Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 18-03-2008, 11:51 PM   #1
IQUIK6

Default Does my drag car have to be registered to be able to drag at the drag strip

Hi guys it came to my attention...i am currently building up a ford eb drag car for the quarter mile at home... it is unregistered...a friend of mine told me i have to register it so that the TAC will cover me...in case of accident...is this correct... or can i drag this car at a place like calder park or heathcote providing i take the car with a tandem trailer...in short does this car have to be registered in any way to be able to race at these given places... its and eb manual...i am currently in the process of building an extensively ported engine which i am experimenting with atm... it will run a large cam and 3.9 or equivalent gearing in the difff....its a project i have started to see what can be achieved through one of these cars...thanks for any info you can provide....

IQUIK6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2008, 11:59 PM   #2
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you plan on racing it at a track like that, i'd get in touch with CAMS, i would imagine there would be some process you would have to go through to ensure it's roadworthy to be able to race it
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2008, 12:22 AM   #3
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

this may be of some help...I'm sure the info will be readily available somewhere.
Also, i think it will depend on what class you'll be running in.

http://www.motorplex.com.au/competit...regs_rev01.pdf
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #4
mongoloid
chuck miller ford texas

I think if its not road registered it has to undergo scrutineering...
1918 Buick, 1930 Studebaker, 1953 Ford Crestline, 1955 Buick Special, 1957 Cadillac, 1962 Cadillac, 1963 Ford Galaxie, 1966 Ford Fairlane, 1971 Chevelle, 1979 Trans Am, 2002 Ford TE50, 2005 CV8 Monaro, 2010 G6e Turbo, 2014 FPV GT-F
mongoloid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2008, 10:34 PM   #5
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you are only going to drag race it, it doesnt have to be rego`d. All cars at off street meets are usually scrutineered, only basic safety stuff so as long as you do it right no probs.
Old 20-03-2008, 12:38 AM   #6
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodes-sh
if you plan on racing it at a track like that, i'd get in touch with CAMS, i would imagine there would be some process you would have to go through to ensure it's roadworthy to be able to race it
What the Confederation Against Motorsport knows about drag racing you could probably fit on the head of a pin with a crayon.....
Do yourself a favour and pick up a copy of the ANDRA rulebook....
It'll tell you everything you need to know.. :
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2008, 10:11 AM   #7
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicXR6T
What the Confederation Against Motorsport knows about drag racing you could probably fit on the head of a pin with a crayon.....
Agreed. Check andra. Cars are all scrutineered for safety, but roadworthiness is not checked, not is whether it is registered. It then depends on how fast you run as to how close they look at your car and whether you need a technical inspection. That point is 10.99 secs by the way.
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2008, 12:22 PM   #8
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Great work

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2008, 07:33 AM   #9
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Even this is a joke at times especially in GP 1 racing....
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post