spewin :(

the poor car hehe

There is no chin behind chuck norris's beard only another fist :p
berroca is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2008, 12:11 PM   #3
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Nice park...

If I were the owner of that house I'd be suing the bollocks off that idiot (or his insurer).
Old 25-07-2008, 12:16 PM   #4
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

Ford.....See the possibilities!!

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2008, 12:16 PM   #5
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

2 XR6T's the other day now an F6... Jeez not a good run for performance Cars the last few days..
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2008, 12:25 PM   #6
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Nice park...

If I were the owner of that house I'd be suing the bollocks off that idiot (or his insurer).
For what???...
I'm sure his insurance will pay for all repairs to the house, garden, fence etc..
Suing for a big payout only leads to bigger premiums that we all have to cop.
This is not the USA. We don't need to sue because someone put their hand on your shoulder, or stacked their car into your house!!
Old 25-07-2008, 12:38 PM   #7
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now how could someone lose control of a car and end up like that?

Alergy related sneeze attack?
Bee/wasp/spider in car attacks driver?
Reaction to bad food/drink eaten earlier?
Component failure on the vehicle?

Any of these or other reasons could be cause.

Or it could be drugs, speed, hoonism, doof doof, not enough cylinders, wrong badge on car or whatever story seems like a good idea at the time.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #8
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty4
For what???...
I'm sure his insurance will pay for all repairs to the house, garden, fence etc..
Suing for a big payout only leads to bigger premiums that we all have to cop.
This is not the USA. We don't need to sue because someone put their hand on your shoulder, or stacked their car into your house!!
There's a good chance the house will have to be demolished and completely rebuilt if its damaged badly enough. The insurance payout will be as small as they can get away with and would probably only cover the house, contents damaged and perhaps any personal injuries. It won't cover the fact that it will screw your life up in the mean time. I don't know if you could sue them or not, I suspect that if you accept an insurance payout from the driver's insurer that means you cannot sue them. But if you had enough money and legal might you could take the other party's insurer to court if you felt (or could prove) that the payout wasn't enough to make up for the fact that some fool just put his car through your house.
Old 25-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #9
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Now how could someone lose control of a car and end up like that?

Alergy related sneeze attack?
Bee/wasp/spider in car attacks driver?
Reaction to bad food/drink eaten earlier?
Component failure on the vehicle?

Any of these or other reasons could be cause.
It's gotta be micro-sleep, or.....speeding ZOMG!.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2008, 12:56 PM   #10
DeansXR8

i thought i heard on the news this morning it was a unmarked highway patrol?

but obviously not.

oh well, another nice car goooone.
DeansXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2008, 12:57 PM   #11
Benny
TTG Owner

I saw this on the morning news today. Was a 26yo driver. Anyone know of any 26yo FF members with a blue F6 that has become rather quiet today? :
Old 25-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #12
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Nice park...

And thats what is wrong with this country today. People are greedy and will sue for anything. Oh wow I have a bit of an inconvenience, lets take this to court, 100 thous shoud make it all better : .
FlipXW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #13
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Imagine waking up to see an F6 on its side up against your house.......!!! Not something you'd expect thats for sure
Old 25-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #14
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
There's a good chance the house will have to be demolished and completely rebuilt if its damaged badly enough. The insurance payout will be as small as they can get away with and would probably only cover the house, contents damaged and perhaps any personal injuries. It won't cover the fact that it will screw your life up in the mean time. I don't know if you could sue them or not, I suspect that if you accept an insurance payout from the driver's insurer that means you cannot sue them. But if you had enough money and legal might you could take the other party's insurer to court if you felt (or could prove) that the payout wasn't enough to make up for the fact that some fool just put his car through your house.
You can tell by the roof that it was not a major impact (or it would be crushed), likely that the wall would have to be rebuilt.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2008, 01:15 PM   #15
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
Imagine waking up to see an F6 on its side up against your house.......!!! Not something you'd expect thats for sure
Not something you'd expect but you have to see the opportunities. Wake up, F6 in your bedroom, no one to tell you that you can't strip all its goodies...
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2008, 01:18 PM   #16
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
Not something you'd expect but you have to see the opportunities. Wake up, F6 in your bedroom, no one to tell you that you can't strip all its goodies...

I was going to write that but i didn't want the AFF community to know about my thieving tendencies should a similar scenario arise!!! :evil3:
Old 25-07-2008, 01:20 PM   #17
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU

I was going to write that but i didn't want the AFF community to know about my thieving tendencies should a similar scenario arise!!! :evil3:
It's not theft if it is in your house, more a present
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2008, 01:23 PM   #18
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilXR8
And thats what is wrong with this country today. People are greedy and will sue for anything. Oh wow I have a bit of an inconvenience, lets take this to court, 100 thous shoud make it all better : .
Too true

However, having someone crash into your house aint exactly a " bit of an inconvenience".........

If its a genuine accident........then that's what Insurance companies are there for..........and that will be for the police investigation to decide.

If however, it was found that the driver was willfully negligent.....then I imagine a civil case against the knucklehead wouldn't go astray..........something to ensure he doesn't see a license again for a set period of time.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #19
Nickxb
XB in progress

Quote:
I dont think you have your facts correct. If the house needed to be demolished the insurer would have to pay for temp accomidation and then recover off the driver (or car insurer)

It is a myth that all insurance companies refuse to pay claims. It is a heavily governed industry and there are bodies in place such as the ombudsman to ensure insurance companied do the right thing.
Nickxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #20
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilXR8
So if decide to take my falcon out and try and be a hero and do 200 km/h past your house, but sadly I mix my ambitions and abilities up then plant my car nose first into your house, are you just going to go "oh jolly good chaps, thanks for the show, ta-ta" and walk off? I doubt it. You'd want to rip my nuts off and kick my for good measure I bet.

If some numbskull put a car into my house I'd be wanting to do more than sue them but sadly that's all the law permits us to do. Not saying this driver was doing anything illegal (although technically failing to maintain control of a vehicle is an offence in QLD) however.

BTW, if a driver did punt their car into your house AND they didn't have property insurance, your home insurer would have no choice but to take them chase them and perhaps to court to get the money back.

As someone mentioned above, having your house driven into at speed isn't exactly an inconvenience... I got hit in the back of my Falcon by some stupid on a mobile phone - yes my insurance company got it fixed and yes she will be found at fault but it cost me time off work and MONEY to drive to the various panel shops to get quotes then having to pay for cabs to and from the repairer plus not having a car for a week... oh and then I had to spend quite a few days writing back and forth between the companies. But you won't get insurance payout to cover that sort of thing.
Old 25-07-2008, 01:33 PM   #21
Joey_Falcon