Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #31
Ben85

But why its funny to read!! LOL

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2009, 10:34 AM   #32
WPN XR6T
Useless

Whoooa! Appoligies for lighting the fire under this one! OK, insurence. I own a very, very modified XR6T, and everything, down to carbon fibre panels, 4" exhaurst, custom intake, fuel and engine components are covered by Shannons.
The XR4 is going under them soon as well. If you play you pay, I think no one here will deny that, so if your going to mod your ride, plan it out and take insurence into concideration. And Shannons will insure it, and they are underwritten by AAMI, the biggest insurence Nazis in the country.
Cheers
Matt

Happiness is owning more Fords. Bliss is owning more XR's!

- 2005 BA II XR8 "The Dino"
- 2005 BA II XR6T "The T"
- 2008 WQ XR4 "The Fez"
WPN XR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #33
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Well that seems to be the answer. Get the insurance company to agree to your mods and you have no worries.
Cav is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2009, 12:15 AM   #34
zbeasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPN XR6T
So, I fitted them last night. Not too bad in the looks department, but it is probably better to go with the 12.5mm ones for no other reason other than I think the extra 2.5mm will still clear everything even when lowered.
Matt
What wheels are you running? Mine is lowered 40mm and I have 18x7.5 with 215/35 and it rubs going over anything at speed. The 40 or 50 extra kilos of stereo in the back probably doesn't help but I think I'd have major clearance issues if I fitted the spacers. Don't get me wrong I'd probably love the handling improvement but I like my tunes and the look of the 18's.

You may have seen me around the area black WP zetec with mirror tint and white rims.
zbeasty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2009, 10:26 PM   #35
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Pics anywhere zbeasty?

I think your problem maybe the 7.5 width, if you went 6.5's or 7's it may be better.
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2009, 11:20 PM   #36
zbeasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinpiston
Pics anywhere zbeasty?
I've got some on my computer somewhere but can't seem to find them. I'll wash it and take some more on the weekend. Have a few small projects on the go for it at the moment so will probably start a thread for it.
Old 25-04-2009, 08:24 PM   #37
WPN XR6T
Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbeasty
What wheels are you running? Mine is lowered 40mm and I have 18x7.5 with 215/35 and it rubs going over anything at speed. The 40 or 50 extra kilos of stereo in the back probably doesn't help but I think I'd have major clearance issues if I fitted the spacers. Don't get me wrong I'd probably love the handling improvement but I like my tunes and the look of the 18's.

You may have seen me around the area black WP zetec with mirror tint and white rims.
Stock XR4 17"'s. If it's already rubbing, yeah you'll probably have issues.

Happiness is owning more Fords. Bliss is owning more XR's!

- 2005 BA II XR8 "The Dino"
- 2005 BA II XR6T "The T"
- 2008 WQ XR4 "The Fez"
WPN XR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #38
zbeasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinpiston
Pics anywhere zbeasty?

I think your problem maybe the 7.5 width, if you went 6.5's or 7's it may be better.
Photos here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...=1#post2646524
Old 03-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #39
Ben85

Quote:
U obviously dont do much shopping/sport/etc. No room for anything in the boot of that!!!! I have one 12" and that pumps hard, you mustn't be able to hear urself think with them going.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:44 PM   #40
zbeasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben85
U obviously dont do much shopping/sport/etc. No room for anything in the boot of that!!!! I have one 12" and that pumps hard, you mustn't be able to hear urself think with them going.
The wife has an Outback as a company car so no need to haul stuff in mine plus my brother has a ute if needed. My golf clubs fit in the front seat anyway. If the interior was a bit cleaner I could have taken a picture of the back seat which has 2 kids seats on it.

I haven't had it tested yet but I got pulled over by the cops one night and they told me I should turn it down. I had the windows up and so did they plus I had turned it down while they were next to me. I think he got a bit of a shock when I wound the window down and there was a 34 y/o guy with a suit on.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:56 AM   #41
Ben85

Quote:
The wife has an Outback as a company car so no need to haul stuff in mine plus my brother has a ute if needed. My golf clubs fit in the front seat anyway. If the interior was a bit cleaner I could have taken a picture of the back seat which has 2 kids seats on it.

I haven't had it tested yet but I got pulled over by the cops one night and they told me I should turn it down. I had the windows up and so did they plus I had turned it down while they were next to me. I think he got a bit of a shock when I wound the window down and there was a 34 y/o guy with a suit on.

Hahaha. I fold down one of the back seats to fit my clubs in. LOL. I reckon they would have had a bit of a shock!! They didnt say anything about your window tint?