Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2020, 07:49 PM   #11
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC View Post
As far as English speaking? why are we playing that card? we are in an English speaking country where we should all speak English or learn to speak English.

I will add if people need help with speaking English that there are plenty of people who will help. If People need some positive direction and or clarity, there are also plenty of people who will help. People just need to seek out and ask.
To be fair, it is a very relevant topic as there are literally thousands if not tens of thousands of non English speaking school children attending IELC's all around the country. Whilst I agree that we are an English speaking country and everyone should be able or learn to speak English, many of these children have had less than a whole term in these programs and therefore despite being fully prepared to learn, haven't had the time in the system to accomplish that.
Further to that, many of these children are refugee's who's parents are also non English speaking and have barely been here long enough to learn it themselves, I had quite a few kids on my bus who's parents attended English language courses whilst their kids we're doing the same.

Whilst I agree that there are avenue's to get help, many of these people are still dealing with trust issues due to their previous lives and so opening up to strangers for help is not always as easy as we would consider it.

Again, this is just the reality of the situation and driven by our desire for multiculturalism and giving those in need a chop out, this steady flow of immigration also helps prop up the property market so despite its challenges, it has its upsides..
This user likes this post: