Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 09-12-2005, 12:16 AM   #1
cosworthpower
Starter Motor

Default LX Fietsa how much should I pay?

Hiya all,

all new to this forum and was wondering if any Fietsa owners could help:

My parents are about to purchase a new LX 3 door Door (auto, with air, metallic and tint)

Was wondering what sort of figures I should be aiming at?

I visited two dealers here in Sydney today and they figures of around $19000-19500 on the road including the $1000 cash back offer for Dec. (What is the go with $1795 dealer delivery! : )

What should I be paying?

Any huge savings will result in a wild ride in my Cossie!!! :

cosworthpower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 02:19 AM   #2
Tripe

Hi CossworthPower

Dealers here in Brisbane are advertising the Fiesta LX Manual 3 door hatch for $15000 drive away which includes the $1000 cash-back offer.

So your Fiesta with options of $3000 auto, $500? tint and $200? metallic paint totals about $18700, driveaway, including the $1000 cash back. So your dealer is not far off...

Try and avoid having the windows tinted by the dealership as they charge double! And don't get any of the paint protection or sound deadening rubbish etc, it's a rort!

I'd advise to wait until after you get the car before you purchase Ford Genuine Accessories such as mats etc because Ford may send you a 10% discount voucher on parts like they did with me within 2 weeks of ownership.

Good luck!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 09:31 AM   #3
na01

Welcome to the forum cosowthpower

I was in the same shoes as you not long ago and bought a Feista Zetec. Can't say how much for LX but I paid 22K for mine with most of the upgrades. Includes tint, 16's alloy, spoiler, body kit etc.

Anyways look around but watch out for some nasty dealers. If you haven't looked at this thread have a read: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=28482

Good luck with your purchase!
na01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 10:38 AM   #4
BlackLS

Where are you located coosworth power
Old 09-12-2005, 02:23 PM   #5
Fez WQ

get the new model due in jan see the ford web site for prices
Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 06:29 PM   #6
cosworthpower
Starter Motor

hey, thanks for the replies.

Basically I need a car within the next couple of weeks max. I rang one dealer and they said they wont be expecting the new model until Feb next year.

na01: thanks for the tip, yeah I know all about dodgy dealerships and will go out of my way to avoid pushy salespeople and dodgy workshops (even if they are down the road)
BlackLS: I'm in Sydney.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:27 PM   #7
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Hey Vic,

Just to recap, I got Zetec, auto, spoiler, mats all on roads for $20000 and got mum to bargain with the poor sales person. So i would say you should be able to get it all done for under that.

Just go in and say what u wnat with no extras just base with on roads, then say can u do the same price with extras. I doubt they ever say no as they want ur business. Also go around to different dealers i went to 3 around sydney all had different prices but they priced matched with mine.

All the best in getting the Fez
Old 09-12-2005, 10:35 PM   #8
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Btw. Its Feista... not Festiva or Feitsa....

$21.5K on the road with rims, tint and alarm.... and euro plates.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 11:26 PM   #9
XSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
You mean Fiesta right
Old 09-12-2005, 11:29 PM   #10
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

hahaha :togo:
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2005, 02:10 AM   #11
Tripe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSR
You mean Fiesta right
LOL at Teki04! How could you, were you TUI? :
Old 10-12-2005, 09:09 AM   #12
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

LOL teki got rocked hard.

Always putting his foot in to make a statement. Please use a spell check before posting. :
Old 10-12-2005, 01:03 PM   #13
GROOV3
Rollin

you can have mine for $15k ono
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2005, 02:22 PM   #14
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default LX fiesta how much should i pay?

Quote:

$21.5K on the road with rims, tint and alarm.... and euro plates.

Wow teki :ticking:, you know our car aswell as the mechanics and salesmen down at local ford dealership!!! im impressed.
Maybe you should work there so you can **** me off everytime i go in and they say ''is that a Feista??'' :
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2005, 09:14 PM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

No pun intended guys.... you all have no sense of humour...

IT WAS A JK... at least you laughed, but i guess its not communicated well on the forums...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 11-12-2005, 02:04 PM   #16
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
No pun intended guys.... you all have no sense of humour...

IT WAS A JK... at least you laughed, but i guess its not communicated well on the forums...
I'm sure it was a joke. Guys, get over it, or this thread will be locked too. Guys driving little chick cars should not have their threads locked for b.itching like women. It looks bad dont we agree?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 05:47 PM   #17
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default LX fiesta. how much to pay..?

Yeah i knew it was a joke. hence the stab and sarcasm about people from ford.
They definately dont have a clue.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 11-12-2005, 06:28 PM   #18
Tripe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
I'm sure it was a joke. Guys, get over it, or this thread will be locked too. Guys driving little chick cars should not have their threads locked for b.itching like women. It looks bad dont we agree?
Danny

I'll agree that your thread looks bad!!!! IMO, there is no 'b.itching' in this topic, just a correction on the spelling of FIESTA which TEKI04 tried to make light of and failed.

You seem to have some major issues about driving a small, economical car? Why??? I've always driven small cars and I get annoyed at the idiots who say stuff like 'girls car' and 'milk and juice only come in 2 litres' etc. Especially when your driving the same car as me!!!!
Old 11-12-2005, 06:50 PM   #19
0xyg3n

Girls Girls Girls. Dont make me get out the jelly wrestling arena to sort this out. :P
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 07:23 PM   #20
na01

cosworthpower just get your self some popcorn and enjoy the replies to your Q's : Keep us posted how you went too
na01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2005, 08:17 PM   #21
Tripe

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xyg3n
Girls Girls Girls. Dont make me get out the jelly wrestling arena to sort this out. :P
LOL!!! ya funny bugger hehe.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:38 PM   #22
cosworthpower
Starter Motor

FIRSTLY: Its NOT CossworthPower, cosowthpower or coosworth power !!!!

na01: thanks mate, sure makes interesting reading!

I'm sure my friend Steve Scott from A1 Rallysport in the UK will be amused at the comment that a Fiesta is a girls car!! :thebirds:

His shopping trolley's times:

0 to 60 mph in 3.2
0 to 100 mph in 6.4
1/4 in 11.1 @ 133 mph

Keep it cool guys, I've been around a few different sorts of forums before and that if everyone keeps civil about things then peopel can benifit from things like saving a few hundred on a new car to making a few good buddies. (hi Damo!) Dont let this turn into a b*tchfest pls! :
Old 12-12-2005, 11:17 PM   #23
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripe
Danny

I'll agree that your thread looks bad!!!!
This ain't my thread. Go back to the first post to see whose thread it is.

Quote:
IMO, there is no 'b.itching' in this topic, just a correction on the spelling of FIESTA which TEKI04 tried to make light of and failed.
Go back and have a better read, there was some small hints of sarcastic snipes between a couple of the members that could have escalated into the personal "mud slinging" match like the one we saw in the locked thread. I've been around the old US and the AFF forums for a long time in eseries and the Fiesta Eurofordclub forums and that sort of crap no matter how minor or major DOES NOT look good anywhere. Think about it.

Quote:
You seem to have some major issues about driving a small, economical car? Why???
Because I'm comfortable and unfazed with the fact that I do in fact drive a lil red girls car. I like it because I know my reasoning behind my buying it. So I can very well pay myself out over it, and I happily do just that. I've done it from the very beginning on and off the forums. Does it really bother you? I'm sorry.

Quote:
I get annoyed at the idiots who say stuff like 'girls car' and 'milk and juice only come in 2 litres' etc. Especially when your driving the same car as me!!!!
Now whose got the issues with driving a small car Tripe? That sort of crap is part and parcel in a country like australia who value sixes and bent eights as their motoring meat and veg. Its something that you should learn to deal with.
Old 13-12-2005, 11:07 AM   #24
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Thats why we have to teach the mainstream aussie nuggets a thing or two. off the mark and through corners ;)

Loads of fun :
Old 14-12-2005, 01:40 PM   #25
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

a Quote from a RenaultSport Clio 182 F1 Edition owner:

"To my suprise Teki came up behind me on Swamp Rd and I was stumped to how he got there seeing as I was so far behind everyone. Apparently he continued after the turn off as well to the corners. I'm going to have to drive one of those Fiestas because I still can't get over how the little bastard in a 1.6L keeps up through the bends! You drive that thing well Teki, 10 points Looks like your BFGs are good tyres then too."

Girls car? Maybe... But it sure does show up alot of cars! Ill have you know i was on the **** of an M3 most of the twisties.... dunno if he was a great driver though

Old 14-12-2005, 07:07 PM   #26
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hunt through all the dealers your able to go to, then haggle :]

i've copped alot of "thats a girl's car helder!" from my friends and it doesn't bother me :] it saves petrol and it'll take me 3-4years for me to pay it off which is also the length of my degree (uni's about 1hr drive from home), so by the time i finish, i should have paid it off completely ^_^
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 08:37 PM   #27
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Girls car? Maybe... But it sure does show up alot of cars! Ill have you know i was on the **** of an M3 most of the twisties.... dunno if he was a great driver though
Nah, You and Helder are both dead right. It's definitely a chicks car for the real driver in us all. They really "knife" around corners!
Old 19-12-2005, 10:16 PM   #28
cosworthpower
Starter Motor

Hey people,

well we have a car... decision was between a ztec and a Honda Jazz Vti-S. Went with the Honda mainly due to positive past experiences. The Ford didn't get a tick due to Aaron's experiences with the Fiesta and backup from Ford and my own negative experience with a Zetec Focus.

Thanks to all that replied and look forward to meeting you at a cruise/Geelong Ford Day in the near future!
Old 19-12-2005, 10:32 PM   #29
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How's the Jazz go? I know literally next to nothing about them only that I know theres this hot girl that drives on :]
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-12-2005, 10:35 PM   #30
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Wow.... a Honda? Strange that all my parents Honda's have given us problems.... hence why i decided to move from the brand.... oh and their boring products at the moment (Bar the Euro and Type S). Honestly though.... with the Fiesta you would have possibly gotten the 5 year warranty on old stock. Not to mention Aaron was a one off.... just like i guess my parents car might be. Hey, i still suggest Hondas to some people.... but a Jazz?