Old 10-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
SPArKy_Dave
Too many Fords........ :)

Default Chicks dig Ratrods

Damn.... I want their job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rArpyMXT2ew

(watch all of it and you'll see)

97 EL V8 wagon - cool cruiser, or street bruiser? CLICKY
93 XG panel van - at your door in 60 secs, or the first hr is FREE........ yep, that's the goal.
95 XG ute - awaiting a head gasket...... grrrrr.

74 XB GS pano..... factory optioned with all the good stuff..... not much there now. ........long term resto.
XB Coupe and Van TV Ad
you know........ there's a little bit of Bathurst in every Ford Falcon.... think about it
Old 10-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Default Re: Chicks dig Ratrods

23 minutes long, your kidding
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
Old 10-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
SPArKy_Dave

It's youtube....... skip to the end.

93 XG panel van - at your door in 60 secs, or the first hr is FREE........ yep, that's the goal.

74 XB GS pano..... factory optioned with all the good stuff..... not much there now. ........long term resto.
XB Coupe and Van TV Ad
you know........ there's a little bit of Bathurst in every Ford Falcon.... think about it
Old 10-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #4
JohnK2201
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I came across these episodes of this show about a month ago. I absolutely love the show, some amazing and interesting stuff

But yea, chicks dig ratrods

2011 Ford Falcon FG XR6 Sedan Limited Edition in Nitro
19" F6 'Twist' Wheels, XR Leather Trim, 7" Color Screen, Reverse Sensors, Grey Bumper Ascents, XForce S/S Catback, XR Leather Armrest, K&N Panel Filter, XR6 Airbox Badge, Engine Shiny Bits, Headlight Globes
To come:

My Ride Thread

Wakeboard and Gear for Sale - $550 ONO
Follow the link - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4458482#post4458482

Old 10-07-2012, 11:20 AM   #5
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Tell us where to skip too......went to the last couple of minutes and still dont see point of this thread :(
Old 10-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dont know I just watched by stepping forward, wach a bit step forward, watch abit sort fo thing, apart from a shot of some chicks on the beach playing volly ball and the waitress I didnt even see any sort of sound bite that would back up the title of the thread

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 10-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
SPArKy_Dave

The basics of it -

They rent a Lambo for $6 grand for a few days,
and bring along the ratrod which is a promo vehicle they helped build.

They drive though various beachside towns, and though LA, to experience what each vehicle is like in a daily drive scenaro,
ultimately on their way to a desert location shoot for a revamp of HotRod Magazine.

At the same time, they ask people along the way, their preferences for each vehicle, whilst noting which sex is taking the most notice of which vehicle.

They also have a drag race, between the Lambo and the Rat.

At the start of the trip, the consensus is that chicks will go for the Lambo, and blokes for the Ratrod.

Suprisingly, they find it's the exact opposite.
Chicks want the Ratrod.

But the Ratrod is a horrible daily drive.
It's a tough compromise - Chicks, or Comfort?
How far would you go?

In another episode, they decide to swap the engine, in an el camino, in the parking lot of a Summit Racing retail outlet ........... in a snowstorm.

Awesomely stupid challenges to watch.

Mostly, I think because they're played out as totally unpredictable unscripted spur of the moment -
'what shall we do today..... I know, lets pack the engine crane and toolbox in the back of the ute, and head down to Summit Racing' - kinda moments.

I've watched all their episodes. Funny as hell.

If blokes like these ran TopGear Aus, and TopGear US, we'd be set.

XB Coupe and Van TV Ad

Last edited by SPArKy_Dave; 10-07-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #8
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

All I saw was a Toyota 86 being loaded out a truck, because I want one of them I got upset and turned it off.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #9
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPArKy_Dave
At the same time, they ask people along the way, their preferences for each vehicle, whilst noting which sex is taking the most notice of which vehicle.

At the start of the trip, the consensus is that chicks will go for the Lambo, and blokes for the Ratrod.

Suprisingly, they find it's the exact opposite.
Chicks want the Ratrod.

But the Ratrod is a horrible daily drive.
It's a tough compromise - Chicks, or Comfort?
How far would you go?
I go to quite a few Hot Rod events and there is alwaaaaaays lots of ladys about I dont find that result too hard to beleive

after all the photo in my profile pic is my wifes car not mine and she found it inspected it and negotiated the deal prior to me siteing the car, I know so many women that dig the quirkier rods over the shiney trailersailers

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
Old 10-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #10
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a cantankerous ***** to drive that hot rod is, it even gets stuck on a relatively flat driveway. There's more to life than driving a car which is even more unpractical than a Lamborghini just to get attention from a girl. I must say that is some crazy looking hot rod.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #11
Ansith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw this a few weeks ago, very interesting as I thought the Lambo would be attracting all the attention of the women. I liked that with all the money they paid to rent it out for 24 hours they weren't even able to eat or drink in it and had to sit in the Rat Rod when they had dinner.

I've also seen the engine change in the car park, the store even stayed open an extra hour or so for them!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #12
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11336424
Closed Thread