Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-08-2013, 01:37 AM   #1
Dazz94
Starter Motor

Default Planning on buying a new Falcon

So, I have decided its time to trade in my BA xr6 and get a new one, but I'm unsure if I should bide my time and wait till the end of the year when prices may drop, so I was just wondering, how much should I get for my BA xr6 (average condition) and should I hold off till any sales come up? Also before people say wait till the 2014 model, I would love to but I think it would be a bit out of my price range, also Id love to get a turbo but can't due to p plate laws in queensland :(

Dazz94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2013, 02:03 AM   #2
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Planning on buying a new Falcon

Nope. Just jump in if that's what you want.

They are cheap for what you get. Large car, gets 10/100 on fuel runs 14 second quarters you can get a Luxury pack so adds Nav, 19's, Leather & Premium sound for mid 30's.

The minute the GovCo sort the FBT thing the excess stock will dry up, and prices will rise
Old 15-08-2013, 02:33 AM   #3
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

If I was in the market for one, I'd be buying right now; some great deals on offer at the moment.

It is however relative and you'll probably be disappointed with what you get trade in for your BA.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you wait you will only keep waiting until the FH comes out, they are cheap now to compete with holden, they are about $33000 driveaway but i'm sure you can get better if you call lots of dealers to get the best price.
sell you BA private they will prob only offer about $4-5k, even my local dealer have a nice blueprint xr6 for $8k
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
GQ_Smooth
Long live the inline 6

The FH is likely to be the same price as the run out FGII (look at what Holden is doing). Taking all that into account, the best time to buy a car is when you can most afford it. New models are likely to always be better than the old, so how long do you wait, you can we waiting for ever! But like most brand new models, it takes 3-6 months to work out all the little quality issues in production.

Just be aware your BA isn't worth all that much in today's market.

Hers
BFII Ghia
GQ_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
*ICEMAN*
Banned

im also planning on a new car. maybe the end of fg runnout deals. they will go for a steal.
*ICEMAN* is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you are close the Sunshine Coast I can help
Old 15-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #8
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Go and buy that beast and be happy..
Old 15-08-2013, 11:26 AM   #9
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

don't plan on buying an FG runout, dealers don't usually have stock so they don't make more than they need and by the time they start making the FH you will find it hard to find an FG anywhere and FH's should be pretty cheap to compete with commodores, just look out for a demo now and get a warranty extension thrown in as demo warranty starts from first rego.
my local dealer had 1 FG G6 ecoboost and 1 FG G6ET, they don't sell XT's, and XR6's have to be ordered, out of 4 dealers i visited last year only the local one had 2 falcons of any type the other 3 only get them on order.
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
AU Saloon Car racecar
Old 15-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #10
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8 View Post
don't plan on buying an FG runout, dealers don't usually have stock so they don't make more than they need and by the time they start making the FH you will find it hard to find an FG anywhere and FH's should be pretty cheap to compete with commodores, just look out for a demo now and get a warranty extension thrown in as demo warranty starts from first rego.
my local dealer had 1 FG G6 ecoboost and 1 FG G6ET, they don't sell XT's, and XR6's have to be ordered, out of 4 dealers i visited last year only the local one had 2 falcons of any type the other 3 only get them on order.
I can get you pretty much anything in plain XR6 auto. Manual is a bit harder. As long as the colour is current and not in run out.

Otherwise a build is the next step, easy!
Old 15-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
Dazz94
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t View Post
If you are close the Sunshine Coast I can help
I would if it's worth my while, cause its only like a 45ish minute drive cause I live in Kallangur which is just next to the highway in Brisbane. I just need to get my loan on the current car sorted, still have 9ish grand left cause I only bought it fairly recently (need something more reliable cause a little person will be joining my family soon ) so I'm gonna get a personal loan to cover whatever is left on my loan and whatever the car will cost after trade in.
Old 15-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #12
Trump
bitch lasagne

Wait until you get your full licence, then buy the turbo.
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #13
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep wait for fulls then go a turbo, if you don't need a sedan get an XR6T ute for $35k ($2k more than non turbo sedan) that way you can have lots of fun and it will be worth more than a sedan when you go to sell it.
200kw or for $2k more 270kw.....(but a ute)
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
AU Saloon Car racecar
Old 15-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #14
Dazz94
Starter Motor

I would but I'm still only on my red p's get my greens in January, I wish I would've not been a lazy ***** and got my l's when I first could've but too late for that now, and a sedan is a must at the moment due to the partner only driving a Swift and with a pram in the back, nothing else really fits well, so we'll need the sedan for any trips or even going weekly shopping.
Old 16-08-2013, 07:41 AM   #15
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

Sorry to rain on the parade of the brand new shiny car, but here's another point of view.....
Spend a few bucks on the BA if it needs it, rather than turning your current debt hole into
a debt grand canyon!
EB# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #16
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB92 View Post
Sorry to rain on the parade of the brand new shiny car, but here's another point of view.....
Spend a few bucks on the BA if it needs it, rather than turning your current debt hole into
a debt grand canyon!
This man does speak wisely.
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #17
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB92 View Post
a debt grand canyon!
This is exactly what I was thinking. You owe more on your current car than what its worth = you are definitely not even close to being in a position to buy any car, let alone a brand new one. Particularly with a baby on the way, it would be a good time to get a bit more financial.
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post