Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-02-2005, 07:03 PM   #31
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Congrats on the new dog, he looks awesome!

Well done too for giving him a new life. Previous owner should be shot.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 07:07 PM   #32
rodderz

Nice dog there...big fan of staffie's

If only i could convince the missus the same thought
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 07:15 PM   #33
LUXO_8
windsor user

id check if he has a chip, and weather he is stolen?
perhaps the dick that had him wasnt the real owner - but perhaps a dog theif.
someone nicked out doberman pup (he didnt look like a pup he's huge) and tried to give him to someone when he wasnt obeying him.

thank god we got a tip off from someone that lives near the theif, cops went around there, bought him home (and locked up the bloke that stole him).

if all checks out ok, as the guys have said, congrats on taking him in, but be wary around the kids..
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 07:18 PM   #34
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

Definately a really nice looking dog.. i would be careful with him around the kids for atleast a month.

Just a word of advice that i heard, dont put up a "beware dangerous dog" or whatever sign on your fence or gate. Because if you do and he does bite an intruder your f*#ked because the sign says that you knew that your dog was dangerous, and could bite... therefore admitting liability and leaving yourself open to law suites etc. Leave the sign off and then you can just say that you didnt know that the dog was capble of it, and had always been fine around your kids and yourself.

Obedience training is a very good idea.
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2005, 11:34 AM   #35
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Apparently he hasn't been chipped, so I'll get him done on the 20th. I've looked around the streets and in the local papers for any lost dog ads and couldn't find any.

There is no way I'm putting a sign up about the dog, if someone is stupid enough to attempt to get into the back yard then they deserve what they get. He's fine with the kids and myself. :

He now has a studded collar which makes him 10% tougher and a much stronger lead. Latest trick, head butting the back door as soon as he hears voices in the morning.

Quote:
You even need to think of a second name for him? Hello! Rockatansky!!!
Where the hell did that come from? LOL! :nutsycuck
Old 02-02-2005, 12:26 PM   #36
Damo
Banned

Noo one snuggles with Max Power, you strap yourself in a feel the G'ssssssssss.

Nice dog.

We should have a FF.AU dog meet one day, and we can all bring our dogs@

or not.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2005, 01:05 PM   #37
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
Noo one snuggles with Max Power, you strap yourself in a feel the G'ssssssssss.

Nice dog.

We should have a FF.AU dog meet one day, and we can all bring our dogs@

or not.
Your not kidding when you say feel the G's, he takes you for a walk, not the other way around.

Maybe when Max gets over his problem with gas then he can get in the car. :
Old 02-02-2005, 05:45 PM   #38
MadManz

ROFL :1syellow1
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2005, 06:34 PM   #39
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinmyEB
Where the hell did that come from? LOL! :nutsycuck
As in Max Rockatansky, as in Mad Max :P
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2005, 08:37 PM   #40
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
As in Max Rockatansky, as in Mad Max :P
Ok, maybe I should go back and watch Mad Max for the 1548797520th time. :
Old 02-02-2005, 10:15 PM   #41
XP6
Formerly ST170ish

Some names...
Max headroom,Im livin in the eightys
Maximum Revs,its flat chat mate
Max Ford, well we know why
Max Dog, Maxi Dawg
Max Luck, Lucky he's got you...
XP6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2005, 10:17 PM   #42
LUXO_8
windsor user

my doberman's name is simple.......
lucky

LOL
Old 02-02-2005, 10:42 PM   #43
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
my doberman's name is simple.......
lucky

LOL
LMAO! That was my grandma's cat was called, 'Lucky.' Lucky she took her in.

I think we'll stick with Max Power and Max Payne just to confuse people. :nutsycuck
Old 02-02-2005, 10:46 PM   #44
LUXO_8
windsor user

well lucky scored the name because it was lucky we got him back......

then someone let him out once (accident) while i was looking for him, i saw him bolt across a road in front of a B double truck, the driver saw him coming and slammed on the brakes, and just clipped his tail.....

me thinks hes just got a little bit of luck in him
Old 08-02-2005, 06:28 PM   #45
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Definitely looks mostly staffy, but a pic of how big he is in relation to you is a good indicator too.

Staffies are the most loyal sooky dogs on the planet They look friggin tough, sound it, are fairly small but so butch they'll take YOU for a walk... lovely. Easy to train, and GREAT WITH KIDS. Of course as so many others have advised, watch the kids but if they aren't little they should be fine.

Maximum Overdrive :

Also be absolutely sure that he is at the bottom of the pack. I am teaching my youngest (nearly 9) how to use her voice to make sure our dog listens (cos sometimes she doesn't).

Fudge (our doggy) has a place of her own to sleep, she sleeps on a small old 2 seater lounge in my bedroom. When we go out (during the day) she stays outside, basically cos she eats everything in sight when we're gone.

We are like you, I know nothing of the history of our doggie. I found her in the pound and she wasn't desexed, microchipped or anything... don't know how she got there or why. So now she's OURS and we love her The vet estimated she was a year old, and that was a year ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2005, 11:32 PM   #46
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
Definitely looks mostly staffy, but a pic of how big he is in relation to you is a good indicator too.

Staffies are the most loyal sooky dogs on the planet They look friggin tough, sound it, are fairly small but so butch they'll take YOU for a walk... lovely. Easy to train, and GREAT WITH KIDS. Of course as so many others have advised, watch the kids but if they aren't little they should be fine.

Also be absolutely sure that he is at the bottom of the pack. I am teaching my youngest (nearly 9) how to use her voice to make sure our dog listens (cos sometimes she doesn't).
I think he is mostly Staffy but he's too big to be just Staffy and definitely has Mastiff cross in him. He is one big sook that's for sure, he was at the window before just looking in and getting sooky so I went outside and threw his ball around for a while then he came and just sat at my feet and played with his ball. Just wanted a belly rub and some company for a bit. LOL!

I'm having trouble with my son discipling him, he gives up too easily and wont use a voice with any authority at all. He'll have to learn though or the dog will just respect me and not him.

Actually I had a look at his teeth before and I don't think he's even a year old yet or maybe just, he's still got more teeth coming which is probably another reason he loves to chew anything. I can't let him in the house at the moment because he's like a bull in a china shop. When I move and things aren't so cluttered I'll start letting him in every now and then, especially on hot days.

I'll see if I can get a pic tomorrow of just how big he is, I'm 5'7" and he comes up to my knees. No doubt that he is one tough looking dog, and yes he certainly takes you for a walk not the other way around, but I haven't had him all that long so that's something else that we'll work on.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:14 AM   #47
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Luvin,... be careful and be safe,you still have a lot to learn about this dog.
I hope you have joined an obedience club and told them as much as you know of your dogs history. It will be a big help in training him and making him a family member.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post