Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 12-12-2006, 11:32 PM   #1
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default AU factory gas components into an EL

I have an EL wagon and have the opportunity to aquire an AU series 1 with factory gas. I know the motors are basically the same so the gas system should swap over ok but will the gas tanks in the wheel well of the AU fit into the EL wheel well. Also, will the EL ECU be ok or will I need a different one and what other bits might I need to finish the job like the switches and guages. Can I just use the AU ones or will I need to get EL factory gas switches and guages?
Any advise will be most appreciated.

Cheers
Bushbasher

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2006, 11:34 PM   #2
efgiar
rofl copter

gas doesnt use the ECU as it runs similar to what a carby motor would run like, fuel into the intake manifold. and most the other stuff will bolt up, not 100% on the tank but im sure it wouldnt take much to get it to bolt down

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #3
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

Dont waist your time..
If the car you are looking at has factory gas ( tickford gas)
then there is realy no parts you can use
if the car is a AU sedan and you want to put it into a EL sedan then yes the gas tank will Fit.
the factory gas system is wired into the cars wireing loom and is a REAL Pain to try and bypass.

Now if the AU has gas fitted aftermarket but still by ford it should be a IMPCO kit .. and if it is then yes it will all be good to use.
trick_xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post