Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 27-07-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
Ben85

Default Rough Idle???

Ok, just drove 1300kms, first tank was 98 ron with an injector cleaner, the last tank was 98ron again, and now when i pull up at lights etc the car feels like it wants to stall. Bad fuel? Spark plugs shot? Any ideas would be good. The sparks have been in the car for 50000kms, but they are Denso Iridium 100000km plugs.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

maybe have a look at the sparks... It could be bad fuel though. or if all else fails, take it to your mechanic. I'll have a look through my Haynes manual for ya to look for common probs though.
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Could be the air filter as well, mine is black after 30k and needs replacing.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2009, 12:34 AM   #4
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine's been like that for a while now. Would love to know why.
Old 28-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Not sure, but if your mixture is a bit rich, that might cause carbon deposits to form on your plugs.
(does that only happen to carby-equipped cars?)
(or do I just have my head up my ***?)

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #6
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Might need the ECU reprogrammed with new software. Ours was doing the same thing WS fiesta got it remapped and all is well.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #7
Ben85

Cleaned filter and changed plugs. All is well now. Hopefully. Fingers crossed.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Old 29-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #8
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Let us know Ben! I might stop being stingy and go get some parts to service the car with! (My wipers have been squeaking for the past 30,000kms!!!)
Old 29-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #9
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
Let us know Ben! I might stop being stingy and go get some parts to service the car with! (My wipers have been squeaking for the past 30,000kms!!!)
It seems to drive much much better now that it has some new plugs in it. The gap is suppose to be 1.3mm and i reckon the old ones i pulled out had spread themselves to over 2mm. I still have the factory wipers on my car after nearly three years and 81000kms. Still work like they were brand new.