Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 01-03-2006, 09:50 PM   #1
slickef
Apprentice Fridgey

Default Idling problems

I have a 96 EF falcon futura and for the last few months it has been having really weird idle problems. It will idle really high when I turn it on (like up to 2500rpm) then graduaully come back down after about 30 seconds and it sometimes revs high when im sitting still, but then when I pull up at a set of lights it will do quick drops from normal idle right down to 200rpm then back up. Can anybody tell me : is goin on?

96 EF Falcon Futura, Powered by Microtech, 2222549 Crow Cam, Metal Gasket, Port and Polish, Oversized Forged Valves, EF Fairmont Dash, K&N Highflow Filter, Pacemaker Competition Extractors, 2 1/2 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, Converter Shop 3500 stall, Shift Kit, 4.11 Diff Ratio, Mini Spool

Best ET 14.654 @ 88.270Mph at Benaraby Raceway, Gladstone Queensland
slickef is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2006, 03:43 PM   #2
16wantsI6
iRegular crossmember

argh, i have a similar problem with my EB, i will rev it a little and when it drops back down it almost/sometimes stalls, i think it may be the head and i was going to put a new gasket in, but the mechanic reckons ill need a new head (stuff that to expensive) so i just chemi-welded it. hopefully if i drop the oil (black as the cold night) it'll be good.

5 spd manual
2 1/2" manta S/S exhaust
After market alpine/soundstream stereo

18" tyhpoons
superlows waiting to go in....
spoilerless
16wantsI6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2006, 02:52 PM   #3
slickef
Apprentice Fridgey

I fixed the problem, it was the Idle Control Solenoid. On idle it is supposed to be closed but it is stuck open and bleeding air past the throttle causing it to rev higher so i just unplugged the ICS till I can buy a new one and now it's running fine , I don't think that the EB's have these so it may be a different problem with yours
96 EF Falcon Futura, Powered by Microtech, 2222549 Crow Cam, Metal Gasket, Port and Polish, Oversized Forged Valves, EF Fairmont Dash, K&N Highflow Filter, Pacemaker Competition Extractors, 2 1/2 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, Converter Shop 3500 stall, Shift Kit, 4.11 Diff Ratio, Mini Spool

Best ET 14.654 @ 88.270Mph at Benaraby Raceway, Gladstone Queensland
slickef is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2006, 12:09 PM   #4
EA1191

This is from someone's post about a similar problem.
Check the voltage output of your TPS.(1Vclosed throttle) and (4.5Vopen throttle). Back probe the plug with a voltmeter. It needs to be on 1V on closed throttle, mine was on 0.6V and it made the ISC do wierd things at start up ( high revs intially then the car would sometimes drive itself and stay at 1500rpm. Loosen screws and turn to get 1Volt.
EA1191 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2006, 09:38 PM   #5
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickef
I fixed the problem, it was the Idle Control Solenoid. On idle it is supposed to be closed but it is stuck open and bleeding air past the throttle causing it to rev higher so i just unplugged the ICS till I can buy a new one and now it's running fine , I don't think that the EB's have these so it may be a different problem with yours
Yeah they have an ISC, if the ICS you referred to is a typo.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post