Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-08-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
SVTVNM
Guzzler

Default Just changed insurance

Just thought I would share a quick story on savings regarding insurance, I will try to make it short. Up until today I have been paying about $1100 a year for the mustang through Shannons( who have been fine with no issues). And I pay about $590 for the XR8 through a Broker who goes through CGU i think. Rang shannons to see what the cost would be to insure the XR8 through them, they got back to me with $630 for agreed value $12000. and a reduction of $70 of the Mustangs premium. I thought I would give Lumleys(LSV) a ring. I know they usually look after club members. As of today I am paying $757 for both vehicles under a particular cover because only one is on the road at any one time and they are both classified as recreational vehicles, Kilometers travelled a not limited, choice of repairer etc etc. And XR8 is insured for $11,200, the only negative was that the Mustang is issured for $5,000 less but still happy with amount covered. LSV mainly do classics, vintage but because of Mustang Club member they agreed to cover a 1999 model, Of course time willl tell if there ever is a claim how things will be handled but lets hope it never happens. So now I save about a $1000 a year, So I would recommend anyone give them a ring just to get a quote and see if they can save some cash.

SVTVNM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
iCat
doof doof doof doof

i'm with them - have been since i had the falc 'renovated'. my premiums go down every year, value stays the same. have had one claim, and the only pain was that it was done via phone and paper, not on line. aside from that minor irritation, i think they are great.
iCat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

That sounds like a good policy. I always have had 2-3 cars at any one time, one always being a 'special' or 'classic' car. Every time I ask about some sort of group policy I hit a brick wall. Like you say, you are only driving 1 car at any one time!

I have never called Lumleys to my knowledge, but will keep that in mind for the future. I do get a small discount for my Coupe seeing as it is a 'Sunday Car' and a small discount for my daily driver as I no longer use it to go to work (I walk), but the discount is nothing like what you have received SVTVNM.

Isn't it amazing what you can save when you shop around! Well done.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2010, 08:55 AM   #4
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Heard a few months ago that a number of hotrod/classic car people going across to Lumleys for cheaper policies. Haven't heard what their claim service is like yet.
Also wonder what their prices are like when it comes up to renewal time. I know one big insurance company has cheaper rates for new policies to lure people across.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
iCat
doof doof doof doof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia
Also wonder what their prices are like when it comes up to renewal time. I know one big insurance company has cheaper rates for new policies to lure people across.
i've been with them for years and i have just renewed & i had to ring my broker to question the price - it was less than half it was last year. but yep, all good, same value, same policy, same everything. magnificent!
iCat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #6
rocket67

Just received the Renewal notice from LSV for the 68 Coupe.

$218.00 . Very happy with that. To qualify for this low rate i am limited to how many days i can drive it, but i have found that i use the car a lot less than i thought.

There are good reports regarding claims from LSV on the Mustang Forum.

Rocket.
rocket67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #7
SVTVNM
Guzzler

Good to hear Rocket67, just out of curiosity do you have the cover for less than 4000klm travelled? My vehicle do more than that beiong country cars, every second trip would be 400klm+ trip so it adds up.
SVTVNM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post