Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 02-01-2006, 12:38 PM   #61
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lol @ scareybear

btw, mitch, if yours had the front mudguards on (is yours lowered?) would the mudguards just be above the ground?
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2006, 01:32 PM   #62
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinex
mitch i just came from uk and i c to many mk6
without airbox,they made hole on the bonet so they can have cold engine any time of the summer day and they can raice any time of the day even if its 40c
coming from the uk i'm guessing you would remember the last time it was 40 degrees celsius. because it must be an everyday occurence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Tinex, dude, not having a go, but I'm almost pulling my hair out in frustration reading your posts. They look like a child is at the helm of the computer. Can't you make them a little more coherent, and go over them before posting this SMS type of talk up here? Pleeease?

Maybe then people will take what you have to say more seriously.

-Dan
danny, you are having a go, dont say youre not. i'm having a go because tinex boy obviously wasnt very well educated over there in the wonderful lands of mother country.

tinex - air temperature isnt as big as youve made it out to be. volume of air is far more important, along with air velocity. thats why non-intercooled turbocharged motors still make more power than n/a vehicles, considering that the charged intake temperatures are well over 80-100 degrees.

so that extra 2 kw's that your hole in the bonnet gained is going to allow you to nail that golf GTi in a straight line? all that cold air is just wonderful isnt it? where are you coming from? oh thats right. read previous comments.

Quote:
more power more heat than neads more cold air or say goodbye to the engine
so im guessing your motor is air cooled as opposed to using a radiator? especially on those 40 degree days....

Last edited by joshf2; 02-01-2006 at 01:41 PM.
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2006, 01:38 PM   #63
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
danny, you are having a go, dont say youre not.
Umm, No. I wasn't at all.. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
i'm having a go because tinex boy obviously wasnt very well educated over there in the wonderful lands of mother country.
Well that wasn't very nice now was it?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2006, 01:51 PM   #64
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
Lol @ scareybear

btw, mitch, if yours had the front mudguards on (is yours lowered?) would the mudguards just be above the ground?
Mines lowered with 16s... and i have the front mudguards.... They are quite low (lower then 10cm if im not wrong). I have only ever scraped them everytime i go to a particular car park, where the speed hump is like 9cm tall and only about 9cm wide..... meaning the rear tyres do not go up before the fronts come down. But the benefit of not getting stone chips etc is well worth it

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 01:10 PM   #65
tinex

ok im running injectors from 2l focus
and comp.
if thats make u happy all
dont think its fast??????
tinex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #66
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

OooO. had it checked out on a dyno.. had its airfuel ratios checked etc???
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 07:45 PM   #67
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

after much thought.. i dont think the stock injectors would be maxed out with mild mods on a fiesta.. so i dont think there would be need to change injectors.

why did you do it? if im wrong please correct me and fill us all in..

also how did you go about adapting a computer from a different engine onto the fiesta 1.6? :S
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 05-01-2006, 10:05 PM   #68
joshf2
striped

he could be talking about decking the head for more compression. well, thats what i read into it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
OooO. had it checked out on a dyno.. had its airfuel ratios checked etc???
good call. stick it on a dyno. give it stick at WSID. just dont talk the talk if you wont walk the walk.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:58 AM   #69
tinex

ok kids you cars are the fastest here with you K&N filters,lowered,ohh yes allows,tint windows and yours bla bla bla
bye bye kids
tinex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 01:32 AM   #70
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
ok kids you cars are the fastest here with you K&N filters,lowered,ohh yes allows,tint windows and yours bla bla bla
bye bye kids
Haha, we are the Kids yea? I did not understand a word of what you just said! Most of it is spelt incorrectly with the wrong use of punctuation marks.

[in case you don't understand what i just wrote, ill translate it]

"Haha we kids ye what say you? Punctation use now"

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 10:21 AM   #71
joshf2
striped

Quote:
bye bye kids

dum dum dum.....another one bites the dust.....
Old 07-01-2006, 03:48 PM   #72
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
bye bye kids
**** blah **** blah blah...... :

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 09:22 PM   #73
0xyg3n

Lol you girls can be so mean sometimes.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #74
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Granddad parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xyg3n
Lol you girls can be so mean sometimes.

BS. man i was actually very curious to know about the injectors and comp.

i have absolutely no idea how the heck he could have got it to work but im very interested to know.
also with injectors, i dont think the standard injectors would be pushed passed their limit with basic mods, so i dont know why there would be a need to upgrade. but its very possible that i am wrong, its just that i havent heard of anyone in the uk upgrading injectors with only basic mods like airfilter etc etc.
i think there are people with full exhaust systems (inlcuding manifold) and good quality induction kits and they havent touched the comp or injectors.
but maybe tinex knows better, id love some insight into why he upgraded the comp and injectors, i wasnt being mean or sarcastic in my posts about it.

Please tinex, fill us in a little bit

Loads of fun :
Old 13-01-2006, 12:24 AM   #75
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

1 word. BULLSH1T

dont you know by now? its good to drown your motor in petrol! mmmm imagine running a custom manifold and a 800cfm carbie :P oh and dont you know the focus computer has pacman on it !

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post