Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-09-2005, 08:33 PM   #1
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

Default Upgrading On Factory Security

Hey all,im just wondering whats the options to upgrade security on the Au? Do we simply fit a complete better alarm,or can we add shock sensors,mercury switches etc?
Who has already upgraded and to what? Has anyone had their Au broken into?

StevenAu2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2005, 09:06 PM   #2
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Upgrade alarms are just an add on to the exisitng setup .This to me makes it am easier target for thieves to disable.I ahve an AU 1 and installed a stand alone alarm in it with seperate remote controls .

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 10:10 AM   #3
FRIKA
FRIKA

Ive had mine upgraded by a mate. I still use the same keypad for my car.
He basically installed internal movement sensors, shock sensors and tampers for the boot and the bonnett.
Not one break in yet "Touch Wood"
Old 23-09-2005, 02:11 PM   #4
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what is an alarm worth installed?
GlennBA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 02:52 PM   #5
FRIKA
FRIKA

When i was looking they were about $400 for an upgrade equivalent to what i got. Mine cost just over $150 as he got the parts trade price and charged no labour.
Old 24-09-2005, 02:52 AM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

The upgrade kits are pretty good. I had one installed in the old (AU1) XR6 AFTER someone tried to break in to it. Given that the car already has a reaonable (2 point) immobiliser, an alarm really doesn't do much to protect the car apart from make the siren sound - but how many people really take notice of car alarms going off these days?
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2005, 01:17 PM   #7
tickford302
T1 TE50 Galaxy Blue #010.

Location: In between German Engineering and Tickford Perfection.

Upgraded mine to a tracker system, still uses the Ford key pad. Cost a bit more but gives you peace of mind knowing that the car is constantly being watched.
tickford302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2005, 07:53 PM   #8
T2TL50
Proud Owner of a T 2TL50.

Default Motion Sensors?

Hey i would like to know what you have to get done to install the motion sensors etc..

I have an alarm at the moment abd woul like to add a few little extra bits..

could any one advise me where to get them and what i need to get?? cheers..

P.s i have the viper alarm on my other car with the motion sensors as it is asoft top and BOY dont walk near it or the alarm is off..

thats what i want for the tl!!!

(spelling just ignore it please?)

The T2 TL50!! Maybe You Will Own One, One Day!!
T2TL50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 04:03 PM   #9
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickford302
Upgraded mine to a tracker system, still uses the Ford key pad. Cost a bit more but gives you peace of mind knowing that the car is constantly being watched.
Who is that through,i know they used to charge abit up front but what are they charging you per month?
Old 26-09-2005, 04:16 PM   #10
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2TL50
Hey i would like to know what you have to get done to install the motion sensors etc..

I have an alarm at the moment abd woul like to add a few little extra bits..

could any one advise me where to get them and what i need to get?? cheers..

P.s i have the viper alarm on my other car with the motion sensors as it is asoft top and BOY dont walk near it or the alarm is off..

thats what i want for the tl!!!

(spelling just ignore it please?)
You can buy different sensors. Microwave sensors (for people walking close by), Tilt & Motion Sensors, Audio Sensors (for intruders that slice/crack glass without a shock), Ultrasonic Sensors.

An alarm system, should include the primary sensors, such as tilt & shock sensors, as well as the correct break-in sensors. A reputable alarm shop, should be able to add the sensors onto an alarm for not much money, as they are a simple circuit. You can source the sensor's for pretty cheap and just get charged the labour to install them. Jaycar make some circuits/sensors, that will trigger off an alarm, as well as some other companies.

Another thing, would be to put in some Screamers inside the cabin, and boot, even if you don't have a sound system, it'll still keep people out.

That + Steering Wheel Lock, makes your car pretty secure. Not un-breakable though.

Remember to get a back-up battery, and flashing LED on your dash. Another thing, you could do, is remove the keyhole from your drivers door, to stop people from sticking screw driver's and stuffing up the lock and scratching your car. But then your car will be purely remote based, but if you change your batteries yearly, you shouldnt have a problem.

I was going to put air horns on my car, I was thinking about hooking it up to be triggered when my siren went off. That would really attract a few people, lol

Another good idea is to add a kill-switch, if your leaving your car for a long while (i.e. holiday).

Cheers,

Linz
Old 26-09-2005, 05:02 PM   #11
StevenAu2
Irregular Member

Ive heard about the screamers from Jaycar,they sound like a great thing to add incase some vermin breaks in!!!