Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > Eurofordclub.com > EuroFordClub.com

EuroFordClub.com European Ford Owners Club of Australia forum

Old 05-02-2005, 09:48 PM   #31
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good news. I can make it to the cruise.

Hopefully someone will read this so if im late PLEASE WAIT FOR ME.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2005, 10:05 PM   #32
whippet_zetec
Supes

excellent.....we will wait for your Pieoter.

To cap it off, 9:00am Maccas Thornleigh, on Pennant Hills Road......we have Russ, Eddie, LeaAnne and Angry, Pieoter and Me confirmed...

remember your uhf, and see you all then
Old 05-02-2005, 10:20 PM   #33
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Hey all, only new to this site.... but i have a Ford Fiesta Zetec (www.cardomain.com/id/teki04) and was just wondering, what is the expected time of arrival for the cruise? Also, about how many cars usually go?
Cheers
Nice colour fiesta, looks good with those rims too. Make sure you check out www.eurofordclub.com for pics and other stuff on the club.

tomorrows cruise starts around 9:00am, everyone is meeting at that time give or take a few minutes on either side. If you have a UHF bring it along too as it makes it easier to direct turns along the way. The cruise will go as described above, we should be on the central coast by lunchtime, have a bite to eat, take some pics, have a chat then leave when you feel like.....

we are all pretty easy going and are a relaxed crew.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:56 PM   #34
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to Todd for organising the Cruise today. It was good to see everyone and meet up with Teki04. Hope to see you in the future. We did miss Timmeh, though!! Todd and I had a good run home. I followed him until his turn-off and I am glad I chose that route to go back to the Blue Mts. Lotsy, I hope you and Angry made it home o.k. Good to see you both. And nice to see Russ & Friend too.

The idea of a Hunter Valley Cruise appeals to me. Maybe I will organise to stay at my place at Budgewoi. There is plenty of room so if anyone wants to crash out with me, they are more than welcome. Something to think about. We'll just have to organise it well in advance.

Cheers, Fast Eddie.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 07:12 PM   #35
lotsy
Feisty

Great start to the new year - nice breezey course. Angry and I got home okay, i cracked the shits and installed the switch to my fog lamps. Getting a bit ansey. Anyhoo, thanks guys for a great day - we'll definetly have to do the hunter valley run. Also I would still like if we could do your run eddie maybe on a Saturday though? We'll see how this year unfolds.
lotsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 10:01 PM   #36
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was a great cruise even though I wasn't well awake when I arrived and missed you guys :(. It was good to see everyone and the cars again. I really enjoyed the twisty bits.

I don't know if you say me but I managed to catch up to you guys on the Freeway after I was left for dead on the on ramp.

If a Hunter Valley Cruise is going to go ahead I'd prefer it to be Late August or later due to "legality" issues.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2005, 11:13 PM   #37
whippet_zetec
Supes

Well today was a success, we have a good regular crew now, I enjoyed meeting up with you all again and the drive was pretty good (apart from those odd camry drivers). Probably could have chosen a better venue for lunch so next time we will keep that in mind. We did miss Tim but am sure he will be keen to get one going when he gets back from the Top End and he will be stoked that we got off our butts and did it without him.

Good to meet you Stephen (Teki04), great of you to come up and meet us all, hope you can make the next cruise.

I have put a couple of pics up here http://www.eurofordclub.com/gallery/1st-Cruise-for-2005

I have also put a couple of the pics as a selection onto this post.

Thanks to everyone for coming along today, you all made the day enjoyable. The run through the twisty section was great, with Russ, Pieoter and Me leading the pack. And yes Pietor we did (or at least I did) see you hauling *** along the F3 back up to us ;)

As for the Hunter Valley, all for it...although as discussed today I will be out of action April/May this year.

So in summary, 1st Cruise for 2005: SUCCESS
Pros: Great weather, great road, great group of people, and we did the first cruise for 2005!!!!
Could we make it better: YES, a few more cars and of course Timmy along for the ride.

Last edited by whippet_zetec; 06-02-2005 at 11:29 PM.
whippet_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 01:18 PM   #38
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Great to see a cruise without me in it! Good work to everyone who came, my apologies for not being there for obvious reasons!

Thanks to Todd for organising it, and to those who continue to support the club - great work guys, I hope you enjoyed it, and hopefully be able to make this club that much better when I get back and we can get all our new toys in place.

Just going thru the photos while I can - wish I was there and I look forward to a cruise when I get back! I think I lose my equal standing as having been at the most cruises now! Du'oh!

Regards... Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2005, 01:33 PM   #39
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Just a second post after looking thru the photos - good to see the new face / car on board - it's the Fiesta version of my car! Wheels and all!

G'day to Teki04 - welcome to the club, and nice car! Love the colour.

Ford seems to do well selling the Focus and Fiesta around here, probably due to both cars good high speed handling properties (open speed limits) and both being good on fuel (unleaded was $1.35 on the way from Darwin to Katherine).

Take it easy all and catch you later on.

Tim
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2005, 08:00 PM   #40
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

I so wanted to go to this but I had a corporate triathlon day on. Next time!
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post