Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-03-2005, 08:16 PM   #1
Ay-You-Steve

Default AU Running like Crap!!

Well I've had my AUI F'mont for two months now and its still running like shit.. I had it serviced not long after I got it and they found a few issues with it. Injectors, Drive belt ect.. http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...4&page=1&pp=15 (follow the link if you want to look). Spent over $1000 bucks on it and it still has a rough idle, when the climate control is on, the revs are up and down like a yo yo, same with the P/steering. Midas done the work so its going back on the 30th. when it went in to get done all it had was a rough idle which was they told me a injector clean & new leads, well that didn't fix it and now all this other shit has started since then : . Any clues as what it might be? Cheers :(

Last edited by Ay-You-Steve; 23-03-2005 at 05:24 PM.
Ay-You-Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2005, 08:33 PM   #2
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

Ok what are the plugs like? Maybe your fuel filter is clogged and it's starving for fuel? How is it a higher revs? Maybe your ISC needs a good clean out? Are the new leads plugged in properly at the coil packs?

Hope that helps

Cheers,
Adrian

Recommend trading with Mechan1k, Offyaguts, EDMONTY, PhantomXR8, HOTC2R, Partie & JC
Au2falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2005, 09:23 PM   #3
Ay-You-Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au2falcons
Ok what are the plugs like? Maybe your fuel filter is clogged and it's starving for fuel? How is it a higher revs? Maybe your ISC needs a good clean out? Are the new leads plugged in properly at the coil packs?

Hope that helps

Cheers,
Adrian
Plugs are new, changed last service (1,500 ks ago). New fuel filter and leads done on the same day (by Midas 1,200 ks ago) revs about 900 - 950. ISC, Throttle Body and Injectors all cleaned (so they say) on the same day the leads and Filter were done.
Old 22-03-2005, 10:00 PM   #4
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I'd replace the coil pack, could be starting to break down on one of the cylinders

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2005, 11:11 PM   #5
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Yep, had the same problem with my AU. Turned out to be the coilpack.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2005, 12:33 AM   #6
Ay-You-Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
I'd replace the coil pack, could be starting to break down on one of the cylinders
@ 107,890 ks should this be going after that many Ks ?
Old 23-03-2005, 03:40 AM   #7
au-steve
fully *** turboooo

my coil pack went at 120,000. jus happens i guess. such a turd to pull out, and put in...
Full comp insurance :nutsycuck
au-steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2005, 05:03 PM   #8
Ay-You-Steve

Well I e-mailed the car yard I got the AU from and told them that I was not happy and very disappionted in the car they sold me because I spent $13,500 (was $14,999) to buy the car and then about $1,300 getting things fix and its still running like shit!! I dont even think they give a rats **** because its been 2 days now and they have'nt even replied!! This is where I got it http://www.sherwoodmotors.com.au/ :
Old 24-03-2005, 06:34 PM   #9
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Is there a Fordforums recommended mechanic/service joint out your way that anyone here can recommend ???

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2005, 06:45 PM   #10
Ay-You-Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
Is there a Fordforums recommended mechanic/service joint out your way that anyone here can recommend ???
Not that I'm aware of loxxr6
Old 24-03-2005, 08:14 PM   #11
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

I was hoping Road & Track services could fill that role, but they have done their dash with me.

My next stop is morpowa.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2005, 12:15 AM   #12
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
Ay-You-Steve, maybe you can try a friend of mine ( his name is Troy) who is a mechcanic at Adrian Brien Ford. He did some work on my XR6 and I was thrilled at his workmanship. I know Adrian Brien isn't cheap, but you never know what deal he could do for you?
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2005, 02:38 AM   #13
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Ay-You-Steve, maybe you can try a friend of mine ( his name is Troy) who is a mechcanic at Adrian Brien Ford. He did some work on my XR6 and I was thrilled at his workmanship. I know Adrian Brien isn't cheap, but you never know what deal he could do for you?
This is the kind of answer I was fishing for. If any other forum members know anyone that can help in the area, let us know !

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post