Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-05-2005, 06:50 PM   #1
NC_Steve
She needs premium dude...

Default What's this wire for?

I was driving my dads AU Fairlane today and noticed this wire hanging down above the accelerator pedal and was just wondering if it is supposed to connect to anything or has come loose from somewhere?

Cheers.
NC_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2005, 02:20 AM   #2
Steve_T

Does it have a factory alarm?
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 06:17 PM   #3
NC_Steve
She needs premium dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_T
Does it have a factory alarm?
Yes it does
NC_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 03:51 AM   #4
Steve_T

Firstly, is that a 3-pin connector on the end of that wire?

Secondly, trace (visually) where it goes - does it go up to join the loom which connects to the alarm control module (mounted above the pedal box)?

If the answers are yes and yes above, then it is the connector for the optional glass break detector for the alarm system. The alarm doesn't come with that, so usually that connector is just zip-tied up out of the way - yours has obviously fallen down - just zip-tie it back up to the loom somewhere out of the way. I'm assuming of course that you don't have the glass break detector installed on your alarm.

Let me know if it is not this but I reckon it's a good guess.

Steve.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post