Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-01-2005, 04:02 PM   #1
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Default Melbourne is not safe.

I was just reading about the Korean and Russian athletes in the deaflympics that were bashed in Melbourne, whilst wearing their official uniforms.

This sickens me to the core. The current laws/government/Police system in this state has bred a form of scumbag that will attack deaf, international guests and get away with it. Its been getting worse for years but the government has been very successful at pulling the wool over everyones eyes, hopefully this will expose the scum that haunts the streets of Melbourne and its suburbs the poor efforts of the police in controlling them.

Another classic example of this is in Croydon, where I used to feel comfortable walking around at night. My brother and his mates walked past the local oval recently and got attacked by guys with stakes. Unbelievable.
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2005, 04:06 PM   #2
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Croydon has been like that for ages now, I used to get hassled regularily by young punks at the station.

Its a shame about the athetes. The news said that they were followed back to their hotel before the fight broke out, I wonder why it happened?
Old 18-01-2005, 04:10 PM   #3
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Terrible. Haven't heard about it yet but from your post it's just wrong.
The sooner we make punishment a LOT harsher the sooner idiots may think twice about doing stupid things like this.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2005, 04:18 PM   #4
FordFan86
meow

melbourne has always been bad for gangs etc the triads, mafias, drugs.... still a great city tho

Last edited by FordFan86; 18-01-2005 at 04:19 PM. Reason: me fail english? thats unpossible
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2005, 04:38 PM   #5
Hawk
I am The Brain!

Disgusting. Absolutely appauling. I hope whoever did this gets caught and strung up for it. It shouldn't happen anywhere, ever.

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2005, 04:44 PM   #6
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

........i like melbourne. we visited there caulfield cup weekend, 2002 and had a great time. most of the people were nice and friendly. it's a shame this has happened and believe it's not really a reflection on the city.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2005, 04:48 PM   #7
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Unfortunately this is the trend occuring alot in Australia, not just Melbourne. Worst experience ive had in terms of fights would have to be in Sydney, and ive heard stories of fights in Adelaide and Brisbane, so its occuring on a National level.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2005, 04:55 PM   #8
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Sad indeed. Don't know the full story yet, was it an unprovoked attack??

Melbourne is far from not safe. We have one of the best cities in the world, number one for two years running if I'm not mistaken for the most liveable city in the world. Yes, there's violent behaviour, but show me a city that doesn't? Compare the violent activity in Melbourne with the other most popular city, Sydney. Those athletes would have been seriously injuired, or even more if this happened in Sydney.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2005, 04:56 PM   #9
JTFG
In a Ford..at last!

Thats bloody discraceful :jab:

and i'd hate to live in Croydon....oo great but i do :
JTFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2005, 04:57 PM   #10
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

I work in Melbourne and occasionally go out for drinks in the city, this is not an isolated incident. Just this time it affected someone important and we're actually getting to hear about it. My workmate parked on Russell St in the city last week with his passenger side window down (hot day, no A/C) and with 5 minutes he had 3 people offer him heroin. I could score any drug I wanted in less than 20 minutes in either the CBD.

My question is.... Whats being done about this?

As far as how it somehow managed to win city of the year I have NFI. The Vic government is very good at lying and making people believe it (3kmh speeding tolerance for example). I'd say their 'low crime rates' are suitably doctored too so they can spend less on police.

P.s. It appears there were demands for money, but the gutter crawlers in question probably didn't notice they were deaf before attacking them. the story is here:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/Nation...810843746.html

Last edited by xdc351; 18-01-2005 at 05:00 PM.
Old 18-01-2005, 05:13 PM   #11
Franky
Bring back the Phase

that's a sad and dispicable act. I hope the scumbags are found and are harshly dealt with.

Makes you wonder how safe it is to go for a walk anymore especially after dark
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2005, 06:37 PM   #12
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Well, going on basic stats, if the scum run fast enough away from a crime on of the 3 million bloody speed camera's might get a photo. Thats about the only thing the Government is worried about these days. Crime....meh Revenue....YES PLEASE!

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2005, 06:48 PM   #13
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
Croydon has been like that for ages now, I used to get hassled regularily by young punks at the station.
Are you literally talking about the punks? man those punks **** me off. or were you referring to the 15 year old tuff guys, or the homeboys? they're just as bad.

-Stu
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2005, 07:09 PM   #14
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath_48
Are you literally talking about the punks? man those punks **** me off. or were you referring to the 15 year old tuff guys, or the homeboys? they're just as bad.

-Stu
nah, the 15 year old try hards and the 'homeboys'. Ive a few push and shove things happen there on the way home fron uni a few times. Push back and nothing comes of it. ****ers! :
Old 18-01-2005, 07:13 PM   #15
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdc351
I was just reading about the Korean and Russian athletes in the deaflympics that were bashed in Melbourne, whilst wearing their official uniforms.

This sickens me to the core. The current laws/government/Police system in this state has bred a form of scumbag that will attack deaf, international guests and get away with it. Its been getting worse for years but the government has been very successful at pulling the wool over everyones eyes, hopefully this will expose the scum that haunts the streets of Melbourne and its suburbs the poor efforts of the police in controlling them.

Another classic example of this is in Croydon, where I used to feel comfortable walking around at night. My brother and his mates walked past the local oval recently and got attacked by guys with stakes. Unbelievable.
Are Chris and his mates ok buddy?
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2005, 07:29 PM   #16
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Yeah they got away no problems.... drunk/drug affected losers rarely run quicker than sober teenagers! The disturbing part is no more than 6 years ago i used to walk past the exact same park every night coming home from night school and not once had anything like that happen.

As far as Croydon station goes, its the same as most stations... a hangout for tossers.... but now the entire town is the same as the station and still the cops do nothing.
Old 18-01-2005, 07:35 PM   #17
Psycho Chicken
Banned

It's ok though, those people doing 103 kph on the Western Ring Road are facing the full force of the law!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2005, 02:08 AM   #18
XRated
Shoot.

This really makes me feel sick and lose faith in the human race. What absolute scum we have living in this world...

These pricks need to be dealt with harshly. As hypocritical as it may seem, I'd be all for capital punishment again.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2005, 02:59 AM   #19
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

It's not going to change, anywhere in Oz, until the Australian public get a new mindset. The snivel libitarians have too much support for the person who has done the crime. What's with grubs, when copping an injury, sueing the people they've violated or traumatised?

Prison terms area a joke, maybe if prisons could become self-funding, there might be a rise in the number of residents.

I heard years ago, that there was nearly 15000 people "in custody"" in the Qld jail system, but less than 5000 of them were actually under lock and key. The rest were on some sort of work release, bail or whatever.

These offences keep happening, because the grubs know, if they're caught, they MAY get a short holiday, and even get offered courses to help their development!

If they do the crime, they should do the time. And a reasonable amount of time, at that!

I'll stop my rant now...
Captain Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2005, 07:41 AM   #20
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

All good honest people should be packing... a quick tap from a small calibre, to the kneecap or any harmless extremity, would do wonders for the proliferation of common street-f@ckwit. Knowing that acting like an ****, or threatening those unlike themselves, would result in a small fragment of metal burying itself in them somewhere, would certainly curb this kind of behaviour.

Firepower to the people!!!!!!!
Old 19-01-2005, 08:26 AM   #21
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
All good honest people should be packing... a quick tap from a small calibre, to the kneecap or any harmless extremity, would do wonders for the proliferation of common street-f@ckwit. Knowing that acting like an ****, or threatening those unlike themselves, would result in a small fragment of metal burying itself in them somewhere, would certainly curb this kind of behaviour.

Firepower to the people!!!!!!!
the only problem with this is that id would be all to tempting to fully remove them from the gene pool.
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2005, 09:53 AM   #22
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Prison doesnt do jack. Its not a deterrant for violent offenders, its a deterrant for white collar crime, embezzling book keepers and shoddy businessmen. Prison is a holiday, and a chance for some more violence, and that works well for morons who's only recreation is theft and violence. And if they misbehave inside, what then, they lose tv rights for a month? cmon.

If you want peace on the street, try corporal punishment, short of hanging which isnt quite appropriate for GBH. A good public flogging in the street tends to be humiliating enough, but would never swim past the libertarians. While I say this, i also dont believe in the death penalty, simply because i've been there when the courts and DPP get it completely wrong. You can release a wrongly imprisoned man from jail, you can apologize for a flogging, you cant bring him back from the grave.

A revision of laws in home defence and self defence would work well too. People should not be penalised for protecting their own property and/or life. If someone steps into my home with a weapon, he is prepared to kill, illustrated by the fact he has brought the weapon. In which point id sure as hell use fatal force.

Same in the street, if someone/group of someones is threatening you with violence for money, or just for the hell of it, you should be entitled to protect yourself with as much force as you deem fit, especially when attacked by a gang, it seriously doesnt take much to kill a human by hand.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2005, 01:39 PM   #23
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
nah, the 15 year old try hards and the 'homeboys'. Ive a few push and shove things happen there on the way home fron uni a few times. Push back and nothing comes of it. ****ers! :
Hear ya there. Had some punks at Mooroolbark come up to me with some attidtude. Did the only thing i could and threw the first punch. K.O.'d the lead guy, and the rest just grabbed his collapsed **** and dragged him away, never got disturbed again. He would have been probably 16 at best, trying to pick a fight with a 19yr old, never a good move.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 11:44 PM   #24
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoked
Hear ya there. Had some punks at Mooroolbark come up to me with some attidtude. Did the only thing i could and threw the first punch. K.O.'d the lead guy, and the rest just grabbed his collapsed **** and dragged him away, never got disturbed again. He would have been probably 16 at best, trying to pick a fight with a 19yr old, never a good move.

But that's crap! Why should there be the push and shove to start with? That's where society is wrong, where that sort of thing is supposedly 'normal' behaviour!
Captain Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2005, 01:26 AM   #25
Twisted
Contributing Member

Damn i never even heard anything about this! I cant understand the mentality of some people. I would never go out of my way to provoke a fight. I have no problem at all sticking up for myself or my friends but I just dont understand why some people go out with the intention of starting a fight. Its just stupid!

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post