arrangement to the oil filter but is a ***** to bleed the system. Diesels do not like air in the fuel system.
I found the Haynes manual #4807 Diesel Focus 2005-2009 most useful.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2011, 07:26 AM   #3
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...il+change+tdci

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ght+adjustment

On my 2011 Focus there are 2 small white plastic hex head adjustment screws (they also have a phillips head slot in the centre) which apply to each pair of lights, both drivers side and passengers side, one adjusts each pair of lights together (low beam and high beam)from side to side and the other adjusts them both together up or down. As most new lights are twin headlights they are mounted together in a cluster so unlike some older cars there is no individual adjustment for each beam. I had mine adjusted by the dealer but due to the fact the low beam was almost useless and possums kept dropping in front of me out of the trees when the high beam was on I ended up adjusting them myself. They are actually very good lights if they are adjusted properly

Last edited by Russ; 07-09-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Thanks for that Marg99. You actually answered some questions that I was also pondering when scratching around under the bonnet last week that prompted my "Has my oil been changed" thread.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
Turbodiesel
Torquer

The biggest problem I had was finding somewhere to buy the filter from, I had to get it from Ford in the end. Other than that the job is simple, make sure you have a big container, the car has a 5.5 litre sump.

2007 LT Focus TDCi S
Bluefin Remap - K&N Apollo CAI - 2.5" Turbo-back Straight Pipe - 24mm Rear Sway bar - LT Zetec Bodykit - Black Projector Head Lights - LED Tail lights - DMB Overlays - Alloy Pedals - Scuff Plates - Sports Gear Knob - LV XR5 Springs - LV XR5 Wheels - Pirelli P-Zero Nero
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #6
EUniqe
Starter Motor

okay thanks everyone, all questions answered

And yeah sorry russ, should have searched in the first place :P
Old 07-09-2011, 07:23 PM   #7
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUniqe
okay thanks everyone, all questions answered

And yeah sorry russ, should have searched in the first place :P
No worries mate, yeah there's not much that hasn't already been covered somewhere on this Forum, failing that Google is also your friend
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post