Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-05-2021, 07:50 PM   #1
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default New Everest caught.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/955013/...-in-australia/

Last edited by Dr Smith; 25-05-2021 at 07:59 PM.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-05-2021, 09:40 PM   #2
xb74_black

Default Re: New Everest caught.

Cant stand the flat front truck fad. Not only is it ugly, but it impacts forward vision in tight spaces and is not good for pedestrians in an impact.
xb74_black is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-05-2021, 09:53 PM   #3
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

This will be great, thanks for the link Dr Smith.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-05-2021, 10:06 PM   #4
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lets put our new vehicle on the public roads for testing, its still under wraps, not officially launched yet so lets be quiet about it.
Oh yeah sure we have this camouflage stuff we can put on it ....no one will see it.

Why oh why do they all do this, stands out like horses pri*k I just do not understand.
Old 26-05-2021, 12:46 AM   #5
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
lets put our new vehicle on the public roads for testing, its still under wraps, not officially launched yet so lets be quiet about it.
Oh yeah sure we have this camouflage stuff we can put on it ....no one will see it.

Why oh why do they all do this, stands out like horses pri*k I just do not understand.
So it gains attention and gets people talking/excited about the new car! Marketing 101!

I like how they have addressed the rear of the car. It was its biggest let down.

Last edited by kypez; 26-05-2021 at 01:13 AM.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 26-05-2021, 01:10 AM   #6
EBSXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope Ford has improved rear seat headroom.
EBSXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2021, 01:13 AM   #7
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBSXR6 View Post
I hope Ford has improved rear seat headroom.
The console also kills leg room in the second row. Need one that allows your feet under it rather than it going all the way to the floor.

I want them to fix the front seat belts floor tether location. Second row passengers keeps kicking it!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2021, 03:16 PM   #8
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post

Can you actually see any of the details of the car beyond it's basic shape?

They have to be road tested. There is no way to avoid it. Road conditions vary so much that only the real world can provide accurate representation of what it will face every day in the hands of it's buyers. And it's too early to do a full product release.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-05-2021, 07:38 PM   #9
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post

They have to be road tested. There is no way to avoid it. Road conditions vary so much that only the real world can provide accurate representation of what it will face every day in the hands of it's buyers. And it's too early to do a full product release.
I thought Ford played it best with BA, releasing images of the car a couple of months early so the public could see it as it’s meant to be and not form opinions on beaten up prototypes, which after the images were released were barely disguised anymore. I wonder if they’ll do that here again.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2021, 09:46 PM   #10
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb74_black View Post
Cant stand the flat front truck fad. Not only is it ugly, but it impacts forward vision in tight spaces and is not good for pedestrians in an impact.
I love it. I hate rounded off front ends. It looks too soft for a tough 4x4
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 03:49 PM   #11
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
I thought Ford played it best with BA, releasing images of the car a couple of months early so the public could see it as it’s meant to be and not form opinions on beaten up prototypes, which after the images were released were barely disguised anymore. I wonder if they’ll do that here again.
From what I recall they released little bits and pieces in dribs and drabs. The gearshifter, an inner door handle, and headlight etc.

Need to remember in those days phones didn't have cameras in them, so the proto's nearly never got snapped. The way it was done doesn't really differ from now, just that there is nowhere to hide now with 99% of the population having a phone camera in their pocket.
3 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2021, 10:33 AM   #12
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post

Are you sure about that, the F-150 Lightning hasn't had a full release although it was an excellent reveal to date and it won't be on sale until 1st qrt 2022...sometimes a bit of hype early stops sales going to your opposition which can slightly counter the threat of stalling your own sales...and anyway....(on a purely selfish level) a few less Ranger sales could mean some components go towards certain Escapes on order with no build date..
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2021, 06:16 PM   #13
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

I like it.
Sort X3, Rolls Royce Cullinan, Aston Martin thingy.
Will it come in Green and black camouflage?
Old 28-05-2021, 06:24 PM   #14
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Are you sure about that, the F-150 Lightning hasn't had a full release although it was an excellent reveal to date and it won't be on sale until 1st qrt 2022...sometimes a bit of hype early stops sales going to your opposition which can slightly counter the threat of stalling your own sales...and anyway....(on a purely selfish level) a few less Ranger sales could mean some components go towards certain Escapes on order with no build date..
They are already taking orders for the Lightning though. And it’s a new product, not replacing an older model.

They took 40,000 reservations in 8 days after the release.
Old 28-05-2021, 07:03 PM   #15
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
The Lightning is a different situation, this version is an extension of the current F150 platform but
with a modified frame, widened to accept the bigger battery pack. The purpose behind the full reveal
was to assure buyers that Ford hadn’t messed too much with a successful styling formula.

New Everest is evolving to a squarer look, it’s something that will position Everest closer to Prado.
This point mustn’t be lost as it might be the change that opens Everest to a wider audience that in turn,
propels sales well above 1,000 per month.

I like it and I think Ford is on a winner.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post