Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 25-11-2020, 03:43 PM   #7951
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
And then Wagga residents.......
You could get banned for that...

This user likes this post:
Old 25-11-2020, 03:51 PM   #7952
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
You could get banned for that...

As you may have noticed I go easy on our speshul members.
Old 25-11-2020, 05:39 PM   #7953
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostly_broncos View Post
it looks like all of Australia has 12 new cases of covid today , 27,000 total

the state I live in , Massachusetts has about 2500 new cases today , 211,000 so far . Massachusetts is tiny No one seems particularly nervous here , the kids are in school 2 1/2 days ( should be every day) , stores are all open , people wear masks in the stores but I don't see anyone wearing masks outside

You all need to relax open up fully and get on with your lives .

12 cases a day on an entire continent is effectively a hoax , seriously I think my town has 12 new cases a day
As you said Massachusetts is tiny; sadly over 10 000 people have died from Covid 19. It is out of control so that number will increase unfortunately.

Australia is huge, but 71% of our 25 million population live in big cities.
We have had 907 deaths and we have the pandemic under control.
The 12 cases are returning travellers all in Quarantine.

We are opening up and getting on with our lives.
Old 25-11-2020, 06:01 PM   #7954
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Without anyone locally getting infected, and without anyone dying. Last death recorded was 28th Oct (2 people), and before that was 19th Oct (1 person). Thank you.

Dear Massachusetts.....
Old 25-11-2020, 06:51 PM   #7955
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Returned Australians.

just like NZ still allowed its citizens to return.
which is another way of saying "overseas travelers" - jesus, it can't be that hard can it???????
Do you really think that it is a rational logical response?

Quote:
Scomo and co, blah blah blah, Dan Andrews slurp slurp slurp.........
here we go again with the personal attacks, start losing the debate so you play the man not the ball, so typical, so bloody typical. I really just shake my head
Old 25-11-2020, 07:04 PM   #7956
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Don't be second class, go Gold Class - Get on The Vaccination Train!

SA Premier to ask National Cabinet to introduce pre-flight coronavirus testing for returning travellers

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-...ights/12918820
2 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2020, 07:13 PM   #7957
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Don't be second class, go Gold Class - Get on The Vaccination Train!

SA Premier to ask National Cabinet to introduce pre-flight coronavirus testing for returning travellers

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-...ights/12918820
It won't be an Australia only decision. Nations will have to agree on a protocol to accept each other flying in and out.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 25-11-2020, 07:14 PM   #7958
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
National Cabinet to ask ScoMo to ensure that people coming in from OS must have a vaccination certificate before they board planes bound for Australia.
The way things are going it could be that Countries will be asking for some sort of proof of vaccination before allowing foreigners in.
Old 25-11-2020, 07:16 PM   #7959
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
which is another way of saying "overseas travelers" - jesus, it can't be that hard can it???????
Do you really think that it is a rational logical response?

here we go again with the personal attacks, start losing the debate so you play the man not the ball, so typical, so bloody typical. I really just shake my head
Yep fair enough, except again who is losing? You were saying that they should have done the same as NZ - they enacted the same rule within 1 day ( just allowing those already in the air to land). They both had the same return of citizens.

So are you saying that NZ’s system was wrong too now? Cause I can tell you, the only difference was the way the Vic government botched the details. Fact. Obvious.
You asked for the facts, i gave you the fact and the link - yet you ignore it like it doesn’t exist.

I will ask you this, if you had a son of a daughter who was overseas when this flared up, you would be ok with our government marooning them in another country for 6 months plus, not providing a quarantine system to get them home?

Last edited by tweeked; 25-11-2020 at 07:28 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2020, 07:53 PM   #7960
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

I agree 100% with Steven Marshall's plan to separate the positive returnees, from the negative returnees. This should be done nationally. It greatly reduces the chances of further spread.
Quote:
  1. All positive COVID cases will be transferred from medi-hotels to a dedicated health facility
  2. Security at that site will be provided exclusively by SA Police and protective security officers
  3. Staff working there will not be deployed to other medi-hotels, or high-risk environments, including aged care facilities or hospitals
  4. Instead, they will have access to SA's Hotel for Heroes facility, giving them the option of resting away from their homes
  5. SA Health will discuss the strategies with the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee
  6. National Cabinet will be asked to consider testing all returning Australian citizens prior to their flights
  7. The Peppers medi-hotel will be "thoroughly deep cleaned"
  8. International arrivals for returning Australians will only resume once the previous strategies have been implemented
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-...uster/12917858
Old 25-11-2020, 08:00 PM   #7961
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yep fair enough, except again who is losing? You were saying that they should have done the same as NZ - they enacted the same rule within 1 day ( just allowing those already in the air to land). They both had the same return of citizens.

So are you saying that NZ’s system was wrong too now? Cause I can tell you, the only difference was the way the Vic government botched the details. Fact. Obvious.
You asked for the facts, i gave you the fact and the link - yet you ignore it like it doesn’t exist.

I will ask you this, if you had a son of a daughter who was overseas when this flared up, you would be ok with our government marooning them in another country for 6 months plus, not providing a quarantine system to get them home?
ease up a bit on the personal attacks mate.... ..
Old 25-11-2020, 08:12 PM   #7962
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
no I wouldn't like it, but the reality is, it would have been for the greater good. If the gates were shut SHUT, there would be 800+ people alive today (save a few who would have died of something else), the economy would be doing far better than it is right now, people would have traveling, buying, shopping, working, traveling interstate etc. So, you tell me would it have been so bad to shut SHUT the border? Take your blinkers off and think about Australia with no risk of COVID?
Old 25-11-2020, 08:13 PM   #7963
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
ease up a bit on the personal attacks mate.... ..
sarcasm is the lowest form of wit
Old 25-11-2020, 08:52 PM   #7964
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
was that a personal attack

#oscarwilde
2 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2020, 09:24 PM   #7965
Trevor 57
is now there

VT Commodore
Old 25-11-2020, 09:56 PM   #7966
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
VT Commodore
2 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2020, 10:07 PM   #7967
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

A further example of Dan the man being TOTALLY outta touch with small business realities....
Combine this madness with their already existing Covid struggles, and this levy (TAX) will be the final nail in the coffin for many!
(Thank Christ I’m now outta his clutches!)
https://amp.theage.com.au/national/v...23-p56h7w.html
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 25-11-2020, 10:10 PM   #7968
Trevor 57
is now there

I don't understand the timing of that
Old 25-11-2020, 10:19 PM   #7969
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
A further example of Dan the man being TOTALLY outta touch with small business realities....
Combine this madness with their already existing Covid struggles, and this levy (TAX) will be the final nail in the coffin for many!
(Thank Christ I’m now outta his clutches!)
https://amp.theage.com.au/national/v...23-p56h7w.html
yea nah

#bigtrev
Old 25-11-2020, 10:42 PM   #7970
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
I don't understand the timing of that
It’s called “feck evil employers” and bending over for his trade union buddies....
From a man that’s never experienced a day’s “proper” employment in his life (let alone owned or ran a business!)
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
4 users like this post:
Old 26-11-2020, 12:26 AM   #7971
mostly_broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
As you said Massachusetts is tiny; sadly over 10 000 people have died from Covid 19. It is out of control so that number will increase unfortunately.

Australia is huge, but 71% of our 25 million population live in big cities.
We have had 907 deaths and we have the pandemic under control.
The 12 cases are returning travellers all in Quarantine.

80% of the deaths were in assisted care nursing homes etc. They let the virus in to these places. Basically opened the door , pushed the grim reaper inside and locked the doors.

Maybe these places are different down under? Here they are the most extractive facilities in the health care "industry" In can cost 500 dollars a day and often much more to waste away and die in a nursing home here.

The ****tiest managers doctors nurses in minimum numbers , minimum cleaning staffs with the least training. Over worked , under paid , chronically understaffed at all times.

My uncle broke his hip in 2012 and was sent to one to rehab for 3 weeks , he caught pneumonia and stopped eating and a volunteer approached me one day when I was visiting and said "you need to get him out of here , or he will die" A volunteer ! He had 1 week left but I managed to get him out and get coverage by visiting nurses and he improved rapidly.

2 years later I asked him about the place and he had no memory of being there at all

Think about the business model its terrifying , every client that enters leaves by dying and from a business perspective the sooner the better.

Well the covid thing has exposed all these places , how wretched they are how poorly run , how much money they make. The people that run them should all be in prison.

this is an early story from last February ! these people were Veterans of America's forever war

https://www.militarytimes.com/vetera...massachusetts/

This happened all over the North eastern US Mass , New York , New Jersey death tolls dwarf the rest of the country. All densely populated "richer" very solidly democratic leaning states , which have the most corrupt local governments. The amount of CYA going on is breathtaking . That is why the populace is fed up .

We have stay at home orders and we see the governors , and other politicians ignoring them . The rules only apply to the proles

Blue states are doing far worse than red states overall.

The news blames everything on Trump but this is a state level issue
2 users like this post:
Old 26-11-2020, 04:52 AM   #7972
Trevor 57
is now there

the aged care here sits under federal legislation and in the most part peoples money is protected, however the care varies from private provider to the next with little to no oversight

In Victoria, the oversight during COVID by the Federal Government was appalling, so bad that the State Government had to step in to save peoples lives

In Australia, it is a 'user pays' system, the aged person (if they have money behind them) hands it over to the Aged Care Provider (ACP), the ACP MUST put the money in a trust (can't be touched, no interest paid), the ACP can take from memory 4 payments of $5000 and that it, the aged person contributes about 85% of the Federally funded (read: taxpayer funded) aged pension to their ongoing care. Obviously the profit seeking ******** ACP's can provide very cheap services. meals, care, etc to increase their profit margins, this is what happened with COVID-19 and why we had so many deaths, the dodgy ACP's were not up to providing the level of care required

Oh, if the aged person has no money behind them, they still get a spot, that is guaranteed

When the aged person dies, the remainder of the money that is held in trust is given to the family, the aged pension ceases obviously

Last edited by Trevor 57; 26-11-2020 at 05:01 AM.
Old 26-11-2020, 05:10 AM   #7973
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

That’s quite different to the NSW model (and as you’ve described it, much cheaper), however there remain the enormous differences from one provider to the next. It’s challenging to not believe there were actually people in charge of decisions at some facilities who favoured the idea of everyone becoming infected.

[To compare, entry fee (“RAD”) $300K, daily rate (special care; eg dementia or other incapacity) $82.33, surcharge for extra facilities/services (where facility is ratified to offer, eg onsite therapies) $59.29, all assuming you are receiving government assistance which is on top of the above.]

Last edited by Citroënbender; 26-11-2020 at 05:19 AM.
Old 26-11-2020, 08:15 AM   #7974
Metdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostly_broncos View Post
The news blames everything on Trump but this is a state level issue
The global pandemic is a state-level issue?

Sure, different states are going to need different rules, after all, 80% of the US population occupy only 20% of the landmass. Pareto Principle and all. NYC is going to require different care to upstate NY.
But there is a minimal level of interest that the leader of the country as a whole should be showing which isn't found on a golf course...

However, when your country looks like this, it's no longer a 'state-level' issue...

The US is literally the only place in the world where Covid is a matter of politics and not public health.
(Also, GTFO of here with this blue/red state BS, Texas has more cases than any other state, and the states with the highest case:population ratio are the Dakotas, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Nebraka. Republicans lose 4-1...)
2 users like this post:
Old 26-11-2020, 09:05 AM   #7975
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
That’s quite different to the NSW model (and as you’ve described it, much cheaper), however there remain the enormous differences from one provider to the next. It’s challenging to not believe there were actually people in charge of decisions at some facilities who favoured the idea of everyone becoming infected.

[To compare, entry fee (“RAD”) $300K, daily rate (special care; eg dementia or other incapacity) $82.33, surcharge for extra facilities/services (where facility is ratified to offer, eg onsite therapies) $59.29, all assuming you are receiving government assistance which is on top of the above.]
There is some very good ACP's here, but BUPA ones have a terrible name, don't give a **** about the people, just profit, profit, profit

Regional ACP's have become popular due to a better level of care, and generally not associated with the BUPA's of the world
Old 26-11-2020, 09:12 AM   #7976
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metdevil View Post
The global pandemic is a state-level issue?

Sure, different states are going to need different rules, after all, 80% of the US population occupy only 20% of the landmass. Pareto Principle and all. NYC is going to require different care to upstate NY.
But there is a minimal level of interest that the leader of the country as a whole should be showing which isn't found on a golf course...

However, when your country looks like this, it's no longer a 'state-level' issue...

The US is literally the only place in the world where Covid is a matter of politics and not public health.
(Also, GTFO of here with this blue/red state BS, Texas has more cases than any other state, and the states with the highest case:population ratio are the Dakotas, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Nebraka. Republicans lose 4-1...)
We are not like the USA in many ways, however the States here do have the power under our Constitution to run State affairs, they control their borders, health, education, law enforcement

The Feds control the international borders, a national health approach, education approach etc, but in reality the States do what they want

What helped here in the early stages was that the State leaders got together with the Federal leaders on a very regular basis to try to have a uniform approach (no red vs blue), the Feds offered support when they could, obviously the Feds control the military for example. This worked in the most part through the worst of the pandemic, but the States started to do what they wanted to do and the Feds had no power to intervene - this very thing was a wake-up call to many Australians who had no idea 'how' Australia actually ran

I reckon this is what is missing in the USA, a combined effort working collaboratively to get the problem solved. Your No. 1 leader doesn't seem to give a **** and just tweets his life away. Too busy playing Party politics (Dems vs Repubs) to take a National approach to trying to ix the issue, or at least save peoples lives
Old 26-11-2020, 10:57 AM   #7977
mostly_broncos

Quote:
We are not like the USA in many ways, however the States here do have the power under our Constitution to run State affairs, they control their borders, health, education, law enforcement

The Feds control the international borders, a national health approach, education approach etc, but in reality the States do what they want

What helped here in the early stages was that the State leaders got together with the Federal leaders on a very regular basis to try to have a uniform approach (no red vs blue), the Feds offered support when they could, obviously the Feds control the military for example. This worked in the most part through the worst of the pandemic, but the States started to do what they wanted to do and the Feds had no power to intervene - this very thing was a wake-up call to many Australians who had no idea 'how' Australia actually ran

I reckon this is what is missing in the USA, a combined effort working collaboratively to get the problem solved. Your No. 1 leader doesn't seem to give a **** and just tweets his life away. Too busy playing Party politics (Dems vs Repubs) to take a National approach to trying to ix the issue, or at least save peoples lives
The states here all did their own thing . Any blue state did the opposite of anything Trump may have wanted , took credit for whatever went well and blamed him for anything that went badly. The media constantly blame Trump for every single death . As though no one would have died if someone from team blue was president.

Its not correct to say its a dem versus republican thing though , the main stream republicans hate Trump too. Both parties are only there to wet their beaks at the trough they don't care about voters.
Old 26-11-2020, 11:18 AM   #7978
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Local pharmacy is coming out “free” sanitiser to regular clients. This one smelled pretty good, like it had potential. What a difference from when you couldn’t get it for love or money!

Old 26-11-2020, 12:27 PM   #7979
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Local pharmacy is coming out “free” sanitiser to regular clients. This one smelled pretty good, like it had potential. What a difference from when you couldn’t get it for love or money!

Must have bought a huge supply for Wang region see that one everwhere here for sale, its a little strong.
Good choice on the Bickfords BTW, buy that one when the raspberry isn't on the shelves.

Old 26-11-2020, 01:41 PM   #7980
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 23:59 GMT November 25th, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

7 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR drops to 3.256%. NSW recorded 4 cases and WA recorded 2.

1 new case and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.231% and active cases rise to 53.

The UK had a higher 18,213 cases yesterday. We know they are now not counting their mortalities by the WHO guidelines so we are going to ignore the CMR but even using their method they recorded 695 deaths.

Just over 177k new cases in the USA yesterday and 2,213 deaths sees CMR drop to 2.063% and active cases rise to 39% with the raw numbers rising and now over 5M. That's the highest daily mortality figure since early May. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Europe passes 16M cases;
Asia passes 16M cases;
North America passes 15M cases;
Global deaths set a new daily high of 11,889;
The USA completes 185M, India 134M, Germany 27M, UAE 16M, Canada 11M, Denmark 7M and Bahrain 2M tests.

Indonesia (5,534);
Serbia (7,579) - 11% above the high yesterday;
Mexico (10,794) - the previous high on August 2nd; and
Iran (13,843)

... all recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive days.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Closed Thread