Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-06-2005, 01:39 AM   #91
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Dan, two things. One, stick with the live axel. With the power it has now, and the power output you will have eventually, it's much easier to upgrade the rear diff (9" anyone) on a live axel AU, if... (sorry I hope it never happens.. but I have to say this) the diff let's go. Speak to Minge, he'll tell ya how hard it's to get a tuff diff for AU IRS. A company in Sydney (www.difftechnics.com.au) have a 9" bolt-on conversion for the IRS Commowhores, and were working on a bolt-on 9" conversion for AU IRS a while ago now, but not sure if they went ahead with it. Think they're working on one for BA now, not sure. Pfft.. bloody BA's..
... .. :

Two, if you want to change rims, be very careful as to which rims you get, and have the rims fitted first before you buy (or sell your current 19"), 'cause there's quite a few rims out there that will not fit AU Falcons (and BA) with the four piston AP Racing (or Brembo) brake calipers. The diameter of the rotor and the height of the caliper is fine (even some 17's may fit), it's the width, and offset position of the four piston caliper for the Falcon's that's the problem. The caliper tends to hit the spokes of some rims and you will not be able to bolt the rim up. Deep dish rims are even worse. Commowhores don't seem to have this problem though, don't know why, they also have +35 - +40 offset rims don't they??

Couple of ROH rims I can think of from the top of my head that don't foul the calipers on a set up like yours are the Fury's (dhaah..) and Modena's. There's always the factory rims like the 18" Azzurro's and the 5 spoke T3's aswell, which were fitted with the factory optional Brembo package on T3's. Should have no problems with those rims, and is somethng I thought of before deciding on the T3 rims.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 10:17 AM   #92
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for that AUGZMK, I tried on some AU1 17's the other day and they just fit.

So now I have myself some drag wheels, the Mickey T's have been ordered.

If all goes well I will be at calder next friday to see what she can do in its current state.

Im off to NSW on monday to start the process of getting it through the emission test and engineering. Hopefully it passes or Ill be in a bit of trouble. Its at the mechanic now getting detuned to meet the stock AU emissions.

Thanks guys
Dan
Old 09-06-2005, 02:27 PM   #93
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
Thanks for that AUGZMK, I tried on some AU1 17's the other day and they just fit.
AU1 17's fit!? Wow, was this on the front or rear? Don't you have the same discs and calipers front and rear? What size are the discs again?? That's great that the AU1's fit.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 02:34 PM   #94
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats on the rear, I think the clearance might be different on the front. Ill give the front a shot when I get back from NSW and we will find out I guess.

The rotors are 330 by 28 all around.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:44 PM   #95
au-steve
fully *** turboooo

Quote:
The rotors are 330 by 28 all around.
stupid good large brakes, makes me so jelouse.
Full comp insurance :nutsycuck
au-steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 07:02 PM   #96
bazzalong

Thumbs up Some mods for you to consider

Hey guys n gals.
just signed up so i thought id throw into the mix.
heres a cupla photos of mine.......
http://au.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/phe...t_af/my_photos

i hope that works!

Shes a 00 model AU2 XR6, 5 speed manual, full luxo leather interior, momo pack, 18 inch typhoons, and ticko suspension, the other two photos are of the 4A-GZE supercharger thats going on her.
shes got a Redback 2 1/2 cat back exhaust.
soon to be added are pacemakers, and a hi-flow 3inch cat, aswell as bigger injectors, rising rate reg, and a unichip
cheers
Al

Oh, and by the way, those geckos turn heads too!!!
bazzalong is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2005, 07:40 PM   #97
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry mate, Ive already got a GT40 turbo, bigger injectors, intercooler, 3 inch exhaust, haltech ecu, worked trans, 2400 stall, forged pistons, headwork, custom cam, full custom leather, 19 inch fury's, pedders suspension, AP racing 4 pots all round, genuine Ts50 rear bar, wing and sideskirts and a genuine pursuit 250 front bar.

None of your mods can work on my car. It sounds pretty good though.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:25 PM   #98
au-steve
fully *** turboooo

u tell him whos boss dan! lol
Full comp insurance :nutsycuck
au-steve is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post