Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 25-06-2007, 12:14 PM   #1
Gazzzaa

Default Fiesta accessories

Hi guys.

My new Fiesta is due 'in July', so am expecting a call from the dealer soon about how I'd like to accessorise it.

There is no Bluetooth listed on the Ford Australia website for the Fiesta, which is annoying because it is offered as an option on the Ford UK website. Bluetooth has been brilliant in the Territory, and both of our phones work perfectly. The saleman mentioned that they MAY have some sort of solution but he has since left and I haven't had a chance to speak to the new guy yet. Does anyone know if Bluetooth can be adapted to the Fez in some way?

Also, with a son at Uni in Wodonga and with the number of revenue raising cameras now on the Hume Hwy, cruise control is no longer a luxury, it's a necessity. A recent trip show just how important with so may cars nervously hitting the anchors and we came to the first of the elapsed time cameras, whilst I just dodged between them and cruised along, confident I was on exactly 110 km/h.

Is there an aftermarket cruise control kit suitable for a Fez, that is reliable and not too ugly? Thanks in anticipation of your assistance.

Gazzzaa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 12:46 PM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

yes there is an aftermarket kit for the Fez. its about 800 to get installed.

you can always purchase a Bluetooth device as i have for my Sony. it sits on the sun visor. you have to press the pause button but it works pretty good.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 01:42 PM   #3
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

For the bluetooth you can give http://www.fordpartsuk.com/ a email and ask what is needed to get a genuine bluetooth kit. They are great and really helpful.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 06:28 PM   #4
0xyg3n

I wouldn't bother going for the genuine bluetooth kit. You need to remove part of the dash to fit the wireing loom. I researched it not long ago on fiestastoc.com they said it was possible but could be hard work.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #5
911dude
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
yes there is an aftermarket kit for the Fez. its about 800 to get installed.

you can always purchase a Bluetooth device as i have for my Sony. it sits on the sun visor. you have to press the pause button but it works pretty good.
I know this is a long time after the (original) fact. Do you have any more details (where, who) for the fitment of Fiesta cruise control?

Thanks
911dude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quick question.

I'm guessing it's not an LX or a Zetec since both models come standard with factory Cruise control and Factory Bluetooth with Voice Control...

Assuming you've ordered a CL, would it not have been a better option to suit your son's need to buy an LX? With all these features standard, I'd assume it would almost have ended up at a similar price, with the benefit of better resale and factory warranty cover. Not too late to change to an LX with the Dealer is it?

$17,190 plus ORC for a 5 door CL
$18,990 plus ORC for a 5 door LX

An $1,800 additional premium for better resale, cruise control, leather wheel, extra speakers, alloy wheels, bluetooth and a few other minor features.

If there's anything you can do to change, I'd strongly recommend seeing if you can stretch to the LX. If you were to spend the best part of $1,000 on cruise ocntrol and Bluetooth anyway, you'd be more than halfway to the cost of the LX anyway.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:44 PM   #7
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Er...? the OP was 2 years ago.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #8
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Damn thread miners....
Old 11-05-2009, 05:38 PM   #9
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijohn42
Er...? the OP was 2 years ago.
Hahahaha. Atleast you were paying attention. LOL

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2009, 11:56 PM   #10
jweb
radio off =save petrol :P

hahahah,Ive done this a few times as well too Zetec.I thought maybe the y3 bug had gotten me as the date on the thread was wrong.
Old 13-05-2009, 12:11 AM   #11
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Zetec... Any post you make is alright with me.... i reckon i've watched that Focus RS clip about 20 times now.... LOVE IT!!! : :evil3: :eclipsee_
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2009, 01:00 AM   #12
Zetec Dave

By any chance, does anyone on here know if there is a genuine reverse sensor kit for the WS Fiesta and how much fitted?
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post