Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-01-2015, 07:21 PM   #1
snopony

Default Stupid Things Now Ex's have done to your cars

Just posting for a vent/ devilment... What is the stupidest thing that an ex or a significant other has done to your pride and joy?
I will start with A) Going back a while now, my significant other had a small anger management issue.. resulted in my first xb being reversed at high speed in an underground car park space.... only prob was, the falcon was on full lock.Next to a giant concrete pilon. yeh that didn't buff out.
B) different bloke....this time decided to drive my piece of american classic muscle to work. proceeded to get drunk after work and try to drive her home. 4 storey car park, curved circular access ramp all the way...... I'm sure he used the complete length of the guide rail on the way down as a......guide....brace.....sideswiped the whole car and both rims on the drivers side. All the way.
Anyone else come across these types, or, better still...why don't they come with warning labels and how to avoid them???
I have learned tho. My pride and Joy is under lock and key and only gets driven by me. Its easier.
snopony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-01-2015, 07:54 PM   #2
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: Stupid Things Now Ex's have done to your cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopony View Post
Just posting for a vent/ devilment... What is the stupidest thing that an ex or a significant other has done to your pride and joy?
I will start with A) Going back a while now, my significant other had a small anger management issue.. resulted in my first xb being reversed at high speed in an underground car park space.... only prob was, the falcon was on full lock.Next to a giant concrete pilon. yeh that didn't buff out.
B) different bloke....this time decided to drive my piece of american classic muscle to work. proceeded to get drunk after work and try to drive her home. 4 storey car park, curved circular access ramp all the way...... I'm sure he used the complete length of the guide rail on the way down as a......guide....brace.....sideswiped the whole car and both rims on the drivers side. All the way.
Anyone else come across these types, or, better still...why don't they come with warning labels and how to avoid them???
I have learned tho. My pride and Joy is under lock and key and only gets driven by me. Its easier.
Ouch, how long did it take for you to kick them to the curb after that?

Been lucky, never had anything done to mine.
Old 24-01-2015, 08:02 PM   #3
snopony

way longer than I should have. Older and wiser now.
2 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2015, 10:03 PM   #4
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I had a physco ex who put numerous dints in a couple of my cars. Freakin' loon. So glad she's gone.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2015, 11:04 PM   #5
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sat in them.first of many mistakes
jmack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-01-2015, 11:42 PM   #6
dirtyclevo

the mother of my child (when i was with her of course) .

has a uncontrollable anger issue! and majority of her behaviour was best described as random craziness.

apart from her physically abusing me and permanently damaging my face and body with scratches from dagger fingernails, trashing the house, destroying thousands of dollars worth of appliances and electrical goods and throwing stuff through windows.

she hit my car 4 times with a alloy vacuum pipe.

smashed my tail light with her iphone. destroying her phone in the process

smashed my drivers mirror with her foot

kicked my dash, damaging cd/mp3/radio, beyond repair

threw a brick at my car and it hit my rhd c-pillar and put a big dent and scrape down it.

She got worse as the relationship went along. and blackmailed me saying ill never see my son again, wtf was i suppose to do. one day i just packed a bag and left the nutbag. And haven't looked back! except to see my son of course.

there is plenty of crazy people out there. everything is great now though!!

Last edited by dirtyclevo; 24-01-2015 at 11:54 PM.
dirtyclevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2015, 01:03 AM   #7
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a camry 3 litre manual, good condition, let my wife use it. After 2 years literally every panel bar 1 had a scratch/dint. One morning an old timer at a coffee shop asked her how she had managed to do what she had done to it.

I will start the ball rolling with stupid stuff I have done- having a huge argument with the wife-to get away from her incessant hounding with her chasing me into the garage, I reversed her car out the garage- forgetting to shut the drivers door....with a solid brick pillar taking real good care of the little Festiva's appendage

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2015, 12:19 PM   #8
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Women are nuts haha
Old 25-01-2015, 12:25 PM   #9
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

I've had a few that leave food and wrappers in door pockets and dirty/sandy shoes, can't stand messy cars. No damage though luckily.

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2015, 12:27 PM   #10
cram_it_frog
wombat

My ex has got a drivers licence how she got it I have no idea she has got a problem judging distance.

one day she put the car in the garage and we had to jack the car up and put tilles with oil in them to slid the car left enough to get the car back out

I was lucky a mat is a panel beater he fixed the damage for a carton of beer

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2015, 12:40 PM   #11
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine ran me over wih my own car. Not sure what hurt more, the damage to my car or the purple bruises down my left side...
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2015, 01:42 PM   #12
66GT

Not my misses, but the mother in law. Every car she has driven into or out of her own extra wide double driveway has managed to make contact with the gate latch resulting in up to 3cm deep gouges from front to rear on the passenger side. Most cars have multiple scrapes in height according to the weight in the car at the time. The father in law has easily managed to reverse 2 18 wheelers & car side by side into the same space without issue. She is only allowed to use the driveway when there is no truck present, but still finds the gate post.
66GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2015, 02:10 PM   #13
snopony

wow. I don't feel so bad now after reading these posts. And I certainly do agree with the comment how some people even get their license in the first place. I didn't find out until well into the relationship that the ex had in fact written off 11 cars before the age of 30. I do think that yes, I should have asked in the first place, but also is it lying by omission when they don't tell you..
Old 25-01-2015, 02:17 PM   #14
bigwil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Convinced me to sell my XBGT now she's gone and cars gone and I want my car back, if anyone knows where's there's a walnut glow over silver XBGT please let me know
bigwil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2015, 02:56 PM   #15
snopony

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwil View Post
Convinced me to sell my XBGT now she's gone and cars gone and I want my car back, if anyone knows where's there's a walnut glow over silver XBGT please let me know
oh oww. Thats gotta hurt.
Old 25-01-2015, 03:40 PM   #16
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Was dating this (now certified) crazy ***** with a daughter back in my early 20's. I doted on the 3yo daughter, she was lovely.

Had some wild mood swings which I put up with being inexperienced with girls - fail!

Felt her get out of bed early one morning and heard the front screen door shut, so got outta bed to see what was going on - she'd pushed my motorbike off it's stand and dropped it on it's side. WTF!

I challenged her about it and she said she'd heard something and went outside to investigate. I called BS as I saw the whole thing, then she twisted the conversation and said I'd been interfering with her daughter.

I got the hell outta there quick smart. Weird thing is that she was studying at Uni to be a psychiatrist! Very much that the lunatics are looking after the asylum in this case.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2015, 04:15 PM   #17
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopony View Post
wow. I don't feel so bad now after reading these posts. And i certainly do agree with the comment how some people even get their license in the first place. I didn't find out until well into the relationship that the ex had in fact written off 11 cars before the age of 30. I do think that yes, i should have asked in the first place, but also is it lying by omission when they don't tell you..

hell yes!!

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2015, 04:20 PM   #18
brismike
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My missus has a problem reversing. She had an AU Falcon we used to have stuck against a low retaining wall on one side of a driveway (Not ours).

Then a few years later she got our FG XR6 stuck on the same driveway but on the other side. Had to call RACQ both times to get it freed. Luckily only minor damage both times.

Then she reversed down our driveway into an old man walking along our street and knocked him over. He was ok just a bit shaken up. Nosey neighbor called the police and we had an Ambulance, a Fire Engine and 2 Police Cars all arrive with sirens blaring. She copped a fine for that but I got her off after writing a letter to the local police sergeant saying she was normally a very good driver with no traffic convictions blah blah blah etc.

I only let her drive my GT if I have to and bought her the smartcar. She seems ok in that. I fitted a good reversing cam and screen and it is so small you can hardly go wrong reversing it. (Fingers crossed lol)

Cheers Mike

Wife's - 2018 Peugeot 3008 Gtline, Pearl White - 6 Speed Auto - Fully Optioned.

My Toy - 2014 Smart Fortwo Passion Crystal White, Black Tridion Cell - 5 Speed Auto with Flappy Paddles - Tint - Twin Exhaust

The only good Commodore is the one now very very quickly disappearing in my rear view mirror.
brismike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2015, 04:56 PM   #19
uniacidz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My first car, ex at the time damaged wheels by scraping against gutters against on her learners and when on her p-plates, damaged the front bumper.

Not real much damage actually

Some of these stories in this thread are funny, and yet disturbing

Sent via HTC Velocity + [HolicsROM v1.3] [SWEEP2WAKE]
VX SS (R.I.P)
VE Berlina
uniacidz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2015, 05:01 PM   #20
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

The only stupid thing my ex did was leave me.

I must say, she always respected my cars and took care when driving the daily.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2015, 05:08 PM   #21
snopony

[QUOTE=uniacidz;5314999]My first car, ex at the time damaged wheels by scraping against gutters against on her learners and when on her p-plates, damaged the front bumper.

Not real much damage actually

Some of these stories in this thread are funny, and yet disturbing

Im actually finding this therapeutic ....Phew its not just me! disturbing..absolutley.
The only side effect I have is my adrenaline levels go thru the roof if someone goes NEAR my car. Haven't worked out how to stop that yet.
Old 25-01-2015, 11:00 PM   #22
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

I sold my EL XR8 becasue it was a good idea apparently, Biggest regret of my life!
Old 25-01-2015, 11:19 PM   #23
OCTANEBOSS

X thought she could stop a 1.5 ton car rolling down the hill, nearly nailed her but she didnt get a scratch. Hyperflexed door and a dent in the apple tree but nothing that could not be repaired.... she never was big on physics and a lot of other things sane people do.
OCTANEBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2015, 12:00 AM   #24
dirtyclevo

i know there are some good female drivers out there, but fair amount of them are shocking.

and yes some shouldn't have a licence. and some don't have a licence.

my ex's sister had been driving for 12 years, but is yet to get a licence.

she had failed her driving test 8 times, and to this day i think she is still driving around on her Learners, ignorant *****.
dirtyclevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2015, 10:55 AM   #25
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

My ex (Missus) was driving my car to town one morning, daughter in the kiddie seat in the back. "Oh look at the lovely clouds" the ex says straining to get her chin over the steering wheel to see the clouds.
Right up the bum of the car in front which had stopped to turn right.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2015, 05:16 PM   #26
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

First one is not car related but quite funny, though I didn't think so at the time. She at home with the day off decided to clean the bike (Honda VF1000F11F). When I got home she was so proud off her work she said take it for a run - hell yeah why not. First set of lights changed prior to getting there and I had to brake heavy. Whoosh straight along the seat, up and over the tank with my legs pinned under the handlebars. When I eventually got myself free and back home I had to explain to her that you "DO NOT" Armor All the seat and what can happen.

Now the car part, when I started my business as a Defensive Driving Instructor I handed my Ex a pristine low Km EF XR6 Cobalt blue manual as I had my work car to run around in. It seems that to save money for spending on non essentials she lied when it came to servicing etc the XR. The result was in three years the car was never washed, serviced or cleaned inside. The vehicle now sits as a rusting hulk in her yard with just 142,000km on the clock looking like it had done several million kms.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2015, 06:21 PM   #27
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Current wife has an issue reversing & LOOKING at the same time.
I've told her about mirrors but what.
To date has reversed into 3 stobie poles, numerous wheelie bins (ours), roller door twice.
Have fitted a reverse camera & no incidences since.
Not holding my breath.
Gotta love em...
She has driven the FGF6 about 6 times since new. All good so far.
fingers crossed
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2015, 07:03 PM   #28
strik9
aka fpv747

i,m not really sure where too start, there was so many

had a brand new sr5 hilux , the ( now certified personality disorder EX) run a bit of blue metal down to the bare metal from front too back . truck was 2 days old.

i did return the favour by jumping on her bonnet and put a sledge hammer into the bonnet as she was reversing off. i,m un diagnosed her car was a **** box though that i paid for.

gratefully i kicked her to the curb , now have the best girl in the world.
strik9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2015, 10:23 PM   #29
V8 Ghia Mike
Blue blooded Ford guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyclevo View Post
my ex's sister had been driving for 12 years, but is yet to get a licence.

she had failed her driving test 8 times, and to this day i think she is still driving around on her Learners, ignorant *****.
Report her to the Police mate, she needs to be taken off the road. You could be saving the lives of others!

94 EF Fairmont Ghia 5.0- XR8 in a tuxedo...
Bordeaux purple, Tickford kit, 2.5+ inch drop, EL Ghia chrome, leather, Pioneer sound, C&C, electric everything, 18" BA XR8's, ABS, LSD, GT40P's, Crane cam, ChipTorque ECU, XR8 snorkel, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights.
V8 Ghia Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2015, 10:35 PM   #30
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by strik9 View Post
had a brand new sr5 hilux , the ( now certified personality disorder EX) run a bit of blue metal down to the bare metal from front too back . truck was 2 days old.
Ouch.

I know the feeling.

Never able to prove if it was the ex or her equally vindictive (and crazy) sister, but I had a black car that was given a pinstripe from the centre of the bonnet, around onto the guard, all the way up the side, then across the boot. The word "die" was carved into the guard, and "fxxx you" was carved into the bonnet - down to the primer, so it stood out at 20 feet...
Neighbour at the time was a cop, and he reckoned it was done with a knife, based on how the paint was sliced up across the boot.

Some of the gouges were so heavy, that I ended up changing all the bolt-on panels.

A few months later had a mate moving house, and lent him the trailer. He took the old bonnet to use as a hungry board on the trailer. When he returned the trailer, there was no bonnet. I asked him what happened (fearing he'd lost part of a load). He cracked up laughing when he told me what he did.. he "delivered" the old bonnet to the ex's house. Her father (who thought butter wouldn't melt in any of his daughter's mouths) came out to find out what the commotion was. My mate was just getting back in the car after tossing the bonnet on his driveway, and told him "it's for when she becomes famous, she can point out her very first artwork" as he drove off, tearing up the front lawn....
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post: